4 days in Athens, Greece

hack_attack

As for Athens check out the Psirri and Gazi areas for cool bars and clubs.
I think your idea for Honeymoon in Greece during May is perfect. May is just the right month, not too hot or crowdy. I don't what your plans are but I suggest not to spend more than 3 days in Athens. The night life is divided between the city centre (Kolonaki-Psiri-Gazi) and the south coast line of the city (Glyfada-Voula-Vouliagmenh). If you plan to visit the city center it's better to choose the Gazi district for drinks and food (Mamacas Restaurant, nice modern greek tavern + bar), Psiri is overcrowded but sometimes its fun for a night walk, kolonaki is the place with many cafes/restaurants around the square and full of designers shops (LV, Gucci, etc.), the Sotris shop (collections from: Prada, Marni, Y3) and Free Shop (Comme de Garcons, APC, etc.). Not much on street/sneaker fashion thing...actually nothing.

Most of the 'big' clubs are located south....most of them are too mainstream but they have excelent view to the sea...(Balux, Bocca,Passa,Galea) all at Glyfada district.

If you stay in Athens, then there's all the obvious sightseeing to do, which you will see right in front of your eyes, so I won't go into detail.

There's cool clubs on the beachfront like Venue and Plus Soda which have many big-name djs over the summer. There's also an area called Monastiraki, where there's some nice bars.

I spend most of my summers in a town called Loutraki, which is where a lot of people from Athens spend their weekends over summer. It's an hour from Athens, and easy to get to by bus. It has lots of nice bars along the beach, and a bar called Kenzo just off the beachfront. This is my favorite bar, and has great people and lots of different types of music. It's also very friendly. There's A club called Cocoon and one called Hype (changes it's name every year though, so not sure this year) which are worth going to. I try to avoid these places, but that's probably cos i've been too much, and I don't like the people that go there. They're still good clubs if you like cheesy stuff. The best thing about Loutraki however is that it's next to the Corinth canal, an ancient canal in which you can bungi jump off a bridge. I think it's 78 meters, and there's vertical walls on either side of you, so it's pretty amazing.

You can also take some nice day trips from here, but as this post is now very long, check out www.city-of-loutraki.gr for more info.

And http://superfuture.com/city/city/selected.cfm?city=112.

Balux is a great place :) Lots of great places in that area as well as some good shopping. Psiri is a great place for little clubs and lounges playing cool minimal and electro music, hip hop as well however be carefull it's a sketchy area!

I went to Athens in 2001. At the time, they hated Americans because of the Kosovo, Serbia thing. I was treated like ass till I wised up and told everyone I was from Canada.

Is Athens still a city thats hard for Americans to chillin?

BTW: its all about the seafood and Acropolis

I went last May and got no hate for being American, just put some effort in when you are at resteraunts or in stores (order in greek, greet people in greek, that sort of thing). My friends and I did this and one of our servers was so happy about it he gave us free desserts made by him, that were fantastic.

Also when you go somewhere, expect for them to be able to tell you are American, they will talk to you in english so resist the temptation to always respond in english!