The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticing any evo on their wavy jeans yet? I have a pair myself but unfortunately I have a suit and tie job so I only get to wear on nights and weekends. I'm impatient and am dying to know what lies ahead.

I was wondering how strong the mud-dyed weft peeks through the denim on a pair of SG2109s. I have looked at pictures online, but it looks as though results may vary. Does the weft fade with soaks and washings? I'm guessing the color doesn't show up with fades?

In addition to Strike Golds, Momotaros and 3Sixteens...any other companies offer brown/mud/tan dyed wefts? Thanks!

I was wondering how strong the mud-dyed weft peeks through the denim on a pair of SG2109s. I have looked at pictures online, but it looks as though results may vary. Does the weft fade with soaks and washings? I'm guessing the color doesn't show up with fades?

In addition to Strike Golds, Momotaros and 3Sixteens...any other companies offer brown/mud/tan dyed wefts? Thanks!

Just depends on how much you push it wear wise. Hemi of NZ's Wakefield Hotel posted some pics of some well worn 2109's ages ago and you could see the weft quite clearly, but they were heavily worn to the extent of there being nothing but weft in certain areas if you see what i mean.

wanted to post a couple fit pics of my wavy standards. Like most i found the fit to be a little off and i sized up from 32 to 36. Although the are a bit big i am enjoying the level of comfort, I soaked them for about an hour and have been wearing them the past 3 weeks. 

30312433455_e55d8e029e_c.jpg

30277392306_3c42840b1b_c.jpg

30277392406_7b808ef8c9_c.jpg

30312433495_9cdd061dc3_c.jpg

Edited by drew_breeze

Drew_breeze Great fit pics indeed

Rock them hardcore for ever

cMT6uQ.jpg

Quick shot of the Wavy standards sz 38 about a month of wear. Also featured: Visvim Albacore shirt and Common Projects boots.

• 3 weeks later...

Kjeupa Such a wonderfully faded SG jeans seen here!!!

Make sure to keep them alive for ever and never ever throwing them away

They deserve it

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

• 1 month later...

I've been scouring this thread for the fit advice on TSG sweats. I'm eyeing an oatmeal one from the Tenryo shop. How did you guys size them?

I'm eyeing the medium at the moment but the shrinkage makes me consider the large; I like my tops on the shorter side but I don't need it to be a crop top. I'm 5'10", weigh ~150-lbs with a slim/average build.

You should be getting a medium man. For sure. Mine is super short but that's because I got washed and dried it, if you just wash it it won't shrink as much. I think the large will be too big on you if you're looking for a "clean" look, like kobayashi or me etc

Anyone noticing any evo on their wavy jeans yet? I have a pair myself but unfortunately I have a suit and tie job so I only get to wear on nights and weekends. I'm impatient and am dying to know what lies ahead.

I've worn mine about 2 months or so, with one cold soak just recently.  They are starting to have some pops of blue, especially in the crotch area, back pockets and front pockets.  They also are starting to soften up a bit.

I've been scouring this thread for the fit advice on TSG sweats. I'm eyeing an oatmeal one from the Tenryo shop. How did you guys size them?

I'm eyeing the medium at the moment but the shrinkage makes me consider the large; I like my tops on the shorter side but I don't need it to be a crop top. I'm 5'10", weigh ~150-lbs with a slim/average build.

i'm roughly the same weight/height and have a medium; depending on what kind of jeans you're wearing, it might be a crop top, but these kind of sweats are always short and the large will likely not be *that* much longer and just too big overall..

i'm roughly the same weight/height and have a medium; depending on what kind of jeans you're wearing, it might be a crop top, but these kind of sweats are always short and the large will likely not be *that* much longer and just too big overall..

I usually wear a pair of SC Okinawas and TFH 3009s. I'm assuming they should be okay considering their rises.