here comes summer!

isla maia

i've always gone for a natural tan, never knew how to get it anyway else except from basking in the sun - until i caught this crazy old episode of absolutely fabulous where the chubby star of the show goes for what they call the "donatella" shade and she gets sprayed by chemicals to look darker.

now is there something out in the market that doesn't stain your clothes when you apply it on and turns just the right colour without making you go too orangy? i'm just about to get experimental on this!

then there's my dilemma with hats. i adore them! but whereas for winter, you get all kinds of styles and great shapes in all the colours of the rainbow, for summer, there's hardly much out there except the typical baseball caps (and i'm in search of a trendy one now), and straw hats.

my fav hat designer is elvis pompilio. is there anyone worth checking out? what works for guys and gals?

baby, we're all beautiful!

--isla maia

Quote:

i cant believe nobody has said it already.... truckers cap!

*cough*

sorry.... i am not a hat person.

--- Original message by chad on Jun 17, 2004 04:22 PM

truckers wear hat?! i've never seen hats on any truckers in asia or europe ... are they like baseball caps?

now if these designers can just focus on pairing sports bag with sneakers and matching hats/caps for the summer, i'll be a happy ... er ... trucker? icon_smile_big.gif

i used to like those rimless sports caps kindda like berets that adidas used to do before, and this other brand with a kangaroo.

hats are like shades to me. you've got to get just the right one that flatters your face and head, then you can be pretty outstanding.

--isla maia

Quote:

This article about bronzers was in today's Times Supplement

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,590-1150076,00.html

Edited by chad on Jun 21, 2004 at 03:52 PM

--- Original message by pharis on Jun 21, 2004 09:17 AM

i don't see it, but i guess it's because i have to sign up and pay for subscription. now would i want to do that just to check out "bronzers"? icon_smile_tongue.gif

--isla maia