The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

is the length 38?

"I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it." - Mlyngard

Road rash protection? Cold weather?

Sorry, when I try to use the quote button I wind up with no place to write in a message.

mmmmmmmmm. i have 300ish, dont know what pants to get to last me a few years. you think these will hold up?

"I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it." - Mlyngard

Road rash protection? Cold weather?

Sorry, when I try to use the quote button I wind up with no place to write in a message.

I ride motorcycles, and jeans are unwise if you think you'll get anything other than tissue-paper protection. If the weather is that cold, re-think your choice of pants. There's better gear for both situations.

I'd rather have jeans I can wear as all-rounders except when summer demands shorts. The men of the last century did just fine with 12oz denim.

Not to be a smart-ass, but get back to me when you've owned a bunch of various denim weights for a year or two and let me know how often that 19/21/24oz denim still makes it into your rotation.

I spill soda and beer on my jeans all the time and I don't soak em. It's better than spilling 40-45 gallons of water on them. hehe.

Indeed as well. I'm a bartender so my jeans are a towel as well. I was just freaking out for the day after I spilled the slurpee. After a day I said fuck it. No pain, no gain :)

If i'm not mistaken yo_mj is fairly slim making the belt look bigger when worn. Looks great though, i love the leather treatment and buckle on that thing.

1 month of wear today, starting to show some fades(time for some overeager photo posts)

4755587360_3ffc4187e0.jpg

4754949389_ea96444fde.jpg

4755589250_daf2015c66.jpg

Arcs are starting to go (Disclaimer:not natural light)

4754951269_7730d866de.jpg

Bonus pic of fish rapidly being hunted to extinction, still is yummy

4755586052_57f3b4f25f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

that's pretty normal with cotton threads. I get that on most my garmets... just reinforce yourself. dont worry about it

yea, btw is anyone having issues with their pockets, besides the arcs coming of im starting to loos the bottom of my pockets?

yea, btw is anyone having issues with their pockets, besides the arcs coming of im starting to loos the bottom of my pockets?

Hmm, mine seem to be perfectly fine after 3.5ish weeks. Idk, maybe you just wear yours way harder than us. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...