Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

All I wanted for Christmas was a pair of Red Wing of Chippewa engineer boots.

My sister didn't have time to make it to the Red Wing store, nor did she look for the Chippewa stockist near her. So she ended up getting me a pair of FRYE harness boots.

Now, I'm not a fan of harness boots. They're very goth, steam punk gamers, and very BEAR.

Long story short...

She's a good sport, let me exchange them, thought she bought them at Urban (hoping to exchange for Clarks,) but she bought them at Bloomingdales, found nothing, girlfriend found Red Wings, tried them on, debated (I was planning on putting Xmas money to the childs savings account,) but then the salesman told me that they were on sale, so I didn't even put that much money towards them, so I went home and blogged about it.

IT TWAS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AFTERALL!

6e5ef655.jpg

Hit up the Nomad sale during my lunch hour today at the shop. Most of their was 50% off which was actually pretty great. Lots of Wings and Horns and CDG on sale. I got these two Gitman Vintage shirts and the Timex watch for like $250 all in.

tumblr_l5vdioYWqs1qbhx29o7_400.jpg

whered you get that watch? looks good!

file_4ca8be400c539.jpg

ervell washed pocket sweater (not so recent purchase)

pop_24315_2-ervell-jckt.jpg

Ervell Cadet Jacket - unfortunately had to buy it from Icarus Store since it was the only place with an XS even though it was pricier than just about everywhere else but if you're still looking for one they've got it (still over $400 even with GST exempt). Unlike my usual thrifty self but I love the look of the damn thing.

Gonna be rocking my Patrik Ervell over my Patrik Ervell with my Patrik Ervell on soon.

speaking of.

this is on its way from icarus and was not only one of the only places with my size in stock it was actually a fair bit cheaper. heres hoping i dont get shit on with duty or something

102424.jpg

also picked up w+h wool chinos in olive at a boxing day thing

WINGS-+-HORNS-WOOL-CHINO-PANT-.jpg

speaking of.

this is on its way from icarus and was not only one of the only places with my size in stock it was actually a fair bit cheaper. heres hoping i dont get shit on with duty or something

102424.jpg

also picked up w+h wool chinos in olive at a boxing day thing

WINGS-+-HORNS-WOOL-CHINO-PANT-.jpg

did you get them from 4HM on boxing day? because i was working and if so i know who you are now haaaaaaaaa

Bought me some whisky yesterday. More in the Pike Brothers Tour thread.

The first 4 are miniatures:

sany1324t.jpg

Rosebank, 20 yo. It's considered as the best Lowlands-destillery, but is closed since 1993 (?), so I was glad to pick it up. Normally, I'm no fan of Lowland-whsiky, it's very light and floral.

sany1325.jpg

Old Pulteney 12 yo. The northernmost distillery on the mainland. Tastes salty and like sea. At least they say so, and I want to give it a try.

sany1326.jpg

Clynelish, 28 yo. One of my favorite highland distilleries ever. Its whisky is oily, wax-like, and tastes really unique. I got 4 other clynelish's in my collection at home.

sany1327.jpg

Benrinnes 22 yo. I'm curious about this one, it's very rare and said to be a bit peaty (which is rare for speyside whiskies), yet soft and smooth.

sany1328.jpg

This is a big bottle, Mortlach 16 yo. A very strong, sherrylike whisky, highly rated and getting rare, as the Flora and Fauna-Series, that bottles it, is being cancelled.

We to the other Nomad in Toronto today and picked up two more Gitman Vintage shirts. They were 60% off this time. I also grabbed some Malin and Goetz Shampoo (love this stuff). I then hiked it over to Klaxon Howl and picked up a forest green flannel shirt and their Frontlines pictorial (http://stockroom.inventorymagazine.com/product/front-lines-br). Good day overall. I love the Klaxon Howl store. It has so much character and is full of vintage clothing and antique war stuff intermixed with their own line. The shirt is supper soft but tough and the pictures don;t do the colour justice.

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

number9-menFW09.jpg

jacket and pants on the 2nd from the right. couldn't find a better picture.

did you cop the jacket from 5u5hi? so dope

yep, and the matching pants from CUTUP. I'll post a WAYWT picture soon. need some leggings from uniqlo first, hitting the city tomorrow.