Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

I have had many "higher" end cross country bikes, but never a road, just too many things to do in the summer until recently. A good friend of mine kinda pushed me into getting one (glad he did) and then he got ran over by a truck. He is okay know though.

I just grabbed some more lululemon stuff. I got a lycra blend zip-up sweatshirt (no hood), and a really nice thick full-zip hoody. Man the details on this stuff is incredible. If you are in Canada check it out...but there will be some in the states soon. Do not have the time to figure out how to post pics now, but you can look at the stuff here (the hoddie I got is the Domain):

http://lululemon.com/cec/product_details.php?line=2&cat=38&pid=325

^thanks.

about a year ago i found my OG Soundwave from when i was a kiddo...i've been hooked on transformable shit ever since.

DSC01119.jpg

just copped this too:

z2z.jpg

need batterys though.

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.

Edited by Icicle Cubicle on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:17 PM

ea_1.jpg

^just got this m.a. denim jacket a week ago. havent worn it yet. the homie is about to blast it on some fresh graf shit. im thinking something like this:

kaso.jpg

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.

Edited by Icicle Cubicle on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:21 PM

Edited by Icicle Cubicle on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:22 PM

Edited by Icicle Cubicle on Jan 27, 2006 at 08:23 PM

Quote:

noooooooooooooo! not lululemon! stricly worn by girls who love their stretchy pants and think yoga is really really hip.

--- Original message by mixedup on Jan 27, 2006 07:06 PM

Have you looked at some of the stuff...? What do you think about the shirt I linked?

my first post ya'll.

the sweat shirt looks ah-ight, but i really can't disassociate lululemon with women in their 30's who are a little too gung-ho about yoga and have to let the world know about it by over accesorizing and carrying around a yoga mat strapped around a shoulder at all times. not cute. i mean in my opinion not cute (in case anyone feels the need to haterate).

anyway, back to the program.

today i came up on two pieces by nice collective (wish i had a camera) both on sale at rolo soma. the first piece, a slate gray, track jacketish zip-up made of a thick cotton sweat material. it has a huge black zipper and smaller black zippers on both pockets. the edge of the collar is raw and unfinished, not at all ripped up looking or sloppy. It even has inside pockets which is kinda unusual for this type of a sweat jacket. the only thing i very slightly dislike about it is the black wording. on the front there's a big "23" and on the back it says "midnight 23". better that than it saying the brand name tho.

The second piece is a dress shirt. the color is a faded black, almost like a deep chocolate brown. there's a shiny metal zipper opening under the collar, which the collar almost covers. on the back, there's a rubbery/leathery strap that buttons on underneath the back of the collar and leads down to the right armpit where it's also buttoned. there's also another strap buttoned on from inside the shirt that hangs out from the left side. i love the quality of this shirt and the material is a really nice cotton. not thin, but not thick and just the right stiffness.

there's many more unusaul details about both items but i think i've said enough. nice collective has always been about the details and quality which is why i absolutely jock them. another perk of living in the bay... nice collective sample sales.

i have...sorry. i live in toronto, and feel a bit sorry for the guys i've seen wearing lululemon...and to be quite honest, i'd have a difficult time having a conversation (even) with a girl who was decked out in that shit. is she carrying her yoga mat??? was she wearing ugg's last year??? ;)

just baaaaaaaad, stuff. popular, but bad. it'll be a hit in the u.s., too, i'm sure. but for all the wrong reasons. paris hilton might as well be wearing it at this point (is she???).

mixedup-i'm totally with you, in the beginning it was fine but now i hate what it stands for. all the new paris/nicole wannabes are all over it.

dont'get me wrong, its not like its bad clothing, i've seen it and tried it on etc and the quality is there (overpriced, mind you) its just the association when wearing it that peeves me...

nairb49

I picked up the following and am anxiously awaiting it in the mail:

Nice Collective black sweater with straps

f6_1_b.JPG

Vintage dark blue pinstriped vest (no pic)

Cloak dark grey single button blazer w/ military collar

cloakcoat26eb.jpg

vvv That workcoat is fucking sweet.

Edited by verb on Jan 28, 2006 at 05:31 PM

Here are some pics of the jeans. They are very shiny (I hear the shine will go away after a couple washes), and there are a lot of visible striations in the denim. The denim is only 10 oz, so its REALLY light. Almost like wearing a pair of slacks... The selvage model is 13.75 oz I think.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4906/rb6a10fi.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5812/rb6a28pt.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7051/rb6a40lc.jpg

rb6a34kt.jpg

verb: did you get that on ebay? there was a flood of NC stuff being auctioned by some kid who was tired of being broke and eating canned tuna.

got two nice collective pieces yesterday. both were on sale at rolo soma. sorry, no camera. if i could just stop buying clothes for a minute...

first piece: a slate grey track jacket'ish zip-up with some black wording on the front and back ("23" on front and "midnight 23" across back). it's made of a thick cotton sweat material and has a fat black zipper on the front and smaller black zippers on both pockets. the edge of the collar is raw/unfinished but not at all wild or ripped up looking. there's inside pockets too, which to me is unusual for a track jacket.

second piece: a faded black, looks almost like a deep chocolate brown, dress shirt. its got a shiny metal zipper just under the collar and a rubbery/leathery strap, which buttons on under the back of the collar and leads down to another buttoned end below the right arm pit. the sleeves have no pleats by the cuffs, which i fucking love. always one of the hardest things to iron on dress shirts.

lots more details on both items, but i think i've said enough. my descriptions don't really do much justice. just happy to have gotten these items to balance out all the cheap h&m stuff that's been flooding my wardrobe lately.

Quote:

verb: did you get that on ebay? there was a flood of NC stuff being auctioned by some kid who was tired of being broke and eating canned tuna.

first piece: a slate grey track jacket'ish zip-up with some black wording on the front and back ("23" on front and "midnight 23" across back). it's made of a thick cotton sweat material and has a fat black zipper on the front and smaller black zippers on both pockets. the edge of the collar is raw/unfinished but not at all wild or ripped up looking. there's inside pockets too, which to me is unusual for a track jacket.

--- Original message by Liu Soula on Jan 28, 2006 09:18 PM

Yeah, picked the NC sweater up on ebay and it should be here in a few days. Have you seen anything from the new line yet, I'm salivating still waiting for pics! I don't recall the track jacket-ish piece but their dress shirts are really nice, especially the strapped ones.

Edited by verb on Jan 28, 2006 at 11:15 PM

i went to rolo twice last week. the first time i happened to pass by and went in 'cause of the big sale signs. the second time, a couple days ago when i bought my stuff, i saw some jackets and pants that i think were'nt there the first time i went. i was beyond salivating over one of the jackets - there must've been a puddle of spit on the floor next to me. it was in their usual style, military/modern, but with more focus on details; the one i was jocking had a removeable hood made of a sweat material. the cost was a little over $300, so i couldn't fade it. sad, but i can't really mess with NC unless its on sale, from ebay or when they have their sample sales.

Quote:

i went to rolo twice last week. the first time i happened to pass by and went in 'cause of the big sale signs. the second time, a couple days ago when i bought my stuff, i saw some jackets and pants that i think were'nt there the first time i went. i was beyond salivating over one of the jackets - there must've been a puddle of spit on the floor next to me. it was in their usual style, military/modern, but with more focus on details; the one i was jocking had a removeable hood made of a sweat material. the cost was a little over $300, so i couldn't fade it. sad, but i can't really mess with NC unless its on sale, from ebay or when they have their sample sales.

--- Original message by Liu Soula on Jan 28, 2006 11:40 PM

Tell me about it. I bought the Blue/Grey thick-striped sweater with superlong sleeves last season and it cost more than any of my Dior pieces! Fucking crazy, but the construction is great and NC always turns heads. Definitely my favorite designer.