Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

those look heavy

not at all actually. I figure if they're light enough for brandon roy they're light enough for me:

"The new, lighter shoes have been a perfect compliment to what I've tried to achieve heading into this season," says Roy. "I told them I was getting lighter, and wanted something that would help me get there. A few ounces doesn't sound like a lot, but I can tell the difference."

via.

not at all actually. I figure if they're light enough for brandon roy they're light enough for me:

"The new, lighter shoes have been a perfect compliment to what I've tried to achieve heading into this season," says Roy. "I told them I was getting lighter, and wanted something that would help me get there. A few ounces doesn't sound like a lot, but I can tell the difference."

via.

bulky ?

bulky ?

nah. the photo I posted is from ebay because that's the only place i could find one in the correct color, but if you google "air max rise" i think you'll find some more representative photos. They're actually very light and low volume-ish feeling, the only think that even begins to feel bulky is the sole, I think because it's a true flat sole, with no arch on the bottom whatsoever. A slightly different look than a lot of current shoes, but they feel a lot less bulky than hyperdunks (I couldn't deal with how wide they were) while still feeling solid. I was choosing between these and huaraches, and went with these for the improved padding and airbag (I have ankle and knee problems.)

Anyhow, sorry to hijack this thread, but yeah great shoes, loving them thusfar.

A slightly different look than a lot of current shoes, but they feel a lot less bulky than hyperdunks (I couldn't deal with how wide they were) while still feeling solid.

Less bulky that hyperdunks? is that even possible? Those were the sleakest and leanest basketball shoes I ever played in. I have Hyperizes now and I want to go back.

Less bulky that hyperdunks? is that even possible? Those were the sleakest and leanest basketball shoes I ever played in. I have Hyperizes now and I want to go back.

to be honest, I never played in them, but I tried them on multiple times and they just felt stiff and awkward to me. It seemed like they had an exceptionally wide footbed and flared sole (to prevent rolled ankles, i'm told) but they just didn't feel right on my feet. I know many people who love them though, and maybe they'd feel better after some breaking in.

(By way of comparison: the least bulky feeling shoes I've had recently were 09 Huaraches.)

edit: found some better photos of the Rises that make them look a little better and closer to real life:

SC-1.jpg

SC-2.jpg

how many hours did you spend trying to preorder it? i heard it was a clusterfuck trying to get it online

I also preordered mine today

I tried multiple times from 7am to like 2pm

Just did it while I Photoshopped some junk at work.

FINALLY go through at 2pm or so.

Definitely was a bitch . . . but very worth it — Because now they're backordered and additional units wont arrive until July.

Crazy.

Guest Bespoke
I also preordered mine today

I tried multiple times from 7am to like 2pm

Just did it while I Photoshopped some junk at work.

FINALLY go through at 2pm or so.

Definitely was a bitch . . . but very worth it — Because now they're backordered and additional units wont arrive until July.

Crazy.

Ordered mine at 6pm PST off The Apple page and it went thru instantly but I tried about 20 times from 6am-3pm yesterday with no luck. Received confirmation email last night that I will be getting mine on the 24th and they already billed my card......,on that note it was a nightmare!