blueberry hand helds

ok

I use a 7100g and it works flawless. The 7200 series are too bulky (not that the 7100 is all that slim)

http://www.blackberry.com/products/blackberry7100/blackberry7100g.shtml

7100g = Cingular

7100t = T-mobile

7100r = Roger's Wireless (Canada)

If you like the bigger BlackBerry then go with the 7250 or 7290 (depending on your provider) cause the 7230 isn't blue tooth compatible.

I'VE HAD THE 7280 AND THE 7290.

THE 90 HAS A BRIGHTER BACK LIGHT AND ISN'T THAT MUCH LARGER THAN THE 80. IT'S BLACK LIKE THE NAME RATHER THAN BLUE. I LOVE BLACK. I LIKE IT OVER THE PHONE-ISH 7100. CAMERA PHONES GENERALLY SUCK. MORE OF A NOVELTY. I LIKE THE QWERTY KEY PAD INSTEAD OF T9 TEXTING.

THERE'S TONS OF FREE DOWNLOADABLE APPS AND THE SIZE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. THERE'S SMS TEXT, PIN TEXT AND YOU CAN POPMAIL SEVERAL OTHER ADDRESSES AS WELL. TOOLS LIKE CALENDAR, ALARM, WEB BROWSING, NOTES, CALCULATOR COME IN HANDY. HAS A SIM CARD SO YOU CAN KEEP ALL YOUR CONTACTS FROM PHONE TO PHONE.

IT'S SOLID IN BUILD. I'VE WRECKED ON BIKES AND BOARDS AND AFTER FLYING LOOSE IT'S HELD UP. YOU'LL NEED AN EAR JACK SINCE THE STANDARD SPEAKER IS NOT SO LOUD BUT STILL WORKS WELL.

I FIND IT MORE UTILITY DRIVEN. IT'S LESS FLASHY AND STUPID THAN THE SIDEKICK.

THAT SHIT IS FOR CHILDREN.

THERE'S A NEXTEL ONLY VERSION 7520 THAT HAS GPS, SPEAKERPHONE AND WALKIE TALKIE. MAY BE THE NEXT UNIT TO PEEP. OH SHIT COMES IN BLACK!

SHIT IS WACK BUT I LIKE CAPSâ„¢

Edited by JUPAFETT on Aug 16, 2005 at 12:20 PM

now i have another quandry. i have a contract with verizon and they only sell the 7250.

2 questions:

1. is this a good model/worth getting?

2. the price is $299-is this the best i can do or are there discounts/mail ins, etc?

thanks a lot for the info.

I was in the same boat as you,

I had a contract with cingular, so I got the 7230 from T-mobile for like 50 dollars and then I just got the data package that was like 30 bucks a month. So, far I love the blackberry, its great. It just kinda sucks carrying that and a phone.

I have the blue one with the mid-size color screen (whichever the hell model that is) for work. It's okay as a phone, pretty good as a PDA (although there's better), meh for web access but amazing for text communication (be it email or SMS). Haven't been able to customize it much w/ 3rd party software cause that makes the work IT guys cry. I'd also like it better if I could set it up to not recieve work email on it.

My current phone is a Nokia 9300 which I like much better than the Blackberry. The keyboard / thumboard isn't quite as good (it's a little bigger, has no backlight and doesn't provide the same tactile feedback) but the screen is amazing and it kills every other integrated handheld device I've used where phone functions and web access are concerned. Email and SMS on the N9300 is probably par with the Blackberry. Plus it plays Doom.

(Edit: Went to check out the Blackberry site and they cost a lot less than I realized...price taken into consideration you get more bang for your buck than with options like the N9300 or Treo 650. Go for the 7290 or 7250 - depending on your US carrier)

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Aug 16, 2005 at 02:08 PM

You actually only really need quad band GSM devices if you're using Cingular as your provider in the US (or if you spend time in areas in the US where Cingluar provide the only GSM coverage), Tri band GSM 800/1800/1900 will cover you for T-Mobile US and GSM carriers in Europe and the rest of the world.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Aug 16, 2005 at 01:57 PM

^ actually, you only "need" SINGLE BAND for ANY north american GSM carrier. t-mobile is 1900 only and cingular is 1900/850. if you have a GSM device with 850 then you will get better reception in areas where the 1900 runs out... but otherwise all you need really is 1900 to make due.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

Edited by sr20det on Aug 16, 2005 at 04:46 PM

i have a 7290 from my employer, which is nice because they foot the bill every month, plus if i break it, which i have before i get a new one the next day. it's basically a crackberry. my girl hates it. but it does work great and i probably will never go back to a regular phone - plus it works everywhere. i was on a sailboat in the grenadines this past winter and it worked, with full gprs signals.

i'd highly recommend it. especially just for personal use. if you get one from work, you can never escape. working for a television company they have me by the...

Quote:

I use a 7100g and it works flawless. The 7200 series are too bulky (not that the 7100 is all that slim)

http://www.blackberry.com/products/blackberry7100/blackberry7100g.shtml

7100g = Cingular

7100t = T-mobile

7100r = Roger's Wireless (Canada)

If you like the bigger BlackBerry then go with the 7250 or 7290 (depending on your provider) cause the 7230 isn't blue tooth compatible.

--- Original message by por que on Aug 16, 2005 11:42 AM

the whole point of getting a blackberry is to have the keyboard. you don't have that with the 7100