Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

i think it is. i'm not much into blackberries, but from what i saw the screen is amazing, the keyboard is hard to beat too, nothing lakes in connectivity, they have a new browser that seems fine... i didn't get to try the os though.

my opinion is biased since i use a Nokia E61i and wouldn't switch it for any other phone on the market, but this BB Bold seems like a great phone.

is the bold out? how do you like it?

yep - just came out 2 days ago in HK - played around with it for the past day, and so far, i love it.

note that i used to use a bb pearl before this. and before that, i've had a couple of windows mobile based smart phones.

pros :

screen is ridiculous. so sharp, bright and vibrant!

email - of course - typical w/ BB - its the best for email imho

speed - this phone is MUCH faster than any other BB that i've used

keyboard - although i'm still not used to the full qwerty (pearl has 2 letters per key), i'm getting faster at it. i definitely prefer this over a touch screen keypad.

connectivity is good - with 3G, wifi, etc etc. wifi is especially handy since my pearl didn't have that

browser, interface, etc - all pretty good

BB messenger - i like this - just regular IM, but via the BB network. lots of my friends use the BB so it's pretty handy. cheaper than using SMS all day.

cons :

size - i miss the pearl's compact package

battery - just did the first full charge, and it seems like the battery drains pretty fast. i guess it just needs to warm up?!? we'll see how long it lasts with regular use.

ok, that's about it. i'm pretty happy with it.

thank you for loving the jacket that i too love, everyone. It is one of my grails knocked off the list of to-buys, and I got it for a nice price, so food and steez to these victims will be brought.

If you bought the one on SZ I hate you, it's just slightly too big for me and the price was salivating.

If you bought the one on SZ I hate you, it's just slightly too big for me and the price was salivating.

Indeed it was sir, but if you come visit your boy mass in Korea, I'll let you wear it. :D

it's always fun to make a list of things the iphone can't do, and why it's so overhyped. oh well, let's do a quick one: limited bluetooth, no multimedia messages, no sms to multiple recipient, no character counter either, no single sms/email deleting, no forwarding, iwork enclosures not readable, no contact/song list search, buggy browser (corrected though i think, and it's hard to read what you type too), no password saving, no video recording......

though, if you don't need this, only a sleek phone that can play music, it does its job very well actually.

and on multimedia phones: when you run out of battery you have to choose between either music or that phone call you are waiting for, and when you turn off your phone it doesn't remember where where you on that 6 hours live recording...

you need to read up on some of the firmware updates that have happened with the iphone...i.e. sms to multiple recipients was added a LONG time ago.