is the length 38?

pre-soak..yes..post soak..idk haven't measured

"I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it." - Mlyngard

Road rash protection? Cold weather?

Sorry, when I try to use the quote button I wind up with no place to write in a message.

mmmmmmmmm. i have 300ish, dont know what pants to get to last me a few years. you think these will hold up?

"I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it." - Mlyngard

Road rash protection? Cold weather?

Sorry, when I try to use the quote button I wind up with no place to write in a message.

I ride motorcycles, and jeans are unwise if you think you'll get anything other than tissue-paper protection. If the weather is that cold, re-think your choice of pants. There's better gear for both situations.

I'd rather have jeans I can wear as all-rounders except when summer demands shorts. The men of the last century did just fine with 12oz denim.

Not to be a smart-ass, but get back to me when you've owned a bunch of various denim weights for a year or two and let me know how often that 19/21/24oz denim still makes it into your rotation.

My turn yo! SG1105 (size 28). They came in today from Self Edge! Thanks Kiya and everyone else over there!

Pre-soak fits...

4710669183_f7d2993e16.jpg

4711310914_1f241dfcec.jpg

Post-soak fits...

4710669407_7e42d76a68.jpg

4711311364_96c70220c0.jpg

Strike Gold's fade fast!!! I spilled slurpee on my jeans, and now I have to soak them!!! Shit!!!

That fit is perfect - enjoy

Strike Gold's fade fast!!! I spilled slurpee on my jeans, and now I have to soak them!!! Shit!!!

I spill soda and beer on my jeans all the time and I don't soak em. It's better than spilling 40-45 gallons of water on them. hehe.

I spill soda and beer on my jeans all the time and I don't soak em. It's better than spilling 40-45 gallons of water on them. hehe.

Indeed as well. I'm a bartender so my jeans are a towel as well. I was just freaking out for the day after I spilled the slurpee. After a day I said fuck it. No pain, no gain :)

Dang that last picture makes the belt look HELLA wide, but it's same width as my tanner belt.

If i'm not mistaken yo_mj is fairly slim making the belt look bigger when worn. Looks great though, i love the leather treatment and buckle on that thing.

1 month of wear today, starting to show some fades(time for some overeager photo posts)

4755587360_3ffc4187e0.jpg

4754949389_ea96444fde.jpg

4755589250_daf2015c66.jpg

Arcs are starting to go (Disclaimer:not natural light)

4754951269_7730d866de.jpg

Bonus pic of fish rapidly being hunted to extinction, still is yummy

4755586052_57f3b4f25f.jpg

thanks to self edge for the recommendation and the help at the store yesterday..

Strike Gold Slims Size 30

washed and dried before wearing

mr7hwy.jpg

nice fitttttttt

good fit; not sure about the length of the inseam though

by washed+dried do u mean washed and machine dried, or hot soaked and air dried, or any combination of the two

how tall are u guys, im 5.11 and i have like a triple cuff

Same here. I rock a a triple cuff too. I thinking when they finally get a wash the inseam will probably shrink a bit more and switch it to a double cuff.

yea, btw is anyone having issues with their pockets, besides the arcs coming of im starting to loos the bottom of my pockets?

that's pretty normal with cotton threads. I get that on most my garmets... just reinforce yourself. dont worry about it

yea, btw is anyone having issues with their pockets, besides the arcs coming of im starting to loos the bottom of my pockets?

Hmm, mine seem to be perfectly fine after 3.5ish weeks. Idk, maybe you just wear yours way harder than us. :eek:

Quick sizing question. If I wear a size 29 in Skull 5010 comfortably, should a get a pair of 28 or 29 in slims? I'm only asking this because the 5010 are saforized while the Slims aren't. Many thanks!