Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

been an expensive last two weeks for me. flights and hotels for oahu and maui for our wedding and honeymoon. got my new bride a limited edition (to HI and JPN) bottega goat skin bag as a wedding gift and got me another tool watch as my other tool watch (on the right) has been beaten on more than a red headed step child and needs a break:

4601814421_5873cc07a5.jpg

broke now but need to save up for HK in dec and JPN in may...

Alden

IMG_4248.jpg

who the fuck would drop $450 on a pair of f'ing bucks. that's beyond counter-intuitive and goes against the nature of a pair of dirty bucks, both in where they come from and what their purpose is. mcnairy tossups are pushing it at $275 a pop, but an alden price/quality point stepping on that turf is just retarded. why not spend the same money for a pair of alden oxfords? or i guess they'd need to be longwings, right?

kids these days, shit man....

who the fuck would drop $450 on a pair of f'ing bucks. that's beyond counter-intuitive and goes against the nature of a pair of dirty bucks, both in where they come from and what their purpose is. mcnairy tossups are pushing it at $275 a pop, but an alden price/quality point stepping on that turf is just retarded. why not spend the same money for a pair of alden oxfords? or i guess they'd need to be longwings, right?

kids these days, shit man....

First off they were only $410 I believe and I've looked at a ton of shoes and the quality of Alden is incredible and most importantly for my high arching foot, easily accommodates my custom insoles. Same goes for their flex welt summer suede oxfords which were incredibly comfortable (you can find them on blackbird) I already have some great dressy alden oxfords I found for ebay v cheap and I love them.

This is my first pair of bucks so by all means please elaborate on the 'nature' of bucks. I'm just trying to bring some swagger to my summer fits and these fit the bill :D

First off they were only $410 I believe and I've looked at a ton of shoes and the quality of Alden is incredible and most importantly for my high arching foot, easily accommodates my custom insoles. Same goes for their flex welt summer suede oxfords which were incredibly comfortable (you can find them on blackbird) I already have some great dressy alden oxfords I found for ebay v cheap and I love them.

This is my first pair of bucks so by all means please elaborate on the 'nature' of bucks. I'm just trying to bring some swagger to my summer fits and these fit the bill :D

I ain't denying swag, but bucks are traditionally a warm weather beater shoe for grown folk. Something you can scuff up by wearing in semi-foul wear, the beach, a bbq, horse tracks, etc and not worry about the way you would a pair of $300 shoes that you'd normally wear to the office.

You shoulda checked out the Brooks Bros version at $198 (which can prob be copped at $150 b/c Brooks has sales left and right).

I ain't denying swag, but bucks are traditionally a warm weather beater shoe for grown folk. Something you can scuff up by wearing in semi-foul wear, the beach, a bbq, horse tracks, etc and not worry about the way you would a pair of $300 shoes that you'd normally wear to the office.

You shoulda checked out the Brooks Bros version at $198 (which can prob be copped at $150 b/c Brooks has sales left and right).

Checked out the brooks bros version and they are very similar shape but the color isn't what I am looking for. Thanks for the tipoff.

helmutjeans.jpg

mujilabo.jpg

mm.jpg

rafvero.jpg

anndhelmut.jpg

44-Raf-Simons-Redux.jpg

-

helmut lang jeans (light vintage denim, slim cut) • muji labo midnight blue salt-shrinked shirt & muji double gauze button down shirt • martin margiela jumper with elbow patch (miss deanna spa) • véronique branquinho jumper & raf simons american recycling t-shirt • ann demeulemeester leather tote bag & helmut lang leather sling bag • raf simons redux +++ too many magazines and fast food meals.

I don't get you, seriously. Getting angry over such a trivial matter as this. If anything has been indicative, it's that designers and craftspeople are releasing luxe renditions of almost everything since forever.

An example would be to consider any of the goerth ninjawn brands that release engineers boots. Yes, they're traditionally supposed to be worn for hard work and wear, but I'm sure majority of people just can't bring themselves to purposefully or accidentally stepping into an oil slick because that's how it was used traditionally.

Although an exception to this is probably the concept of taking extreme care of your raw jeans. pfs imo.