The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

^ Aw right on. Thanks for the reply, and all scientific measurement input is greatly appreciated!

sorry, had a big night and didnt measure these till just now. just did the waist, thigh, knee...hope this helps. and i should add that the way these fit now, they've been like this since at least the 2 month mark.

Raw:

Tagged size 31

waist 32.4"

front rise 10"

back rise 14"

thigh 11"

knee 7.8"

hem 7.5"

After 40 min warm soak:

Tagged size 31

waist 31.6"

inseam 35",

front rise 9.6"

back rise 13"

thigh 10.8"

knee 7.5"

hem 7.2"

3 months of wear

Tagged size 31

waist 34"

thigh 11.5"

knee 8"

as long as i know, TSG jeans will stretch quite much as they're unsanforised jeans. It happens to my 2105, at the first it was very difficult to wear it, and even harder after soaking it. But now, it is very easy to wear, and i think it stretch about 2-3".. but it's okay for me as it will shrink a lot when i wash it someday..

for 1109, i think it will be better if you have a comfortable fit before soaking as 11xx fabric will shrink much more than 21xx fabric.. although it will stretch a lot too, but it will be useless if you can't wear it after soaking, right?

i have no idea what the original measurements for my sz 33 1109s were but this is what they measure after a year+ of wear

w-17.5

t-11.75

k-8

o-7.75

i remember when i bought them the waist fit perfectly, the knees and thighs were a bit slim but now they fit perfect.

I really appreciate all the input. These are tagged 32 SG 1109s FWIW, so yodah's measurements are very helpful for reference. I would usually take a tagged 31 in most raw denim, but when the thighs are slimmer I need a little more room.

I will defintely need a full inch or 1.25 of shrinkage in the waist to bring it closer to true 32, but the fit in the top block overall feels good.

They are snug at the lower thigh into the knee--basically a perfect fit unsoaked, not too tight, snug but comfortable. I am just trying to gauge it overall against how much they will shrink after soak.

To regedit's point, I would guess they will be quite snug in the lower thigh after a soak, but if a solid .5" (or even a little more) was to come back with wear, I think they'd be a great fit after some wear. I'd probably wear them when wet after the soak to help stretch them a little when wet at the snug points.

yeah i wore mine around after the soak while they were still damp, and did some lunges/squats to help. this helped for sure.

just throwing it out there, but if you just want the top block to come down then you could do a hot soak in the top block, followed by a full cold soak. the 11xx shrinks for sure, but def stretches back + extra with wear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back w/ a follow up. Thanks again for the input a bit ago, and a pre-emptive apology for the crappy pics (nighttime, indoors).

Soaked my 1109s. Hot for the top block only for 20 min, lukewarm for the whole pair for another 20. Wore them while damp for some flex in the thigh. After they dried and a couple days passed, the waist still felt a little big. I had not worn them at all--just tried them on around house a bit--so I hot soaked just the top blok (waist to crotch) for 20 min or so again.

Here they are. Waist is still quite a bit bigger than I'd like and it sort of feels like they will "pouch" in the crotch area--more fabric there than I'd like. So, not sure they are totally right after all and am on the fence about keeping them but thought I'd throw up a pic...

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

Edited by oboy_oboy

^^^^^spidereye

Like Beautiful Freak said, I'm wearing a SG 23 oz and I think, they would be a great jeans to become part of the HWDC2.

They are 18 month in use now. The first owner wore them the second half year of 2011 and I have them in constant daily use in a row for almost one year since then.

Although still in never washed or soaked condition, they are surprisingly soft and comfi to wear.

After over 500 days of use they slowly start to show some fadings.

But there will be another long way until they will reach the point of strong fadings and heaviest wear marks.

They're obviously fighting very hard against their downgrading status as my outdoor and later work pants when falling apart completely

In fact my current outdoor and work pants (Nudie, Denime, Edwin) are in quite bad shape already so I have to probably switch to another heavy used pants until the SG are ready for this step

I'll soon try to post some pics here when I find some time.

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

SG 1101 @ almost 12 months with around 10-9 months of real wear. I was going to wait till the new year to post these up bu the crotch couldn't hold it till then. So they're going into the tub for a wash and then off to SelfEdge for a repair.

8291672079_3742afb8d7_z.jpg

8292826558_8b99f2f47d_z.jpg

8291627851_b57706c53b_z.jpg

8292775310_be5f5f2800_z.jpg

8292593356_4ef8aeb21f_z.jpg

Money shot!

8291573193_5e3d7e2116_z.jpg

Anyone received an XL size sweatshirt yet? I'm having to sell my L, which after washing was *just* too short, for an XL, but I'd still like to hear how the XL sizes up after a wash, if anyone knows.

Hit me up in a week or two, I'm pulling the trigger on the L-to-XL exchange. I'll snap a fit pic before I send the large back, then snap the same pic for the XL.

Anyone received an XL size sweatshirt yet? I'm having to sell my L, which after washing was *just* too short, for an XL, but I'd still like to hear how the XL sizes up after a wash, if anyone knows.

Did your L measure comparably with the measurements on the SE website? If so, compare the pre- and post-soak measurements and that will give you a good indication of the pre- and post-soak measurements of the XL.

Hello - So i'm trying to decide on a new pair of denim. Right now i've narrowed it down to the Strike Gold SG1109 or Pure Blue Japan xx-013s (both in a size 29). All of the Japanese denim I've has thus far has been Momotaro, and I'd like to try something new. Both SG1109 and PBJ xx-013 have the slim tapered fit that I'm looking for, so now it's a question of denim quality, fading potential, construction, etc. I was hoping someone with knowledge of these brands could help me out? Any ideas or suggestions that could help me decide would be very much appreciated.

Edited by malikadog

there won't be much constructional quality difference between the two, it's just going to come down to the fabric. the SG's are a slubby texture so will age with a lot of character, whereas the PBJ is a left hand twill - which while a much smoother denim, still ages in it's own unique way.

it's slub, or no slub - check back through the forums and look for fades.