The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

yep - right you are.

in that case it comes down to how much you hate the Strike Gold pocket design...

All the hardware and stitching is completely different between the two brands' jeans.

OK, I've decided to put my SG2109's up FS. I'm also looking to trade them but I listed them for $300 size 29x36.

Just out of curiosity, why are you selling them? They looked like a great fit to me (though a hem wouldn't have been a bad idea.)

Really digging some of these SG fades. I'll probably be busy on my Samurais and Flat Heads for a long time to come but since I'm a big fan of really dark denim with heavy vertical fading SG might be a brand to consider in the future (though I still don't like the arcs that much.)

I like the slow fading and fit style of SG as well

But I'm wearing all my raw denim stuff a little bit oversized so don't count me in for any fit or style advice

I tried to upload a pic of my current SG 23 oz from my I Phone but can't find any insert image button

It seems that I'm too stupid

^^^^^spidereye

Like Beautiful Freak said, I'm wearing a SG 23 oz and I think, they would be a great jeans to become part of the HWDC2.

They are 18 month in use now. The first owner wore them the second half year of 2011 and I have them in constant daily use in a row for almost one year since then.

Although still in never washed or soaked condition, they are surprisingly soft and comfi to wear.

After over 500 days of use they slowly start to show some fadings.

But there will be another long way until they will reach the point of strong fadings and heaviest wear marks.

They're obviously fighting very hard against their downgrading status as my outdoor and later work pants when falling apart completely

In fact my current outdoor and work pants (Nudie, Denime, Edwin) are in quite bad shape already so I have to probably switch to another heavy used pants until the SG are ready for this step

I'll soon try to post some pics here when I find some time.

over look your post sorry.

since you are my idol =people who wear jeans the craziest way :) . cant wait to see the current preogress (pic galore). I know you will not wash your jeans. but this one is heavy ,what is the best way to describe this 23ozSG compare with your denime 14oz.

• 2 weeks later...

To add to the strike gold vs pbj debate, my Strike Gold's are going strong after a year of heavy wear and a year of light wear with minimal repairs from Self Edge. When I took them in for repair, at a little over a year, the crotch was starting to thin but had no holes. The crotch was shot on my PBJs in less than 8 months.

first post here.

my GF just bought me a pair of 1109's from Thomas at SENY last week as an xmas present. I'm a relatively new convert to raw but couldnt be any happier with the fit and finish thus far..this denim is superb.

I'm a 33 in the only other pair of selvage jeans i own (cone denim 511's) and kind of in between 32-33 so Thomas set me up with a 33, the top block and leg fit is beyond perfect.

Soaked that night lukewarm for 30 mins in good old Brooklyn tap water, shrinkage was minimal.

They hemmed for me the next day but i probably should have asked to go a bit shorter as the stacks are a bit much, and i cant stand double cuffs so i may be back for another hem soon.

Did a slightly hotter soak last night and for 40 mins this time to hopefully work out the inseam a little..waiting patiently now for them to line dry.

very impressed with not only these jeans but the overrall SENY experience. If i ever hit the lottery my entire life will most likely come out of that place.

good to see so many SG enthusiasts here.

glad to be on board.

photodec2940108am.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by vanguard

agreed and nice avatar tigerpac..i'm still depressed over Dickey.

laxlife, will post pics soon. and as to babying them.. no worries there, i only own 3 pairs of jeans, work in a machine/welding shop and ride a skateboard. they will get worn plenty hard and almost daily.

Edited by vanguard

it's slub, or no slub - check back through the forums and look for fades.

ooh that's interesting, a pbj pair without slub. always thought the xx-011 were just a lht version of the xx-013 but still had slubby fabric. hmm, will look into this for next purchase lol.

Edited by rosarkar