High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

The boots that the EG model's got on are special runs of either the Zephyr (http://russellmoccasin.com/boots_pullon/zephyr.html) or Cavalier (http://russellmoccasin.com/boots_pullon/cavalier.html). Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a pair of either.

the one pictured is definitely a knockabout boot (strap is extra feature for extra $):

picture6ns7.png

That's what I was thinking, just wondering if they would replicate a single pair from a limited run they'd done previously, or if there is some minimum order for the real special joints. Also wondering what some of those would end up costing.

I'll be looking into this and will report back if I figure anything out.

Lets you. me timbo, and DDML start out own fucking safari Club. I'm not on some "lets make a superfuture Moccassin and send it around the world" shit, but it might be interesting to pool any knowledge acquired on the subject of custom joints. I think I'll gather together some flicks I like and send them there way over the break with a few Q's about process and pricing for custom work.

On the other hand, part of me thinks my first pair should just be a custom fitted classic style.

I dont really know though.

As for the thread jack...As the thread starter, It should be known that I fully endorse any discussions of Moccassins and other "outdoor" boots/shoes. etc... in the thread.

Only hood niggas know about them Vasques

Wow .. I haven't heard this company mentioned in a long time. I always kinda liked their boots, but never bought a pair.

A lotta people around my way had 'em years ago .. their fitteds and jackets were also kinda popular. Are they even still around? Gonna read up on it.

Lets you. me timbo, and DDML start out own fucking safari Club. I'm not on some "lets make a superfuture Moccassin and send it around the world" shit, but it might be interesting to pool any knowledge acquired on the subject of custom joints. I think I'll gather together some flicks I like and send them there way over the break with a few Q's about process and pricing for custom work.

On the other hand, part of me thinks my first pair should just be a custom fitted classic style.

I dont really know though.

As for the thread jack...As the thread starter, It should be known that I fully endorse any discussions of Moccassins and other "outdoor" boots/shoes. etc... in the thread.

Yeah, I was sort of avoiding suggesting a SuFu group order for obvious reasons (not even sure if it'd be possible - or any cheaper) - but I am all for the formation of a Private Fucking Safari Club of our own if it garners us access to some really dope footwear and all kinds of hides, leathers, skins and pelts.

Let us know what you figure out, and I'll conduct an investigation of my own.

177142lg.jpg

If they had these in black, I might wear 'em in the shitty conditions of the winter.

I've had these since I was 13.. I'm 23 now. They're fucked since I waded in the ocean with them a couple years back, the leather is all dried out. I'm still trying to revive them... maybe with some red laces?

I've got some other mountaineering boots I'll post pics of this weekend

I've had these since I was 13.. I'm 23 now. They're fucked since I waded in the ocean with them a couple years back, the leather is all dried out. I'm still trying to revive them... maybe with some red laces?

I've got some other mountaineering boots I'll post pics of this weekend

Red laces won't do shit, but oiling them might help.

Notesee:

They do make them in black, I'm wearing them right now, but I'm not in love with the way they look, and they don't age that well.

I'm gonna keep scoring EBAY for some old danners or some italian mountaineering boots. The SophnetXDanner's Seenmy had on his blog back when were really slick, but I won't find them in my size ever, and even if I did...I fear they're too rich for my blood.

What are these? The pair I posted above? Link?

The SCI Safari PH just posted up on RMs site is crazy.

MTN_PH400.jpg

Now, how to become a member of the Safari Club International...

yea...im buying my membership to the SCI tomorrow for 55 bucks and buying that pair in the back. I get a membership card and a subscription to safari magazine too? sheeeit...

anyone bought these?

I'm not sure why those are so pricey, palladiums are generally cheap boots. Not that they won't last, but they're not as durable or technical as any of the boots in this thread. Kind of a boot version of a plimsoll. The chukka versions are issued by the IDF, if I remember correctly, so you could wear them and a shemagh and be all fucked up.

Not sure if they're widely available in Oak's color, though.

palladium buckle boots on ebay

5059fde0ku5.jpg

Notesee:

They do make them in black, I'm wearing them right now, but I'm not in love with the way they look, and they don't age that well.

Ah, that's too bad about the aging .. but yeah I figured they made them in black, but it seems that the brown are a lot more common, from the couple of online stores I glanced through.

Those grey Palladium boots on Oak look really nice, but they don't have my size .. damn it. Anybody know of any other online retailers for Palladium?