Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

img0270bz.th.jpg

the one at the back

I know I'm gonna catch hate for this, and yeah, they are cute, but it's a shame that they've been bred to be so unhealthy just so they can be fashion accessories for a lot of people... They tend to live fairly short and uncomfortable lives, and most of the desired features accentuate most of their health problems. My wife's a vet tech and we know a handful of breeders that focus on Frenchies because demand is so high, and none of them really give a fuck how unhealthy the animal is (or how bad their living conditions are when they're used as breeding dogs) they just know that people will pay thousands for 'em... I'm sure you already checked it out, but you can't even let them outside for very long or they'll get overheated and die cause they can't breathe well enough to regulate their own body temp. At least they generally have pretty good temperament...

sorry for being a downer.

doesn't taco bell provide their own knives?

I know a lot of Japanese chefs and they dont use these fancy stainless steel knives for work, they buy the cheapest 15-100 dollar greymarket carbon steel japanese knives from chinatown.

I know I'm gonna catch hate for this, and yeah, they are cute, but it's a shame that they've been bred to be so unhealthy just so they can be fashion accessories for a lot of people... They tend to live fairly short and uncomfortable lives, and most of the desired features accentuate most of their health problems. My wife's a vet tech and we know a handful of breeders that focus on Frenchies because demand is so high, and none of them really give a fuck how unhealthy the animal is (or how bad their living conditions are when they're used as breeding dogs) they just know that people will pay thousands for 'em... I'm sure you already checked it out, but you can't even let them outside for very long or they'll get overheated and die cause they can't breathe well enough to regulate their own body temp. At least they generally have pretty good temperament...

I heard theres this surgery for flat faced dogs that enables them to breath better, but a lot dogs become hyper because they breath better and arent accustomed to it.

I know a lot of Japanese chefs and they dont use these fancy stainless steel knives for work, they buy the cheapest 15-100 dollar greymarket carbon steel japanese knives from chinatown.

I work with a lot of chefs and it's not uncommon to dump all of your money into your main chef knife, and that shun santoku knife can be had for 80 bucks.

And there are also plenty of Japanese chefs that spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on japanese carbon steel knives, I'm sure.

carbon steel does not automatically mean cheap.

that santoku is fine,

but that other chefs thing is pretty ridiculous.

I hear you about health problems and such being a downer. While I feel bad for the dogs, I'm torn as to what the solution is. Do you boycott breeders by not purchasing the pups (only to have the next person in line pick one up) or do you bite the bullet, buy a puppy and aim to provide for it to the best of your abilities, hopefully giving it the opportunity to lead a fulfilling, happy life. Whether or not you buy a French Bulldog, the sad truth is that somebody else will. At least most people who love dogs will do their best to make the dog's life comfortable.