High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Also, can anyone comment on the sizing of the Japanese Danners they stock at the factory store in Portland? Are those marked as UK size? I spoke to someone on the phone who said they run true, but I think I've heard otherwise, and that they are a full size big.

I wear in a size US 9 in Mountain Light IIs (DJ version). My sneaker size is a US 10. I wear a US 9 in Red Wing Moc-Toes as well.

Vasque Sundowner GTX. Forget the chinese version, but if you can find some of the original Italian made pairs then I would highly recommend them. You can still find them randomly at various outfitters.

two things - i've had trouble breaking them in, and i've never done a trip with them, so i don't want to be stranded with them just in case. also, they're the japanese mountain light, and i don't want to completely fuck them up, because i wear them when not hiking too.

okay, bought a couple pairs based on some reviews. my local campmor didn't have what i wanted in stock, so i had to go online. bought three sizes in three different boots from zappos/shoebuy. with their free return shipping, i'm pretty sure they're losing money on this transaction, lol.

went a little heavier duty than i initially intended, but based on what i'll be doing, i think this class is best.

scarpa kailash

8521-590097-p.jpg?

iowa banff

10942-832826-p.jpg?

kayland vertigo light

8521-866471-p.jpg

patagonia here i come!

nah, wasn't that. waterproofing failed. in the tongue. she got pwned.

Wait, can we run some fact checking on this real quick?

How did she get frostbite from failed waterproofing? If it's frostbite temps were below 32F (probably well below), and if it's below 32F it's not waterproofing that you need cause there's no water.

Merrell Wilderness boots are 1000% legit. Those things are OG as all get out, regardless of what a crap company Merrell is otherwise. Not to mention, they are all leather and require no waterproofing.

Not that any of this really matters. Just want to put it out there. Those Orvis joints are dope, I would consider if I didn't have something else lined up.

How did she get frostbite from failed waterproofing? If it's frostbite temps were below 32F (probably well below), and if it's below 32F it's not waterproofing that you need cause there's no water.

Merrell Wilderness boots are 1000% legit. Those things are OG as all get out, regardless of what a crap company Merrell is otherwise. Not to mention, they are all leather and require no waterproofing.

Not that any of this really matters. Just want to put it out there. Those Orvis joints are dope, I would consider if I didn't have something else lined up.

what you got lined up, blood?

dunno, maybe the wet didn't cause it then. but the waterproofing failed, she sent them back and got a nice apology letter. and she still doesn't have feeling in two toes. lol

How do Danner ML2's fit? I usually wear a 10.5 in most shoes, 10-10.5 in boots and 11 in sneakers.

You'd be a size 10 from what you're sayin'. They fit a half size down from your actual foot size. I wear 11 in Vans, Alden, Arrow Moc...10.5 in my Danners (although I have a 10.5 Wide). The fit is PERFECT.

4327263052_b5fc5fdaf0.jpg

Can anyone help me identify these Danner boots? I've searched both US/JP Danner sites, along with various Japanese sites, but I can't seem to find this model anywhere. I'm starting to doubt it's even a Danner, but from what I can make out from the tongue, it looks like Danner branding. It was featured in the Dec 2009 issue of Smart (as a Danner model). Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nevermind....danner officer boots....saw them at all the abc-marts around tokyo...

4327263052_b5fc5fdaf0.jpg

Can anyone help me identify these Danner boots? I've searched both US/JP Danner sites, along with various Japanese sites, but I can't seem to find this model anywhere. I'm starting to doubt it's even a Danner, but from what I can make out from the tongue, it looks like Danner branding. It was featured in the Dec 2009 issue of Smart (as a Danner model). Thanks