Oris Digital Watch?

generic_guy

Puchased this off the bay c2_1_b.JPG. It's actually a bit bigger than it looks, about 1 1/2" square. Has anyone else seen one of these? Can't find any info on the net so wondered if it might be fake, although it looks genuine enough to me. It has time, then if you press a button it has date, but if you press the button again it has another function I can't work out, it seems like a stop watch (but just for minues and seconds), although I can't stop or start it and it appears to be resetting. Anyone know what this might be for?

Edited by generic_guy on Aug 18, 2005 at 07:43 AM

If you're just saying you don't like it that's fair enough.

I have swapped the strap for a black leather crocodile effect one as the one it came with is pretty unplesant. Fundamentally i just like old watches. I have quite a few watches but I just like the look of an old watch. I am particularly fond of simple digital watches.

I like the idea that when this was made people would have been incredibly impressed that such a thing was possible, and it would have been incredibly modern (unless of course it's a cheap fake knocked up in 1998!), and now it seems so ridiculously dated.

that is just about the coolest watch i've seen in a long while.

i too collect Casios and Casio knockoffs from the late 70s and early 80s..

:)

-kiya