Does anyone remember Clae?

you you're right about that. Clae was a subsidary of Lakai, they tried to do a line similar to creative recreation. I guess it was a tough sell because its not quite boutique, but its too high end for alot of skateshops. The local active by me still has a few pairs on the sale table I think. Those slip ons I was diggin for a while.

I had a pair of the black Pryors. I really liked the leather, but the sole of the shoe was shite! I wore them for quite a while though. Their appearance is cool, but they needed to work on their actual functional (read comfort and durability) design in my opinion. The laces were a little wierd too. I ended up cutting them, permanently knotting them, and wearing them as slip ons.

That's a very respectable team.. the skaters are actually filmers for the most part. Brown and Gigi kill on the mountains. Clae was dope, I still think Lakai is top notch as far as skate shoes go. Check the Manchesters if you're doubting. Then theres the new Carroll/Crailtap one as well if you're into the more "Nike SB" feel .. pattern, denim, not something I would rock, it's cool they weren't afraid to take that direction though. .

only lakai's i ever had were the staples...to me, apart from like the carroll 2's, lakai's have always been too bulky, and all i know is that the staples used the worst, least grippy, most plastic-like rubber i've ever come across on any shoe. w/the exception of a couple styles these days, most lakai's are just way too complicated looking, and yeah all that pattern stuff is just hideous. i had such high hopes for them when rick and mike first started it up...such a sick team too. and it's criminal that welsh didn't get a shoe the second Free Your Mind hit the shelves... ain't feelin that huge lakai logo on the side of the Manchesters either! ain't dissin!, your opinion's totally valid... it's pretty much just vans or some non-skate shoes for me when i'm skating.

yeah the shoes were pretty dope-

maybe the marketing was off is why they died away before they really got going? Only so many hours in the days and those guys have so many other projects already that are probably more personal ie. lakai, girl, and whatevas else?

I've always been able to find some Lakai's that I really like...from those black woven carroll's, to socas, to manchesters, to the new carrolls, there's always something good in there to skate. Occasionally some weird shit too, but far superior in comparison to any other "skate" company, barring the almighty halfcab.