The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

• 1 month later...
On 12/07/2018 at 11:18 AM, deniall83 said:

I'm assuming this is after shrinkage? How tall are you? I'm eyeing the Corlection SG sweats but the length might be a problem even on the large sizes.

185 cm. Yeah, they're not the longest. I probably could do with one size up, which doesn't exist.

50 minutes ago, baytola said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the size of the front pockets? My SEXSG24's are almost completely unusable, to the point where I put my car keys in the 5th pocket so I can easily take it out

Yeah Strike Gold from pocket bags are a few inches too deep for my preference

• 1 month later...

No shame. Moving my TSG 2103 size 34. Too big. These came one-washed. Washed once more - carefully, and worn 1/2 day. two-hundy shipped CONUS. Int'l pays actual shipping. DM me for deets. 

I really don't get why this cut hasn't caught on with fellas here on SuFu, or the rest of the heritage raw denim world. It's mid rise, roomy thighs, straight cut. The proportions are much better suited to western builds than some of TSG's other cuts. 

20180208_091350.thumb.jpg.5d37964aa11678ebb59a7ad5d046249b.jpg

20181103_132425.thumb.jpg.4bc00ea2df90f94857332f775af07ba8.jpg

20181103_132455.thumb.jpg.245514ef42628f362706f5580b5cd408.jpg

20181103_132519.thumb.jpg.30fd06470b08c3bd1ddb26443a535389.jpg

20181103_132547.thumb.jpg.39a52bc0517b168fff0119f0bb59b3bb.jpg

20181103_132556.thumb.jpg.f14a06580ca241a6d5ea800f9ac97244.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up buying a pair of SG6109 when visiting SENY recently as my pants that I wanted repaired were beyond repair. Honestly was stuck about what pair of jeans I wanted next to wear as I usually do research before heading to Self Edge but went in blind this time around. Forgot the guy that helped me but he recommended these first and I couldn't be happier. Nailed everything I was looking for without saying much to him. Major props to him.

Taken after a soak and day of wear.

2iazgqg.jpg

IMG-6743.jpg

IMG-6709.jpg

IMG-6738.jpg

Edited by yo_mj

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yo_mj said:

SG6109

1 month of on and off wear

No washes yet but soaked multiple times. When I say soaked I'm referring to getting drenched by the rain.

Are these the jeans you just bought at SENY in November or so?!

If so, that's some crazy wear.

Edited by kiya

17 hours ago, yo_mj said:

SG6109

1 month of on and off wear

No washes yet but soaked multiple times. When I say soaked I'm referring to getting drenched by the rain.

dbtwd5.jpg

Wow you‘re a real hardcore and fast authentic  fader!!!! I can‘t wait seeing them one year later!!

And keep your old previous jeans beyond repair alive for ever and never ever throwing them away! Otherwise let me know before

• 3 months later...

I just robocopped the 5009 double indigo jeans that just came out. I wonder if they will be similar to the iron heart double indigo but with more slub. Pretty excited for these ones. I know it’s an all new denim so there are no fade pics. Does all double indigo denim fade with greater contrast or do these just fade crazy because of the rope dyeing and abrasive denim?

1 hour ago, Radiohead89 said:

I just robocopped the 5009 double indigo jeans that just came out. I wonder if they will be similar to the iron heart double indigo but with more slub. Pretty excited for these ones.

Cool! pls post pics when you get them

1 hour ago, Radiohead89 said:

... or do these just fade crazy because of the rope dyeing and abrasive denim?

This, mainly. I think fading character has more to do with how the yarns are spun and dyed, and how the denim is woven. Saying that, double indigo might yield higher contrast fades due to no white weft. There are plenty of examples of normal indigo-on-white denim with high contrast fades. 

This denim texture and feel in hand is amazing. I can’t believe we’re only on page 83 on this forum. These jeans are seriously under rated. The inside texture feels completely different than the outside. So excited for these 5009 as I’ve never seen a faded example. 

AF5B977B-D7D5-40E2-B35E-798AB72F4F97.jpeg

78DEB644-897E-432B-BF7F-4D4D5F8B5497.jpeg

08572CE5-DFF4-419F-A036-35E8B9552D4D.jpeg

Drying after 30 minute hot soak with agitation. These things were absolutely pouring indigo after the soak. I thought my flat heads were bad. Will post fit pics tomorrow if I can get them. Yee skapshhh these are slimmer than my f310 so hopefully the fit will be okay. I can already tell these will be fast faders.

38F4460D-4C52-426C-9374-B3C6FFC1F359.jpeg

7 hours ago, yo_mj said:

Found this cool, my patch on my SG6109 after only 6 months of wear. 

You're a real hard and fast raw denim trasher!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I must admit that my first love was the Flat Head and I still do adore their denim I've fallen hard for the Strike Gold. Flat head has crazy vertical falling but the feel of the weave and fabric of SG is honestly just insane along with some of the colors. I mean these are possibly some of the the most intense jeans I've owned. I know I'm just ranting here but I honestly hope Kiya gets SG to offer more cuts by them. SG denim in a fit like the Flat Head 3009 or the Iron heart 634s would be a thing of beauty. long rant I know but im also fawning over some of the Studio d'Artisans... sometimes it sucks being a denim head lol. Anyone reading this please let me know your reactions coming from a brand and then getting something as irregular as SG denim.

Those look great Radiohead89, I've been enjoying my SG denim jacket (though it's hanging in the closet until fall rolls around.) I'm usually not too crazy about super-textured crazy fabrics, but the 5109 wavy denim used on my jacket is pretty interesting, and has enough subtlety to it that I don't feel like its texture clashes with my other clothes (as is often the case with super heavy/textured denim.)

@Radiohead89 my first pair was Naked and Famous years ago, shortly after that I got a pair of the 5109 and it was such an experience. I was blown away at that fabric in person and the fade examples. I remember getting them in the mail and the excitement I felt soaking them. This was in 2015. 

I didn't even look at other jeans for over a year, I liked them so much (and still do, though they are a touch tight in the thigh now though). Only have needed minor repairs, but I don't wear them often now. It's a pair I could probably never get rid of and will always have. 

Agree completely on a 3009 type of fit, with the grey or white weft fabric  (think 1105, 5105 for example).

Have you tried their sweatshirts by chance? Another great staple.