poly800rock

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

They're playing All Tomorrow's Partys NY

My Bloody Valentine Lead Unfuckingbelievable Lineup for New York All Tomorrow's Parties Fest

Tortoise doing Millions Now Living Will Never Die! Built to Spill doing Perfect From Now On! Thurston Moore doing Psychic Hearts! Meat Puppets doing Meat Puppets II!

Oh. My. Lord. Where to start?

On the weekend of September 19-21, My Bloody Valentine will perform in the United States for the first time in 16 years. The occasion? ATP New York, the new American branch of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival. It will take place at Kutshers Country Club in Monticello, New York.

And... jesus... as if a My Bloody Valentine headlining set wasn't enough, ATP New York unveiled just the beginning of its completely astounding 30-act lineup, curated by both MBV and ATP:

My Bloody Valentine

Built to Spill performing Perfect From Now On

Meat Puppets performing Meat Puppets II

Thurston Moore performing Psychic Hearts

Tortoise performing Millions Now Living Will Never Die

Shellac

Mogwai

Polvo

Fuck Buttons

Autolux

The Drones

Low

Wooden Shjips

Edan with Dagha

Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra

I think I just peed myself.

In keeping with the spirit of the British ATPs, ATP New York is really, really small. As in, only 3000 people get to go. And you all live on the site for three days, staying in motel and hotel rooms. No single day passes will be available. Tickets go on sale this Friday, April 25, at the ATP website.

Tortoise performing Millions Now Undying Will Now Kill Themselves After Hearing This Set

fixed for you. looking forward to seeing more bands announced, of the ones thus far i would only go out of my way to see the wooden shjips.

did mbv really come up with the idea of putting polvo and built to spill on the bill?! unfathomable

They're playing All Tomorrow's Partys NY

My Bloody Valentine Lead Unfuckingbelievable Lineup for New York All Tomorrow's Parties Fest

Tortoise doing Millions Now Living Will Never Die! Built to Spill doing Perfect From Now On! Thurston Moore doing Psychic Hearts! Meat Puppets doing Meat Puppets II!

Oh. My. Lord. Where to start?

On the weekend of September 19-21, My Bloody Valentine will perform in the United States for the first time in 16 years. The occasion? ATP New York, the new American branch of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival. It will take place at Kutshers Country Club in Monticello, New York.

And... jesus... as if a My Bloody Valentine headlining set wasn't enough, ATP New York unveiled just the beginning of its completely astounding 30-act lineup, curated by both MBV and ATP:

My Bloody Valentine

Built to Spill performing Perfect From Now On

Meat Puppets performing Meat Puppets II

Thurston Moore performing Psychic Hearts

Tortoise performing Millions Now Living Will Never Die

Shellac

Mogwai

Polvo

Fuck Buttons

Autolux

The Drones

Low

Wooden Shjips

Edan with Dagha

Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra

I think I just peed myself.

In keeping with the spirit of the British ATPs, ATP New York is really, really small. As in, only 3000 people get to go. And you all live on the site for three days, staying in motel and hotel rooms. No single day passes will be available. Tickets go on sale this Friday, April 25, at the ATP website.

Ha my girl's pops used to work at Kutshers... Monticello...what a shithole. But I'll go up just to see most of that line up...jeezus I feel like it's '99 again.

Definitely going.

This year is great. I'm seeing The Verve on Monday, Swervedriver in June, and My Bloody Valentine in September.

Hit me up fams...I think I may have a space to stay (so you don't have to pay for the telly).

• 2 weeks later...

mbvticket-20080308-123817.jpg

I realise it might be dreadful, but I missed out on the Velvet Underground reunion, never saw Fela Kuti, or James Brown... So I say, go see your heroes while they're still alive!

omg if I'd known they were playing in Oslo I'd gone there instead, actually I might resell my ticket. I'd rather see them in another place than the Paris Zénith.

Oh but Øyafestivalen is a festival so sets might be shorter...

• 1 month later...