fake sugarcane jeans on ebay

cheep

No.

That's the same weird fake selvedge shit as on the fake SDAs from last week. Looks like it might be the same maker?

you cant fake 'selvedge'.... what are you on about..

obviously brands can be faked, but selvedge is a weaving process, you cant just sew it on at the end with a special 'selvedge sewing machin''

It looks to me like they painted fabric white and yellow to look like selvedge. What else would I be on about?

The fabric is finished on the edge hence"selvedge" it's about how its woven not the colour of the edge. If it was jet loomed it would have to have some sort of stitching to prevent the fabric from fraying.

they've put some work into this stuff, two-tone stitching, chainstitched hems...

but it looks a little messy, proportions of the pockets and all, ugly gold/silver selvedge and bartacking instead of rivets? [or are there rivets? i can't see clearly but i assume that if you bartack you don't have space for rivets]

that said i've seen some very ingenious ways of tacking finished selvedge ends to jet-loomed fabrics, so that a casual glance doesn't reveal the surgery.

they look to me to be chinese actually. there are a bunch of mills in china at the moment making very similar selvedge lines, they will make to order pretty much any colour line + metalic threads etc.

dunno how the denim is. someone with more money to burn than i should cop and let us know.

they look to me to be chinese actually. there are a bunch of mills in china at the moment making very similar selvedge lines, they will make to order pretty much any colour line + metalic threads etc.

dunno how the denim is. someone with more money to burn than i should cop and let us know.

Hey man do u know the contact of that Chinese Mill??

On a side note, I do not buy anything on ebay, but I have seen a few times, as in the SC sale, the words "any feedback you leave you will get the same".

How does this work? You leave neg. feedback as they sold you fake jeans, and they leave you neg. feedback for falling for it? Just curious. You would think there would be some system that makes it so you do not know what the other person left as feedback until you leave yours or something.

• 3 months later...

I was thinking about picking another pair of SC Okinawas up and found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUGAR-CANE-OKINAWA-indigo-jeans-with-PYTHON-patch-W-34_W0QQitemZ120220466660QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Legit or Fakes? They look good to me, but he is a new Ebayer with low feedback.