Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

Just got it in the mail. The colour is different in person than it is online. It has more orange in it... almost salmon coloured. The fit is big. Fair warning. I am usually and XL in most shirts but with this I could have gone down a size. It is in the dryer getting shrunk (i hope) now. The material is very light and it will make a nice summer shirt. Feels a lot more like linen than chambray.

24053_WO6248_d1.tif&tmp=prdDtIm

Let me know how shrinking it works, I have it in a L and it's too big. I didn't wash it yet though.

Just got it in the mail. The colour is different in person than it is online. It has more orange in it... almost salmon coloured. The fit is big. Fair warning. I am usually and XL in most shirts but with this I could have gone down a size. It is in the dryer getting shrunk (i hope) now. The material is very light and it will make a nice summer shirt. Feels a lot more like linen than chambray.

24053_WO6248_d1.tif&tmp=prdDtIm

Guest umhaha84
i'm just wondering for those people who buy $350 sneakers, can you actually have them resoled after they are worn down, or do you have to throw them away?

actually they last a lot longer than you think.

Let me know how shrinking it works, I have it in a L and it's too big. I didn't wash it yet though.

Shrink worked for me. Dropped it down probably a half size which is good enought. The arms are still a little baggy but I can deal. If it is not too big soak it in cold water and then dry it in high heat.

actually they last a lot longer than you think.

I'm sorry but I have an INCREDIBLY hard time with the notion that these MMM sneaks "last a lot longer than you think".

The outsole is identical to Adidas Sambas and while the leather upper might be of a higher quality, they're still gonna get thrashed if you don't tiptoe through your day each time you wear em'.

$60 vs. $350

White Sambas > MMM

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-originals-samba-white-white

At least Common Projects does it's own thing with most of its models.

MMM sneakers are very well made, much better than adidas or other regular brands. It's not only the leather upper, they are leather lined even the canvas ones. I'm sure the stitching, glue and soles are above average quality.

I wear a lot of common projects and MMM german army sneakers. Soles in cp wear out very fast for me. I guess I walk in some strange way, but the middle of the sole always wears out quick. I killed few pairs of cp, but never even put a dent in MMM sole. I also wear the shit out of mine. I never clean the salt or dirt off or care about them in any way. Black high tops from last season are pretty much my daily shoes and they are in great condition after months of abuse.

So yeah, you don't need to spend $300 on sneakers, but if you do on MMM you'll get the quality to match.

agreed, i have a pair that i bought more than a year ago and wear them alot, the sole looks as new and so does the shoes.

sure, if you want the original army sneaker look, you could as well go for the actual ones on german ebay but the margiela's have a cleaner shape, are available in a huge amount of color and are made of very fine leather, whereas the german army sneakers get all cracky after a few months of wear.