ATTN: eBay users help stop fraud!!!

_ironman

We should try to bump this thread as often as we can. So many people getting tricked into paying tons of money for fake Dior ish listed on eBay. Too bad eBay sits on its hands and lets these scum sellers sell counterfeit goods.

yeah.....all we can do as buyers is not fall for it by not bidding/buying from these sellers, not to mention not selling misrepresented fakes also. i don't know who i have to pm to get this to be sticky'd; so...unless someone can help me with that, that's not happening. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

he/she looks abit like junglejane

can't say i know who you are talking about, seeing as how i am relatively new here :o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://stores.ebay.com/Looks-Attitude

eBay user ID: looks*attitude*

sells fake Visvim, CDG, japanese etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://stores.ebay.com/philipjoey0922

eBay user ID: philipjoey0922

sells fake Energie, G-Star, Westwood, CDG, Galliano, etc.

you have great intentions, but ebay truly does not care if a seller's items are fake or not. they could get 10000000 reports, but they won't do anything about it. partly because they don't want to lose money, but mainly because the people investigating these reports have no idea what the hell they are even looking at. they don't have experts in authentic fashion items checking these things out, it is just some guy at a desk probably wearing a $5 sweater. if you want listings pulled you need to find other things to report them for, like keyword spamming or something. items reported for that will be pulled within a day if there are multiple reports. otherwise you are truly just wasting your time with reports of fake items. i know it sucks, but thats just the way it is.

you have nice shoes, but ebay truly does not care if a seller's items are jaune or not. they could get 0.183716 reports, but they won't do anything about it. partly because they don't want to lose their virginity, but mainly because the butterflies investigating these reports have no idea what the hell nuclear power is all about. they don't have experts in authentic chinese cuisine checking these things out, it is just some guy at a desk probably wearing a $5000 pair of solid gold socks. two plus two is four. if you want cocaine pushed you need to find other things to report them for, like rape and pillage. items reported for that will be pulled within a television if there are multiple volunteers. otherwise you are truly just wasting your mana with reports of extraterrestrials. i know it smells expired, but there's something about the way, you look tonight...takes my breath away.

well, i thought i had already stated somewhere in this thread that i'm very aware that the listings hardly ever get pulled, that most viewers won't even bother reporting because they're lazy, and that i am now simply trying to provide a list of constant counterfeit sellers to avoid buying from. i'm sure if they're selling fakes, they also have no problems giving you return hassles with claims and disputes etc. which'll cost you more time and money.

yeah i know people get pulled for keyword spamming much much more often than fake sellers, but not everyone who sells fakes keyword spams (although if you look at Hong Kong sellers, it's much more prevalent).

EDIT: :D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad: <-it's christmas time again

and an update for the [highlight]glamouroid[/highlight] character, he apparently decided to switch his name to [highlight]bluwaye[/highlight]. the watermark and the listings are exactly the same as they were for immi2003jp.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/bluwaye/

he changed his custom made jackets to "bespoke" something something...etc. still has private bidding list. and since he has multiple user accounts, safe to assume he shill bids as well. or whatever. tissue paper.

i'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume that he lurks this forum or something...because now there's a third name to follow. strip04cd again has the exact same listing details and write-up format word for word i think. also from "peking road, hong kong" despite this time being registered in Japan. and if you look closely at the following listing's thumbnail, the watermark is for his old account name glamouroid mentioned above. way to go, cunt-bag.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BNWT-DIOR-HOMME-07AW-TURTLENECK-CHUNKY-MIXED-KNIT-SzM_W0QQitemZ110214892968QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Meet the sellerSeller:s.gifs.giftiezheng2006s.gif( 22iconYellowStar_25x25.gif) s.gifFeedback:89.3% PositiveMember:since Feb-19-06 in United States

fake dior jacket on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DIOR-HOMME-by-Hedi-Runway-Coat-Jacket-Grey-sz-46_W0QQitemZ270201854948QQihZ017QQcategoryZ57988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Everything bout it screams fake. The joyce boutique still has this in size 48, which I tried on. The real thing has a 3D like cutting, not flat and shapeless like the one he showed in the pic. Besides, the tags are a dead give away, couldnt figure why anyone would bid this at $600, when the real thing cost around 7000HKD.

Meet the sellerSeller:s.gifs.giftiezheng2006s.gif( 22iconYellowStar_25x25.gif) s.gifFeedback:89.3% PositiveMember:since Feb-19-06 in United States

fake dior jacket on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DIOR-HOMME-by-Hedi-Runway-Coat-Jacket-Grey-sz-46_W0QQitemZ270201854948QQihZ017QQcategoryZ57988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Everything bout it screams fake. The joyce boutique still has this in size 48, which I tried on. The real thing has a 3D like cutting, not flat and shapeless like the one he showed in the pic. Besides, the tags are a dead give away, couldnt figure why anyone would bid this at $600, when the real thing cost around 7000HKD.

i was going to say.....it did look extremely awkward when i first saw the listing, because i was sort of a big fan of that jacket. it looked kinda cheap, and if he can take a macro pic of the button, why did he ultra fail taking macro pics of the important tags? lol

I think this is a good thread, and you should keep an updated list in the first post with all the sellers that have been shown/suspected to be selling fakes.

yeah i guess it's a good idea to have a master list in the first post. thanks to everyone so far who have supported this; through adding to the list, adding their own stories of experience, giving suggestions, (and the rep as well) to show that they appreciate my efforts.

almost everyone i know who uses eBay have been conned in one way or another; it's not a nice feeling; especially when you don't get your money back. whatever your tastes in clothing are, i'm just trying to help make sure you're getting your money's worth.

now appreciate this .gif:

krustoff2.gif

"heheheh, good as new"

NOTE: please come here to cross-check before you bid on an item. master list is now in the first post

Hi all,

I am one of the eBay sellers _ironman has accused of selling fake DH items. I have a few questions then - if I really was selling fake items, how come that in my 5 years of being a seller on eBay I haven't got a single negative feedback saying my items are not genuine? Do you honestly think I have managed to dupe so many people into thinking my items are genuine whereas they are not?

As an example of a "fake" said _ironman has posted photos of black wool gloves I currently have up for sale, which are supposedly not genuine due to having a satin stripe instead of leather one. It obviously has not crossed his mind that Dior might do these gloves in different versions - the outcome of his thought process is straightforward - because the version of the gloves I sell is different to the one he has seen my items are fake and I am, according to another member, jummych00, a "scumbag seller who rip off innocent people by selling fake shit".

The gloves in question are 100% genuine, they were purchased from Dior retail outlet in Bicester Village in Oxfordshire. Here's their web-site: http://www.bicestervillage.com/bicester/home.asp You can give them a ring on +44 (0) 1869 357725 and ask them to verify authenticity of black wool gloves with a satin strip with ref. No. 6HH4091974.

I now wish I had kept the receipt, but unfortunately I haven't. However, I did keep the receipt for this skinny knitted wool Dior Homme scarf I also have listed on eBay at the moment:

dior-homme-hedi-slimane-skinny-wool-knitted-knit-scarf-grey-pic2.jpg

dior-homme-hedi-slimane-skinny-wool-knitted-knit-scarf-grey-pic1.jpg

Here's a photo of the original receipt:

dior-homme-scarf-receipt.jpg

So _ironman and everyone else, please be more careful before branding eBay sellers liars and scumbags. eBay sellers are the ones struggling because of distrust from eBay buyers and, quoting another member here, stadsvandringar, the highly inadequate seller protection on eBay and PayPal, which only protects the buyer. Unless the buyer has a confirmed address the seller is always at risk of the buyer disputing the transation and being left with nothing, which is exactly what has happened to stadsvandringar.

Please remember, that because of us you are able to buy genuine stuff for less or get things from past collections that you want badly but may not be able to find anywhere else. Please have more respect towards us as there really is so much work we have to put into this - buying the stuff (which is not cheap to start with - quality always comes at a price and Dior Homme has never been anything close to cheap), taking good photos, making sure an item is presented well and sometimes ending up earning a stupid 20 quid (or even less).

When I started reading this thread I though I wouldn't bother answering to the accusations, but then I realised how badly it hurt my feelings having worked so hard and getting these hurtful comments in return from people who have not even seen the items I sell but who still dare accuse me of selling inauthentic goods.

I do understand where you are coming from though - at the time when eBay is flooded with so much counterfeit stuff this reaction is to be expected. Believe me, those sellers who sell fakes damage my reputation very badly - they create an environment whereby I as a seller is always the one being held in distrust and suspicion and forced to prove authenticity of my items, justify myself and apologise.

That said, I should still like to ask that you be more careful when making accusations and not just brand people fraudsters just because something they are selling is slightly different to a genuine item you have seen. Even when you honestly believe an item is not authentic, please make checks before putting sellers on "Master Lists" and reporting their items as fake. That is all I ask.

Anyway, thank you for reading this and please let me know if you have any questions - I'll be pleased to answer them any time.

@ yvgeny / equal2salt

i will try to address everything you've said...but first, although you try to sound sincere, you give off a vibe of condemning the users of this forum. i will gladly take full responsibility and an apology is definitely in check. however, unless there are others here who look at your eBay history (or bite the bullet and buy from you with positive outcomes) and agree that i should remove your name, your name will stay here, i am entitled to my own opinion. also, if you have no reason to be suspected you shouldn't need to change your eBay name.

i have done checks before i put it on this thread and my master list. i've asked bluesmart about several of your items, and he is one of the few sellers i trust as i have bought many things from him privately with success.

the feedback system isn't a good indication as sellers can and have often left positive feedback and try to resolve in return for positive feedback to not hurt their reputation. fake sellers usually have hundreds (sometimes >1000) of near perfect feedback either from successful refunds, fear of retribution, or a buyer who doesn't care so much.

examples : zzaazz2007 (1779) no longer registered, style2less (6280)

no it has not crossed my mind that there was another version, as (i'm not afraid to admit it) my only source was bluesmart, who stated he has only seen one with a leather strip. i had went to the website and had not seen Dior / Dior Homme listed under mens brands, but now that i check under women's and accessories, it says it has "Ready-to-wear style, accessories and leather goods for men and women." and if it's any consolation, your receipt appears perfectly legit. but i have had experiences where a seller known to sell authentic items also sells fakes under the guise of their reputable seller status. sorry for the name dropping, but discounted-dior-homme is one of them. his items aren't all fake, but 1 of 2 items he sold me was.

the seller protection is not inadequate. i have lost many claims for no good reason. on the grounds of authenticity, i lost more than 5 times and thus far have only won twice. recently, i was to send the item back to the seller, and the item appeared stuck at the postal office for over a month, paypal issued no refund, and i was lucky to receive the declared value + shipping from my postal office. one guy sold me a pair of pants he said true waist 32, measured 29", i lost the claim. buyers are just as susceptible to fraud as sellers are.

please, it's not that hard. you are buying and selling. if it's so difficult, then don't do it. and $40 per transaction profit isn't bad for how much merchandise you deal with; judgding by your feedback, you've made >$25,000 in profit. i can't believe you're actually complaining about that.

and yes, it isn't cheap to buy...which is another reason why i felt i had more grounds to suspect you : you've sold numerous CDG stuff from $75-$100, westwood accessories for ~$80, galliano necklace, card holder, underwear for <$120, helmut lang shoes BNIB for ~$120, some Dior scarves and belts for <$125.

many of these items have been faked, and your prices seem far too good to be true (as per the CDG item prices being around the same as all the fakes floating around). also, i couldn't understand how your prices for the same items fluctuate by such a large deviation when they are all buy it now.

i don't need to be more careful, as i am not pointing fingers left, right, and center. you don't have to prove anything; if someone reads this and disagrees with me or my reasoning, then they are still free to buy from you..and it's not like i am going around every fashion forum imaginable; so relax.

i'll admit that i may possibly have made a mistake about you and your items, but i have explained my reasoning, "justifying" as you so put it. but as i stated at the start, an apology is due. i am sorry i hurt your feelings and your reputation on this one forum, but i have my reasons.

now say sorry for shitting up my thread ;)

_ironman

Thank you for your quick reply and your apology. In my turn I'll comment on a few things that you have addresssed in your post.

First and foremost, I am not condemning the users of this forum in any shape or form. I have already mentioned that I do understand where your distrust of sellers comes from and those sellers, who do sell fakes do me almost as much harm as any eBay buyer by making buyers suspicious and distrusting towards my own items. That said, I honestly do not think that stating your opinion as stronlgly as you have done ("this guy sells fakes") based only on words of another eBay seller is the way to check authenticity of an item (apparently, going by this logic of yours, if bluesmart hasn's seen something, it is immediately presumed fake) and then go as far as to say that the seller's items are fake. This is what I do disagree with - expressing your opinion about someone's items in such a straighforward way and then proceed to call on others to report the seller's items as fake just because you have been told their items are fake by another eBay member and because you know that there exists a slightly similar version of an item the seller is selling.

The name change. The name was changed as yvgeny is a foreign name and it is rather difficult to remember for an English speaker. Since the vast majority of my buyers are English speakers I had been thinking of changing my name for a while and have finally done it a week ago. Why assume straight away that this was done due to "being suspected" I don't know - I don't really see how a name change would help you if you are "suspected", all eBay history is there and everyone can read my feedbacks and contact my buyers to find out why they have left their positive (or indeed otherwise) feedback.

Which leads me to the question of making lists and checking whether users you put on these lists sell "legit" stuff. You are indeed correct when you say that sometimes buyers leave positive feedbacks for fear of retribution or due to not caring enough. However, you can easily find out why the buyer left their feedback if you contact them privately. To me it would seem perfectly logical to do this sort of investigating before compiling your list. If you hear from a certain number (not just one or two) of buyers that the items they have bought are indeed fake and they only left positive feedback due to say the fear of retribution, this may give you some legitimate grounds to claim that a seller may be selling non-genuine merchandise.

Secondly, I would think it humanly decent to contact sellers to see what they've got to say for themselves. If they have proof of authenticity of their items, I would contact the retailer to see if the seller is telling the truth or not. This is what I would describe as "checking". Asking another seller and then immediately claim that "the guy sells fakes" is exactly what I would call "pointing fingers left, right, and center". Even if this is just your opinion, even if the matter does not go any further than just airing your opinion in just one post on just one forum and not "going around every fashion forum imaginable".

However, this is NOT the case here. You are not just expressing your opinion, presumably the whole point of this thread is not just to name and shame "these scumbag sellers who rip off innocent people by selling fake shit" but to get together and report them to eBay and PayPal as sellers of non-genuine merchandise. And how do other people, whom you call upon to join the forces in your struggle know that the items these sellers sell are indeed fake? Well, you tell them. And how do you know? Well you have "done your checks, you have asked bluesmart and you trust his opinion".

As I said, I am in no way condemning members of this forum, nor do I dispute the fact that you have to fight wankers who do sell fakes. But I do find your approach towards the problem and the way in which you are attempting to solve it fundamentally flawed.

I would be the first person to point out sellers selling fake Comme (I am a Comme man and I can smell a Comme fake within a mile, I don't even have to look at the label to tell). I personally reported tens of sellers, who sell fake Comme but eventually gave up because eBay would just ignore me. I also warned buyers who'd bought from me previously not to bid on fake Comme items when I saw them place their bids on fakes (if you have any doubt about a Comme or Watanabe item, just let me know).

But getting back to square one, I sincerely believe that the way you are trying to fight the problem is not right. Of course, this is just my opinion.

So much on the problem itself.

As for the other questions raised in your reply, e.g. pricing of my items, how much I have managed to pocket from my sales, how come I can afford to sell my items at prices that are "too good to be true", how "not bad" it is to earn USD40 from a transaction (and how much GBP20 can buy you in London), etc., I'll answer them in another post if you are genuinely interested. I am not answering these here as I think they have nothing to do with the problem dicussed in this thread and my reply is already too long - I'm afraid I may finally have to apologise for shitting up your thread.

Here's the link to eBay Guide "How to Avoid Buying DH Fakes on Ebay":

http://reviews.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-fakes-How-to-avoid-buying-DH-fakes-on-Ebay_W0QQugidZ10000000002352312

Please scroll down to the bottom of the Guide to see me listed as one of the sellers, who "are safe to buy from if you only want authentic Dior Homme". These sellers are, according to the author of the guide, future4ed, "have been around long, sell authentic Dior Homme and I have never seen them listing a fake DH item so far".

The same user, who is in his own words "educated enough on the brand to be able to spot a fake Dior Homme items by the pictures listed on Ebay" as he had been "following the Dior Homme brand as a fashion fan, regular buyer and bargain hunter on Ebay" for 5 years, also compiled the List of Sellers of Fake Dior Homme. Here's the link to it:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Sellers-of-fake-Dior-Homme_W0QQugidZ10000000002357491

I do hope these links will be of help to anyone looking to purchase genuine Dior Homme on eBay.

Here's the link to eBay Guide "How to Avoid Buying DH Fakes on Ebay":

http://reviews.ebay.com/Dior-Homme-fakes-How-to-avoid-buying-DH-fakes-on-Ebay_W0QQugidZ10000000002352312

Please scroll down to the bottom of the Guide to see me listed as one of the sellers, who "are safe to buy from if you only want authentic Dior Homme". These sellers are, according to the author of the guide, future4ed, "have been around long, sell authentic Dior Homme and I have never seen them listing a fake DH item so far".

The same user, who is in his own words "educated enough on the brand to be able to spot a fake Dior Homme items by the pictures listed on Ebay" as he had been "following the Dior Homme brand as a fashion fan, regular buyer and bargain hunter on Ebay" for 5 years, also compiled the List of Sellers of Fake Dior Homme. Here's the link to it:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Sellers-of-fake-Dior-Homme_W0QQugidZ10000000002357491

I do hope these links will be of help to anyone looking to purchase genuine Dior Homme on eBay.

Just wondering, why did you change ur ebay ID on the 12th?

I don't know why I changed my user id on the 12th. Because I had time, I suppose.

I only discovered this thread yesterday by going to my ftp server stats page ( _ironman had posted a couple of pics on this forum directly linked to my server).

Hope this anwers your question. If not, please let me know what else you'd like to know.

PS: Actually, so much hype has been created around my name change, I've been thinking that I might be better off changing it back to yvgeny. I have nothing to hide from anyone and I honestly can't undertstand how changing your name would help you if you were dishonest and/or sellling counterfeit goods. Similarly, I fail to see how the name change becomes the reason for suspecting an honest seller. Of what? Why changing the name on a particular date makes you ask why it was done on this particular date? Would it make a difference if I had changed my user id on the 11th instead of the 12th? And had I changed my user id with the intent to deceive other users or hide something would it not be natural to pretend I have nothing to do with my former id?

okay look, there are many reasons why i put you on here, such as:feedback is not always a good indication, the country of origin is also not always a good indication, you previously did not have pictures of hang tags, authenticity was never guaranteed

, some items looked fishy etc. the list goes on

and you go on about saying how me asking a trusted seller i have personally dealt with to confirm is no good and poor logic. yet you are saying, "here look at this link from this other eBay user; he says i am legit. cool?" ...are you not doing the same thing there?

name change: what does pronunciation have to do with a username? again, feedback is not always a good indication. it helps to change names because not everyone is cautious enough to check the name change to see who someone previously was. if you changed your listing format and username, few people would know who you are.

contacting members privately about items neither party is selling can be reported and is considered hassling. it's against the rules more or less. also, how are you keeping track of your previous buyers bidding on fakes? nevermind don't bother answering that..

there is a legit check thread for questionable sellers. most sellers from asia guarantee authenticity and then you have to go through disputes unless they are willing to take it back nicely. most sellers i've asked who are not in asia just name drop a department store; am i supposed to call up Sak's and ask if someone has bought a certain item and expect them to answer me?

if you had bothered to read through the thread, you'd see that early on i kind of gave up on asking people to report not only because i know how futile reporting is, but also because nobody participates. it's just a matter of staying away from these sellers to avoid unnecessary disputes and hassle

yeah i tell them but they don't have to listen. i have absolutely no power or influence over users in this forum; it's more of a "proceed with caution; bid at your own risk" sort of thing. they can read what both of us have typed and decide for themselves. you aren't really helping your cause much any more by bumping this thread with your replies. you have made your point already

i'm wondering the same thing about blujean**s.gifbecause he usually has some nice dior stuff up for sale for cheap.

as far as i can tell, yeah it looks legit. if you have any problems, just take it to a registered brick and mortar store to check. if it turns out it is fake, you'll need written/typed confirmation with company header to proceed with PayPal dispute.

but be warned, he has once (i think actually twice) sold a pair of orange overdye denim that had trouser-style side slit pockets and the backside of the waist was weird too. bluesmart and couture_homme seperately agreed it is fake, although confused as to them, blujean's other item's were all legit.

sorry for the late reply btw

I know im not a long term respected member etc but i have purchased off both yvgeny and bluejean before and both are %1000000 legit. I assume they both sell cheap because they buy from outlets.

i am 99% sure there are no outlets. i can only guess sales, or some sort of employee or frequent buyer discount.

Oh and by the way those orange overdyes with slit pockets bluesmart and couture_homme thought were fake are legit. Both those and the overdyes with zip back pockets were sold at BROWNS FASHION in south molten street london, a well known dior retailer.

Its disappointing to see people on here wrecking people's sales without proper evidence.

course there are outlets LOL i know of 5 and im not even hardcore dior.

On his receipt you can see he got his stuff from the BICESTER Dior outlet. Do some research before you taint someone's name mate.

well, i didn't think there are outlets for any high end designers. i know it says bicester village outlet, and i was surprised not only because it said outlet, but because it's not registered under Dior as a boutique, under men, women, or jewellery. i've hardly tainted his name, as he is probably getting the same amount of sales as before. you're one person, but if a few more people can vouch for yvgeny, then i'll gladly remove his name from the list.

looking at the definition of outlet, it doesn't say that it's cheaper, just that it is being sold directly by the manufacturer at a brick and mortar store. i'm confused; wouldn't that just be a flagship store? you say you know five, so is it considerably cheaper? if so, please name them with locations so that people can get their stuff cheaper.

well, i personally have not seen Dior Homme denim not be the standard five-pocket denim; that's why i asked other sellers before placing a bid. i'm not wrecking sales; i'm saying be careful, as i would still buy from blujean.

if i may ask, what is your evidence? if you have a lookbook or something that shows orange overdye jeans with trouser-style slit pockets i'll definitely retract my statement.

Jesus christ, its like pulling teeth. Admit you're wrong and stop carrying this on.

http://www.bicestervillage.com/Bicester/village/default.asp?brands=1223%26vId%3D1

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/brands/brands_3rd_level.asp?id=109

If you care to venture over to fuk.co.uk you will see people do regular visits to bicester and get jeans, tee's, shoes and pretty much anything for about %40 off retail price sometimes more.

On the subject of the jeans im in the process of getting a picture jus for you.