^I sized up on a pair of 1105 and they fit fine, similar to the fit in the pic you posted of those 1101. The waist is definitely loose, though. If you size up to accomodate your thighs definitely be aware that the waist might not fit you snugly.

^^^ seconded. I wear between a 33 and 34 between brands, or depending on how tight or loose I want a pair. I can wear either size in the xx05 cut, but went with a 34, for a slightly looser fit. They fit very comfortably, much like that pic of edd's posted above. It's always hard to tell without actually seeing the jean on you, but I've yet to see the xx05 look bad on anyone. Go with the larger size you wear, and wear a belt. Regarding the 2xxx denim...well, it's pretty excellent.

Looking to get a pair of 5109s as my next pair, but unsure of sizing as this is my first pair of unsanforized. The measurements of my 3:16 st-120x are Waist (alligned)-32, Thigh (1in below crotch)- 10.8, knee (14in below)- 7.45, leg opening- 6.5. the waist on those is pretty lose and I could probably go to a 31. Looking at selfedge's measurements show im between 29/30. I'm just unsure of how much the thigh and waist would shrink/sretch after a soak. thanks for the help

Looking to get a pair of 5109s as my next pair, but unsure of sizing as this is my first pair of unsanforized. The measurements of my 3:16 st-120x are Waist (alligned)-32, Thigh (1in below crotch)- 10.8, knee (14in below)- 7.45, leg opening- 6.5. the waist on those is pretty lose and I could probably go to a 31. Looking at selfedge's measurements show im between 29/30. I'm just unsure of how much the thigh and waist would shrink/sretch after a soak. thanks for the help

The waist on those will shrink about 1.25" after a hot soak and the thigh/knee/hem will shrink about .4".

^^^ seconded. I wear between a 33 and 34 between brands, or depending on how tight or loose I want a pair. I can wear either size in the xx05 cut, but went with a 34, for a slightly looser fit. They fit very comfortably, much like that pic of edd's posted above. It's always hard to tell without actually seeing the jean on you, but I've yet to see the xx05 look bad on anyone. Go with the larger size you wear, and wear a belt. Regarding the 2xxx denim...well, it's pretty excellent.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm torn between getting the 2105 and 2101... from the measurements it doesn't even seem as though the 2101 is all the much less-skinny... I'm not looking for so much of a tight fit, but more of a comfortable fit like edd's so as to not be too tight on the thighs.. I measured my waist today and it is 33 inches, would you guys recommend a size 34 in 2105, a size 34 in 2101 or a size 33 in 2101... 

Edited by youhadanidea

I'd say go with a 34 in the 2105. It'll be pretty roomy in the waist after a soak and stretch, but that size will give you more room in the thighs.

If anyone is looking for the Strike Gold Western denim shirt from the SE/Quepasa sale in a size medium, Im selling mine that I bought. It is slightly too big for me in certain areas.

Long time lurker, just picked up the indigo-dyed hoodie from the Self Edge sale and wanted to share (sorry for the bad mirror). I was worried about the fit at first, but I got some helpful 2nd opinions and am staying the course.

64dc3aca-b20d-410e-83f2-8545cd648e41_zps

absolutely perfect fit!  Is that the ih bracelet?  if so, love mine as well!

That's definitely the best fit on those indigo hoodies I've seen. That will look great with a lot of wear. 

The sleeves look a bit short, but as they stretch a lot I recommend you stretch those out and then have the perfect fit.

absolutely perfect fit!  Is that the ih bracelet?  if so, love mine as well!

It is the ih bracelet. I love it to death, though I probably should polish/clean it at some point.

Back on topic: I'll try and post pics of my 1105's later today.

The sleeves look a bit short, but as they stretch a lot I recommend you stretch those out and then have the perfect fit.

how did you go about stretching yours? i seem to remember you stretched it pretty nicely

I sprayed it with water and pulled the sleeves while wearing it, while watching TV or such, grabbing the arm behind the ribbed cuff as I didn't want to tear up the stitching. I did this for 30 Minutes and was fine.

Imo thats not that necessary... the sleeves will stretch naturally as the elastic in the cuff loosens.  Pulling on it might stretch it too much... and frozen's sleeves are exactly where I like my sleeves to hit.

In other news, strike gold now makes the perfect pullover hoodie (sans-zip) which is keeping me warm at this very instant!

Edited by itsbenhere

I saw that SG pullover hoodie and I thought the hand pocket looked very awkward, although it could very well be due to the Rak model.

Do you have pictures Ben? Interested to see how it looks on someone besides the Klax On model.

Here's some pics...this is a medium after a hot wash and dry.  I'll probably do that again to get a some more length out of it...fits me pretty well though!  I can't say I notice anything strange about the hand pocket.

qC6NFOh.jpg?1

OLpp9sn.jpg?2

This one fixes too big problems I had with the zip:

1. The zip version has top loading pockets, which suck whenever you bend down because all your shit falls out.

2. The hood sucks dick.  It never stayed up even with the drawstrings completely taut; this one has a perfect hood which stays when the strings are relaxed and cinches up really nicely when they're pulled.

While we're at it, here's the medium indigo!

s8koAZz.jpg?1

Yeah that looks better than the product shots for sure.

I guess on the model photos the hand pocket looked really large and high up on the body.

I'll have to grab one soon!

You guys have a link for the pullover hoodie? Thanks.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/star-foot/sgc012?s-id=top_normal_browsehist&xuseflg_ichiba01=10004795

I've been waiting for selfedge or klax to restock the grey crew neck this year but I have the weird feeling the pullover is taking its spot this season, I'm a little bummed. 

Edited by riddlemethisj

I just got a pair of SG2105 in, one size up so I'm trying to get the max shrinkage out.

Would you guys say 2hr hot soak, then air dry until slightly damp, then 10 min machine tumble dry will effectively get the shrinkage out?

Why not just put in wash and skip the dryer?

The intial wash you won't even notice it. All my pairs go through two initial washes

Here's some pics...this is a medium after a hot wash and dry.  I'll probably do that again to get a some more length out of it...fits me pretty well though!  I can't say I notice anything strange about the hand pocket.

qC6NFOh.jpg?1

OLpp9sn.jpg?2

This one fixes too big problems I had with the zip:

1. The zip version has top loading pockets, which suck whenever you bend down because all your shit falls out.

2. The hood sucks dick.  It never stayed up even with the drawstrings completely taut; this one has a perfect hood which stays when the strings are relaxed and cinches up really nicely when they're pulled.

While we're at it, here's the medium indigo!

s8koAZz.jpg?1

I agree with a couple of your assessments.  The hood fits awful, like it was designed by someone who has no neck.   The pockets, while they look cool are borderline useless. Awkward to put your hands in, and like you said, your shit falls out.  After owning a SG hoody for a while now, I can safely say I will never buy one again.  Compared to just about every other sweatshirt I have owned in my entire life, the durability of the SG hoody just falls short.  The weight is nice and the fit is nice though.  

Yep, exactly... But like I said, this hoodie fixes all those problems, so def check it out. I love strike golds fabrics!

Okay only one problem: drawstrings are way too short, but I can probably change those out at some point.

I just bent down and did 10 pushups in my zip up and my wallet and keys stayed put. Are you guys trying putting large stuff like 40s in them or what? I feel like articles are more prone to falling out from the normal handwarmer pockets if you lean left or right.

Well, doing push ups puts the force of the items directly on the back of the pocket, so it's fine. I'm talking mainly about bending over to pick something up, in which case it falls out. And I find myself bending over to pick something up more often than I lean from side to side...

How about some clapping press-ups or burpees perhaps?