Gem_art

Guest Goose25

in the 90's I rode a big mix of bikes and chopped and changed frames, headsets and cranks weekly. i was one of the few to actually destroy haro frames dirtjumping.

I had a friend at the time who would weld gussets around the headset as landing from 6-10 ft drops and dirtbowls sent me back to the shop monthly. the shop stopped selling to me after a while so we just kept welding the bikes i had.

i also rode a kx80 and cr125 and found switching on rides between these and the bmx was good because jumping bmx'es really gives you a very good feel for balance/height/length and when you get back onto the motorbike 40 feet feels like nothing.

Now I ride a mountain bike and looking to buy another road racer, we have some great rides and races near paris...

• 1 month later...
Anyone knowledgeable about flatland? I'm looking to get a DK Stylus... Opinions? I'm only a beginner at it.

On that note, does anyone know any stores in the Bay Area that might carry this bike?

You mean a KHE Stylus?

I don't really know of ANY Bay Area stores that sell Flatland stuff..

i knew i wouldn't get much interest in the market so i though i'd post this here. i finally finished this build and realized i could use the money right now.

this is an early 80's pk ripper looptail complete serial# pk57123. the frame was a cl find. it came with the uni seat and odyssey seat clamp, all covered in an awful white rattle can job. i stripped it down and had it anodized. the forks i got pretty beat up from ebay. they were black and the decals were scratched up. i had them stripped and chromed. the rest of the parts were collected from here, ebay and craigslist. here's the rest:

- nos redline v-bar

- nos ame short grips

- vintage dk stem

- tioga headset

- unstamped landing gear forks

- vintage 44 t redline chainwheel

- new school redline flight 3 piece cranks (didn't have the cash for vintage)

- uni seat

- odyssey seat clamp

- new redline bb

- beartrap pedals

- cheng shin skinwalls

- skyway tuff II's

- nos odyssey pitbull lever and brakes

- repro "pk ripper", "se racing" headtube and "landing gear" decals

it's not perfect. there a few minor scratches here and there that are pretty well hidden by the polish and anodizing job. there was a repair done (not by me, the previous owner) to the rear brake mount. and i had a hairline crack welded at the seat mast. i'd say for its age it's in excellent condition.

IMG_2615.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

$900 shipped OBO. pm me if interested. thanks.

I just fucking wet my pants. That bike is beyond ill.

If i already didn't have 5 BMX bikes, a few which i don't even ride, i'd seriously buy this.

You list this on bmxmuseum yet?

Amazing bikes, I've always wanted to get into riding a little more than just dirt jumping.

I'd like to ask you knowledgables if you know of any completes that I can pick up that are made for street. I'm short so i think I'm looking for a small 'Top Tube; on a bike with a full chromo frame and 3 peice crank, any suggestions for a beginner bike (max probably 500$)

i've definitely had my eye on the subrosa letum 24" cruiser with mag wheels. they make good street bikes and im sure their cruiser is just as good. i've been putting money into my fixie though so i haven't had funds to cop it. i don't have room for another bike either

• 3 weeks later...
this thread needs more pics/vids of you guys riding. i havent bmx'd since 9th or 10th grade, but my roommate is planning on getting a bike so i might get back into it also.

A photo from a roadtrip round Europe last summer; Carhartt warehouse Weil Am Rhein.

DSC_0025.jpg

Photo by Fred Murray

• 4 weeks later...