The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Great fit on that sweatshirt! I have quite a few of those. I thinks it's easily the best sweatshirt you can find. I also really like the Real McCoy Ballpark sweat but the fabric on the Strike Gold sweat just seems so much softer while still being just as thick. 

Good rain,

The Strike Gold size Large:

chest 21.5"

shoulder 18.75"

sleeve 23"

center back length 23.5"

Real McCoy Ballpark size Medium:

chest 21"

shoulder 18.5"

sleeve  23"

center back length 24"

do you live in Oakland? I live in same neighborhood as Standard and Strange.

We actually have a large shipment of Strike Gold sweaters on the way to all of our stores in a week or two in black and gray.  We got SG to make a late fall run and they were delayed slightly but they just finished the fresh batch.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, dwilson123 said:

Any info on this new denim released by Strike Gold?  It looks very, very similar to the SEXSG fabric.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/amekajishop-klax-on/sg7105.html

That appears veeeerrrrryyyy likely to be the same denim. The amount of hair and show-through on the indigo side in the macro shots, plus the variance of the weft threads on the inside, both look identical to the SEXSG fabric. Same weight too, at 17 oz. Wonder if they'll be keeping it as a regular fabric, even though it's got to be a pain to make.

21 hours ago, dwilson123 said:

Any info on this new denim released by Strike Gold?  It looks very, very similar to the SEXSG fabric.

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/amekajishop-klax-on/sg7105.html

That isn't the same as the SEXSG denim.  They had trouble re-weaving the SEXSG denim so the mill went with a more even weave pattern and used a slightly thinner warp thread so that it was easier to weave. 

Also, this fall there's a very special SG jean coming which will be their first indigo/indigo jean!

On 2/17/2017 at 10:03 AM, kiya said:

That isn't the same as the SEXSG denim...

Ah, sorry, my bad then. Shouldn't have been so sure, but they did do a remarkable job of getting close to the collaboration fabric. Those photos look pretty much identical to my pair of SEXSG post-soak.

Bit of a plug for my Strike Gold workshirt in the marketplace... but this a cool 12oz denim shirt that they did about 4 years ago with contrast cat-eye buttons. Thought I'd throw it on here, don't see tons of shirts round these parts.

strikegold1.jpg

• 1 month later...