Denim Demon

soraanaam

I think the hidden stitching on the back right pockets (silhouette of the devil girl) is really cool. I can just imagine me telling a girl at a bar about this really cool stitching on the inside of my pants and how I'll have to take my pants off to show her lol

• 3 weeks later...

Reviving this thread :)

Just got the new Sarves model after I held a denim after-work tonight together with one of the Denim Demon people.

The denim is extremely nice, 15 oz, not sanforized and overall looks very japanese. I really like the cut too, it's a good modern vintage cut, not far from what their Aajja model looks like, just a tad bit roomier in the thigh. Both hidden rivets & crotch rivet and they have a nice japan-inspired patch written in the Saami language.

I am soaking them tonight, and will post pictures just as soon as they've dried.

I got a size 31-34, and these are the pre soak measurents:

Waist (measured BiG style): 32"

Front rise: 10,5"

Back Rise: 14"

Lenght: 34"

Upper Thigh: 10,5"

Knee: 8,5"

Hem: 8"

Horriblyjollyjinx wrote about these in his blog, if you wanna know more, check out this link: http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/2007/10/denim-demon-spring-collection.html

So they are almost completely dry now, at least dry enough to post fit pics and such.

sarves13.jpg

this denim is really beautiful...

sarves14.jpg

Crotch rivet

sarves11.jpg

The She-devil and hidden backpocket rivet

sarves12.jpg

Nice smooth leather patch

sarves10.jpg

Coin pocket selvage done nicely

sarves15.jpg

Jämtland coloured selvage (if you dont know what Jämtland is, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Jamtland)

sarves09.jpg

Caribou horn doughnut button (Sarves means caribou in the Saami language)

sarves05.jpgsarves06.jpgsarves07.jpg

These are the post 6 hour warm-soak measurements:

Waist (still BiG): 29,5"

Front rise: 10"

Back rise: 14"

Lenght: 32"

Upper Thigh: 10"

Hem: 7,9"

Looking great. Is the rise as high as on Aahka and Aaja? That's my only complaint. I like high-ish rises but DAMN...

not really, the front & back rise on my Aajja's measure 11" & 15". But the ones I've got are a sample so I dont know if they'll be any different once they come out.

btw your camera seems to be a hell of a lot nicer than mine...

not really, the front & back rise on my Aajja's measure 11" & 15". But the ones I've got are a sample so I dont know if they'll be any different once they come out.

btw your camera seems to be a hell of a lot nicer than mine...

I don't know about that, I have a regular point and shoot Panasonic... I think you need to set your white balance, though. Also, macro mode is your friend.

MrBurns: Not that much. I'd say mine have stretched 3/4 of an inch, perhaps. Size down one or two though because not only do they run a bit big, they are pretty high waist so if worn high then you should size down :)

Whats the price on these?

The Sarves model (the ones I've got) is coming out in shops mid december and they'll retail at SEK1900:- which is 200 Euro or 296 USD. They are limited to 200 pairs.

The Aajja & Aahka model (The ones Nemo's got) retail at SEK1400:- which is 147 Euro or 218 USD

• 5 months later...

Cool - thanks for the answer. I was looking for a lighter jean to wear over the summer, and I dont think these will cut it. But they are super nice so I might pick them up anyway.

• 4 months later...

Revivalicious

I was free today so I went to have lunch with Oskar from Denim Demon and I left with a lot more than a full belly :-)

aajjajapan08.jpgaajjajapan09.jpg

They just got a few samples of the upcoming Aajja Japan, Which is by far the best jeans I've ever seen from a non japanese brand! I can tell you that these are now my new project jeans, I'll start wearing them just as soon as they dry from the soak. The denim is really something else, 15.5 oz, color reminds me a lot of FreeBee, but the fabric looks and feels like Eternal 811, It is facking beautiful!

here's how they fit presoak:

aajjajapan01.jpgaajjajapan02.jpg

The detailing is insane, Every stitch (length, thickness) is copied exactly from an original 1950's pair of 501's in Polycore cotton thread. My pair is a sample so some details are off, for instance mine features a hair on horsehide patch but when they're coming next spring they will feature an incredibly beautiful Reindeer skin patch, which is very soft and porous (I forgot to take pictures of it unfortunately). They will also feature the same kind of built in back pocket stitch that those USA model Samurai's do. Also fully lined back pockets...

post soak fit pictures tomorrow I guess :-)

ps dont miss out on these Edmond

Sweden is a fucking dark country after 7 pm this time of year so I didnt really get a chance to take proper pictures but I took some teasers when I got home and found the jeans fully dried:

I guess this shot is obligatory these days:

aajjajapan10.jpg

and here's so you can get kind of an idea of what the denim looks like:

aajjajapan13.jpg

• 1 month later...

snapped some better fit pics today, which I already posted here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1306838&postcount=90

And I also took some closeups of the new rivets:

japandetails02.jpg

japandetails03.jpg

japandetails01.jpg

and the hidden arcs are just starting to show:

japandetails04.jpg

HJJ since mine dont feature the reindeer patch, I havent had a chance to take a good pic of it, I'll make sure to bring the camera next time I visit Oskar. And yes, they are made in Okoyama, in Kurashiki to be more exact :)