High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Still on the hunt for something for this winter.

Gonna hit some downtown Japanese consignment shops in the next couple and see if I have any luck with some size 11's, since that's the largest those spots ever stock. Will post results if any.

hey wolves - I know this post goes a few months back but care to shed any light on these japanese consignment shops - what do the generally have, where are they etc.

hey wolves - I know this post goes a few months back but care to shed any light on these japanese consignment shops - what do the generally have, where are they etc.

Mostly around the St. Mark's area (8th street in the east Vill) and further east on streets 6 through 14. Some are better than others. They don't really traffic in what I imagine most people on this board might think they would (I.e Undercover, Lad, Attatchment, etc..) but I did once score a beat to shit pair of Visvims for 8 bones.

Some have more traditional designerwear (Jil, Marc, Armani, etc...) while others stock western shirts, Levis, and other more standard vintage gear. There's some better ones such as INA that are not japanese. I picked up a sick Final Home shirt there, debated on a bizzarely ugly Undercover Hamburger Polo, and salivated over a beautiful Louis Vuitton (I know, right?) light jacket. Tht spot aint cheap though.

Holler on the PM for more specific info.

I still haven't found any nice mountaineering boots though, and winter's almost past.

Boots work with springwear - light cotton beaner, big white tee, slim chinos and BOOOOTS. That's the floss. Leather breathes, dun. Thin socks. I'm eyeing some old White Mountaineering footwear right now, and considering another pair o' Mocs - hoping for an updated sales list soon.

Oh, and potroast guy, PMed you back, though I don't really have to say that here.

Boots work with springwear - light cotton beaner, big white tee, slim chinos and BOOOOTS. That's the floss. Leather breathes, dun. Thin socks. I'm eyeing some old White Mountaineering footwear right now,

I completely agree, as a mater of fact...You nailed it to a T.

Question though. What do you mean by "old" White Mountaineering boots? Did they used to be a legitimate US outdoor wear manufacturer. The name is definitely familiar. And where you "eyeing" them? (PM if neccessary)

Question though. What do you mean by "old" White Mountaineering boots? Did they used to be a legitimate US outdoor wear manufacturer. The name is definitely familiar. And where you "eyeing" them? (PM if neccessary)

As far as I know, White Mountaineering has always been a mid/high-range Japanese outdoors inspired brand. Good question though, these Japanese brands love buying licenses to brand their products with old American tags. I think WM just sounds like they did, but I'm not certain.

Old as in past couple seasons/years. Eyeing on Japanese auction sites.

does anyone have experience with these

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=allagash-bison-handsewns&categoryId=52289&parentCategory=503393&cat4=503383&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=503383-sub2

Not really the same thing, but they do look great in the new LL bean catalogue, so I think they might be a affordable alternative to Russels for me atleast. The bison leather is really nice aswell.

debated on a bizzarely ugly Undercover Hamburger Polo,

quote]

those LL beans aer pretty tempting, especially for that price....

i always wanted a pair of the hamburger sk8 his they put out.......was the polo just hamburgers all over it?

debated on a bizzarely ugly Undercover Hamburger Polo,

quote]

those LL beans aer pretty tempting, especially for that price....

i always wanted a pair of the hamburger sk8 his they put out.......was the polo just hamburgers all over it?

Kind of. You know what? It may not even actualy be Hamburgers, but it's a mess of cartooney colorful shit nonetheless. Their on Bleecker, between laffayette and Bowery. Go check that shit out. With their clientele it'll never sell.

Kind of. You know what? It may not even actualy be Hamburgers, but it's a mess of cartooney colorful shit nonetheless. Their on Bleecker, between laffayette and Bowery. Go check that shit out. With their clientele it'll never sell.

u recall what size ?

Boots work with springwear - light cotton beaner, big white tee, slim chinos and BOOOOTS. That's the floss. Leather breathes, dun. Thin socks. I'm eyeing some old White Mountaineering footwear right now, and considering another pair o' Mocs - hoping for an updated sales list soon.

Oh, and potroast guy, PMed you back, though I don't really have to say that here.

I'm feeling this as well. I'd say save yourself some money and go for the Uniqlo vintage chinos and use the extra cash on the boots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine.

Safari Club International Russell Moccasin McIntosh Birdshooter

Welcome to the club. Well, not really. Found 'em on the Bay. Saved me a few hundo and any potential ties to the NRA. They're brand new, seller said they were show samples.

These run a full size larger than tagged if you don't do the custom joints.

Yeah. I mean, these things are pretty much insane.

Keep you eye on the Bay, Wolves. Also, Y!jp auctions, you'll be shelling out some skrill there, but there are often lots of sick pairs up.

I think these jams are one-offs, you won't find another pair of the SCI shits unless you join the club.

DeadLion.jpg

That club.

Also, it's worth noting that these things--all R. Mocs--are ridiculously soft and comfortable. Wouldn't know it just looking at them.

Those are really dope, Gnar. What's the waterproofing like on those. I'm guessing there's some sort of liner under the suede?

As far as I know, there is really no need for waterproofing treatments or liners with these. The leathers they use are pretty much naturally waterproof and breathable, and the seams are all glued and stitched. Neither of my Russells have any kind of liners--I haven't worn the SCIs yet, but my Safari boots from Nom de Guerre are totally waterproof, no liner, no treatments. I wear them when it pours.

I guess it also depends on the material - both of mine are mostly chamois, and I've spoken to reps at Russell Moccasin and they recommend you do nothing to treat them, just keep 'em clean. That means spray 'em down with a hose when they're caked with mud.

subscribed

always on the lookout for russells but hesitate at the price tag

From what I've heard from fashion types and hunter/stalkers alike, they are well worth the money and time. That said, I gotta keep my eye on the bay, cause 2 or 3 months is a long-ass wait in my book.

I'm papered up at the moment though, and with tax return checks on the way, who knows.

I been looking at alot of japanese outerwear along the lines of Waste(twice), White mountaineering, and Unused, but as always, it's difficult to find my size. I've all but given up on the footwear by those brands, which is unfortuate, cause it's pretty uniformly dope.

Those Paul SmithxSierra Designs look suprisingly nice though, I'll look into that.

So I'm thinking of making a pair of safari boots my next footwear purchase. I definitely like the look of those Nom de Guerres, but I'd assume they're not easy to find now.

No one would have a pair of 12/13's they know of or want to get rid of?

Just get Russell to custom make you a pair; they would be more comfortable because of the custom lasting process.

Be prepared to wait a few months though.