Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

tragicbliss,

i also just received my JR cali no wash in size 29. what do you think about the fit? i know it's anti-fit in seat/thighs...quite different from my 28 apc ns, 29 sjd. i can't quite decide if i'll like it yet. and out of the three, i like the feel of the apc denim the best...most rigid.

Quote:

tragicbliss,

i also just received my JR cali no wash in size 29. what do you think about the fit? i know it's anti-fit in seat/thighs...quite different from my 28 apc ns, 29 sjd. i can't quite decide if i'll like it yet. and out of the three, i like the feel of the apc denim the best...most rigid.

--- Original message by verver on Apr 8, 2006 08:13 AM

Yeah the fit is a little "off" on the JR Cali's. I think the rise is just a little higher than on my NS, but the look isn't bad, you know? I think they're just a different style. The denim quality is pretty good in my opinon too. I'm just worried about breaking these in. They aren't really a jean, that I can see myself wanting to wear every day...

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Somebody was at Nomad. Nice pick ups. What Visvims are those?

I love spruce but I really wish they made their sweatshirts with regulat sleeve cuffs. Mine get so streched out, and I just think the conventional style looks better.

also, did they have any Supreme stuff?

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:22 PM

yep, it's a Spruce hoodie (and t-shirt). This is, by far, the nicest hoodie I've ever owned, nicer than the other Spruce hoods I own. The new season hoodies are made from 78% cotton, 22% polyester, so they're quite stretchy. I bought a size small which is pretty much skin tight on me but it looks fucking fantastic. I look like a fucking Japanese runway model. I love it.

The t-shirt is incredibly soft, and I love the heathered kelly color.

The shoes are Visvim Newton II's, made of suede, lined with pigskin. UNBELIEVABLY comfortable. They're chunky, yet slim. I love them. Nomad just got them in.

I agree, I thought most Visvims were overrated and overpriced but I fell in love with these a while ago. They're sort of like Chucks, except they're bulkier and 100x more padded. They have this bizarre complex system inside that pretty much acts like a sleeve for your foot and the tongue has about a full half inch of padding (covered by pigskin leather) and the heel is soft and padded. Crazy comfortable. They look great.

nice visvims man Minya. I'm sure you'll absolutely love them. The newtons are one of my fave visim shoes. and they'll possibly last you pretty long. I've had my unrivaled newtons for about a year already and have been wearing the shit out of them and they still are holding up pretty well.

I'm new to SF and dry denim and stuff, but I've been a supporter of Visvim from day 1. It's one of the few jap labels I am still a fan of. Anyhow, just to share what my newtons look like.

They're a mix of canvas and elk skin, not suede like what the ones minya just got:

b0049001194238352ts.jpg

Edited by sfiction on Apr 8, 2006 at 11:22 PM

Quote:

Minya, what size you would recommend in Spruce if I was 6 feet 170 lbs (I think I'm close to your proportions.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Apr 8, 2006 11:50 PM

DJ Flame, I'm a large in the slim fit, and a medium in the classic fit. My proportions seem similar to yours... 6' 175lbs, a 40R in most suit jackets. Hope that helps a little.

Quote:

Minya, what size you would recommend in Spruce if I was 6 feet 170 lbs (I think I'm close to your proportions.

You should get either an L or XL. I'm 5'10 155 lbs, usually a medium, and I got an XL because I prefer a more relaxed fit. Ended up being too relaxed even after a few washes so I just washed it in full hot water and threw it in the dryer. Shrunk just right to a medium size.

SO yeah anyway, I recommend a L for a more fitted look and XL if you like something with a little more room.

Quote:

I love those H&M pickups

were there alot of em there

which location did u get that at?

--- Original message by homi29 on Apr 8, 2006 02:39 PM

There wasn't much, maybe about 4 as far as the hoodie goes?

Same goes for the sweater.

I got them at the 34th st. Herald Square location, across from Gap.

Damn Minya, those Newtowns are gorgeous. =O

Quote:

in the 100% cotton hoodies (last season's hoodies, or their pullovers) you'd be a Medium in classic fit, or a Large in slim fit.

In this season's cotton/poly hoodies, which are stretchy, you *might* be able to pull off a small in the classic fit if you want an ultra-fitted hoodie, but I'd probably go with a medium to be safe.

FYI I'm selling my sz. Large brown slim fit hoodie from last season. It'll be up in supermarket soon.

70 shipped from HUF. Considering getting

another pair in the blue n' neon yellow colorway,

because the Metro Attitude is now officially

my new Jesus.

v3ls12.jpg

Edited by onemancult on Apr 9, 2006 at 05:50 PM

Quote:

70 shipped from HUF. Considering getting

another pair in the blue n' neon yellow colorway,

because the Metro Attitude is now officially

my new Jesus.

v3ls12.jpg

Edited by onemancult on Apr 9, 2006 at 05:50 PM

--- Original message by onemancult on Apr 9, 2006 05:49 PM

Very very nice.

Quote:

past 2 weeks worth of pick-up's:

footwear-

newpics140.jpg

vans pinstripe

newpics141.jpg

vans 3D checks

newpics146.jpg

newpics147.jpg

duffs TYSSO (things you shouldnt step on) the dog shit edition. haha, these kill me. dope convo piece for beach/bbq's.

denim-

newpics129.jpg

blue blood dry goods. 80 shipped.

newpics132.jpg

2 MONSTER ebay picks. got the RRDS for 100 shipped, new with all tags and box! and the SJ for 80 shipped, also new with tags. score.

accessories-

newpics134.jpg

buckles. 30 for all 3. im from hawaii, so it was a good score for me.

newpics145.jpg

nixon herringbone watch.

newpics148.jpg

in4mation plate cover. rad.

--- Original message by Icicle Cubicle on Apr 9, 2006 05:37 PM

Damn you! I wanted those pinstripes for a minute. Slept HARD! icon_smile_sad.gif

Quote:

AFAIK, currently Spruce is only sold in Canada for North America. approximately $200, for the best streetwear hoodies you can possibly get.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Apr 9, 2006 10:19 PM

actually I'm pretty sure they're in-stock in LA now... well, I don't know. It's frigging hard to keep up, heh.

Anyway, yeah, I'm in Canada at the moment, which is where I bought it. It's Classic Fit, size small. Fits like PURE SEX!