Sign in to follow this  
eastcoastrider27

Sweater and collared shirt: Tuck or Un-tuck the collar?

I like the tuck - the collared shirt under the v neck sweater (untucked) has become the new blazer and t-shirt. I like to tuck it in because it looks cleaner and isn't as flashy. The shirt out is kind of like the collar sticking out of a jacaket scaface style.

that aaron eckhardt lookin mafucka (it might even be him, haha) is doing it just right.

i prefer untucked, but again, it depends on the shirt and sweater, and personal preference.

i avoid the crewneck + collared shirt combo. consider it a conscientious abstention if you must. plus don't take sartorial tips from a model with jose mourinho stubble who rolls up his shirt sleeves in such a prissy way.

i avoid the crewneck + collared shirt combo. consider it a conscientious abstention if you must. plus don't take sartorial tips from a model with joe mourinho stubble who rolls up his shirt sleeves in such a prissy way.

I'm sure he had no part in the styling of that photograph...

..anyway, I say tuck as well.

Although, if it's a club collar, I like it untucked for the simple fact I like the look of the club collar.

Depends on the shirt collar ie shape, size, fabric and the sweater neck size, I do both.

I actually prefer it untucked. But I have run across a few instances where I've liked it tucked in.

Flip a coin I say, neither really look that bad in the first place.

Guest supernoob

if u cant tuck it that mean the spread is 2 much, and thus u need 2 wear a v-neck

Guest supernoob

8g8di06.jpg

72703kl.jpg

now that i finally load these images...

first one is better no question. second one is disgusting. doesnt work at all. even if he tucked it probably wouldnt look right. 1st one isnt good either (didnt tuck rite) but it still looks better.

Guest supernoob

raf simons tuck

simons2.jpg

i like this tuck, it's different and good.

Guest supernoob
tuck + tie

tie under crewneck?

are you armani??? he use 2 do shit like that a loooooong time ago (someitmes with the tie outside of sweater). i guess it was kool then but that shit is old now.

tie under crewneck?

are you armani??? he use 2 do shit like that a loooooong time ago (someitmes with the tie outside of sweater). i guess it was kool then but that shit is old now.

if you're going to do preppy go all the fucking way

If the collar buttons down (like I assume it does just by the look of it in the first picture), always always tuck. Tuck usually anyway.

i am sure this will erase all your doubts:

God that looks like shit. He should have tucked.

forgot to mention that i am clearly of the opinion of tucking in 95% of the times :)