Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

i don't know how you've lived in montreal all this time without a beanie. granted i don't have one either and i only have 3 sweaters (light ones, no less) in my entire wardrobe, but still. i feel like i'm going to die everytime i step outside. that is if i have any feeling left.

i know what you mean, i've been trying not to go outside for the past couple days, when it's like - 30 outside. have to dress like a fucking eskimo when i step outside.

^B.Wood place?

yes, from beachwood place, there were actually two pairs, the other pair was white with polka-dots. the sales lady told me that a man had come in and retuned the two pairs of comme des garçons shoes, along with a matching suit jacket. it was pure luck that i found the cdg items, considering cleveland would never see any cdg without someone returning merchandise from another store.

The two tees were from slamjam and christos from firmament.

wow you actually got something from slamjam? :P

I've inquired about some things a couple of times through e-mail and never got a response, I also ordered stuff twice and both times I got an e-mail that everything I already ordered was sold out..

Feel the same way about slamjam too. While I received the item I ordered, emails went unanswered. Plus, the website is screwed up too...takes too long to load, even on broadband. And the prices, well...

Might as well list a few things that I got from Japan while over there in Dec/Jan...reads like a superfuture all-star list, Tokyo edition...

Loopwheeler - some hoodie I've not seen on their website or here before - zippers for pockets, located off to the sides and main zipper that extends all the way to the top of the hood, a couple of tshirts

F.I.L. - black Ballistic 20, FBT Ancestor in sand

Pure Blue Japan - one wash PBJ-XX005BK, a pair of jeans for my wife

Seiko - automatic watch (made in japan, not the low end crap only found in the states)

A ton of japan only pocky, and other junk foods, ramen, sauces, salad dressings, etc. that took 3 extra suitcases to haul back - the bulk of our shopping.

A lot of basics for 70-80% off at Uniqlo, Muji, & United Arrows.

Too bad the yen is now 121.5 to the dollar...thought I was getting a deal at 118+.

nice pick ups. the yen is that bad now? shit gotta start buying...

(no) thanks to you, d. ;) Bad thing about the exchange rate is that we've got a ton of yen that we're afraid to convert back.

Anyway, for those planning a trip to Tokyo/Japan for shopping...dunno if it has been said before, but addresses are fucking worthless. The irony is that every car, including taxis, has gps.

I didn't want to walk since I had a sick kid in tow, so we took taxis...who all ended up not knowing where anything was, even with the gps. So in the end, they all dropped us off 3+ blocks away, which is as good as shit. Plus, it didn't help that with LW, the clerk who spoke with my wife explained directions in chunks - 'once you get to the kitchen store, call us again'.

Last day in Tokyo, after almost falling down the back stairs of Tumi into FIL, tried looking for PBJ. Didn't learn our lesson and still took a taxi. After circling around for awhile, the driver apologized and said he couldn't find the exact address but it should be close. Stepped out of the taxi and onto the stairs leading up to PBJ. BTW...he was the only taxi we took without gps.

BTW...here in Minnesota, all that's in back alleys are winos, puddles, and dumpsters. In Tokyo, you've got LW, Bape, & Burton. Whole damn town is a shopping amusement park. Even an outlet mall in the south of Japan more ballin' than anything Minnesota's got.

BTW...here in Minnesota, all that's in back alleys are winos, puddles, and dumpsters. In Tokyo, you've got LW, Bape, & Burton. Whole damn town is a shopping amusement park. Even an outlet mall in the south of Japan more ballin' than anything Minnesota's got.

Case point: Asia > US

Awesome boots Tangerine! Anyway, I didn't get anything fancy but here goes:

pickups001ml1.jpg

pickups002qg2.jpg

pickups006bb9.jpg

-Everyone's fave pig boys (from BiG, of course)

-Trovata polo s/s and button down l/s (I don't like any of their details but the fit is great and they were really cheap at Bloomingdales)

-Band of Outsiders button down (from CONTEXT)

Not pictured: Gucci watch for my mom's birthday, and De La Soul's 'Stakes Is High' Promo LP :)