cheep

fake sugarcane jeans on ebay

That's weird I guess. Who would think of making fake sugarcanes? I understand the flashy shit like evisu and red monkey etc..But sugarcane?

Do you think fake sugarcanes are still better quality than gap or uniqlo selvedge jeans?

Do you think fake sugarcanes are still better quality than gap or uniqlo selvedge jeans?

No.

That's the same weird fake selvedge shit as on the fake SDAs from last week. Looks like it might be the same maker?

Who would want to floss their fake sugarcanes? By getting fake jeans that are only expensive for their quality, you are just fucking yourself over.

I think it's very odd seeing these obscure brands getting faked

No.

That's the same weird fake selvedge shit as on the fake SDAs from last week. Looks like it might be the same maker?

you cant fake 'selvedge'.... what are you on about..

obviously brands can be faked, but selvedge is a weaving process, you cant just sew it on at the end with a special 'selvedge sewing machin''

you cant fake 'selvedge'.... what are you on about..

obviously brands can be faked, but selvedge is a weaving process, you cant just sew it on at the end with a special 'selvedge sewing machin''

It looks to me like they painted fabric white and yellow to look like selvedge. What else would I be on about?

It looks to me like they painted fabric white and yellow to look like selvedge. What else would I be on about?

The fabric is finished on the edge hence"selvedge" it's about how its woven not the colour of the edge. If it was jet loomed it would have to have some sort of stitching to prevent the fabric from fraying.

The fabric is finished on the edge hence"selvedge" it's about how its woven not the colour of the edge. If it was jet loomed it would have to have some sort of stitching to prevent the fabric from fraying.

Ah. I just figured it was jet loomed, cut, painted, and left to fray. Nevermind then.

Yeah, you would think that the type of person that's buying Sugar Cane or SDA would know what to look for as opposed to somebody buying, say, a pair of Sevens or something.

Ah. I just figured it was jet loomed, cut, painted, and left to fray. Nevermind then.

or you could just admit you know fuck all about denim?

lolz

I've seen this on a pair of jeans before. It's just a piece of fabric sewn onto the frayed edge of the denim to create the appearance of a selvedge line.

Wow..Japanese denim has become mainstream...as soon as the first fake ones make it on ebay, there's no chance denying...

they've put some work into this stuff, two-tone stitching, chainstitched hems...

but it looks a little messy, proportions of the pockets and all, ugly gold/silver selvedge and bartacking instead of rivets? [or are there rivets? i can't see clearly but i assume that if you bartack you don't have space for rivets]

that said i've seen some very ingenious ways of tacking finished selvedge ends to jet-loomed fabrics, so that a casual glance doesn't reveal the surgery.

am I the only one weirded out that it appears these are coming out of costa rica

theetruscan youve been exposed

finally! someone ... i love it. i was thinking about bidding on them and sending to theetruescan. i think his "city boots" would look great with them.

they look to me to be chinese actually. there are a bunch of mills in china at the moment making very similar selvedge lines, they will make to order pretty much any colour line + metalic threads etc.

dunno how the denim is. someone with more money to burn than i should cop and let us know.

they look to me to be chinese actually. there are a bunch of mills in china at the moment making very similar selvedge lines, they will make to order pretty much any colour line + metalic threads etc.

dunno how the denim is. someone with more money to burn than i should cop and let us know.

Hey man do u know the contact of that Chinese Mill??

i find it very odd someone in costa rica is holding onto so many japanese jeans!

On a side note, I do not buy anything on ebay, but I have seen a few times, as in the SC sale, the words "any feedback you leave you will get the same".

How does this work? You leave neg. feedback as they sold you fake jeans, and they leave you neg. feedback for falling for it? Just curious. You would think there would be some system that makes it so you do not know what the other person left as feedback until you leave yours or something.

I was thinking about picking another pair of SC Okinawas up and found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUGAR-CANE-OKINAWA-indigo-jeans-with-PYTHON-patch-W-34_W0QQitemZ120220466660QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Legit or Fakes? They look good to me, but he is a new Ebayer with low feedback.

They are golden, just got a pair of okinawas and hawaiis from her (Yoku) she ships fast and is legit for my transaction. She was very nice, good communication and everything was packaged nicely with original tags.