The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

FeNpn3e.jpg

Here is a pic of my patch after an hour warm soak and 15 min hot soak bother with agitation.

It looks OK...

I mean, the grain is pretty intact.

All veg tanned and even some chrome tanned leathers are going to do funny things in hot water - lose oil, lose dye, shrink, grain contraction, etc.

I find that most leathers do OK unless the water temp exceeds 50 Celsius.

Edited by mikecch

It looks OK...

I mean, the grain is pretty intact.

All veg tanned and even some chrome tanned leathers are going to do funny things in hot water - lose oil, lose dye, shrink, grain contraction, etc.

I find that most leathers do OK unless the water temp exceeds 50 Celsius.

I think it looks fine too. Should darken up with some wear too. It's probably my favorite patch of any pants I own. My wife loves it too which is rare for stuff like that.

Are these tight in the thigh and crotch for everybody?

I got the straight tapered rather than the tight tapered, and sized up 2 relative to my "normal", so they're not too tight. The rise is definitely lower than I'm used to, which makes the crotch feel a little tighter when moving around.

Mikecch: Thanks, I didn't know a finish on leather skin could feel like that. I think my Roys have a similar heavy finish over the leather, to allow for the really detailed and deeply colored image printed on it. It'll be interesting to see how it ages and if it takes any conditioning with time.

The patch looks almost exactly like Babyson's. I just soaked these jeans in my bathtub at a pretty cool setting, the water was probably 20-25 degrees celsius, since I didn't want them to shrink too much before the initial break-in.

Wavy it is. Online, so I can't yet speak to the feel and fit, but very hopeful. It was also the last 36, so it was time to choose.

Nice man!  You will love them.  I also got them in a size 36 (normally wear size 33 or 34) and I am real glad I did.  The rise is a little low but other than that its perfect. The low rise makes it so I can casually show off my Calvin's.

Rock those CKs. I'm usually a 35 for the fit I am comfortable in.

I have 35w Samurai 710DMO on right now. I thought about going 38 with the TSG, but the extra 1/4 inches were'nt where I needed or wanted. In fact my Sammy's are looser in the waist, and snug in the hips and thighs.

Usually SE orders get to me in a day or two. I'll know soon. :)

Anyone with a soaked & worn pair of the wavy standard in size 34 want to share some measurements?

Sorely tempted.

I'd have considered a size 35 if it existed but think a 36 might be too much.

(Edit 36 sold out anyhow)

Thanks.

Edited by UkeNo

• 2 weeks later...

The denim on the SESG is incredible! Just got mine. One of the measurements important to my body type was off, so I will, sadly, be returning.

For anyone on the fence, get off your butt and buy, the material is special, rigid, and the indigo is beautiful.

While the material might be nice i am yet to see a single fit pic that has me really in awe of the denim, the cut seems to be pretty odd, similar to all the other strike gold cuts 

The denim on the SESG is incredible! Just got mine. One of the measurements important to my body type was off, so I will, sadly, be returning.

For anyone on the fence, get off your butt and buy, the material is special, rigid, and the indigo is beautiful.

damn UK customs 

While the material might be nice i am yet to see a single fit pic that has me really in awe of the denim, the cut seems to be pretty odd, similar to all the other strike gold cuts

This was my first TSG attempt. I wish the cut had worked. My situation may have been a mistake. Long story short - purchased size 36. Waist was 35.5(no problem), thigh 12.25(problem for me). On item page 36 is supposed to have 13.2 thighs. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

This was my first TSG attempt. I wish the cut had worked. My situation may have been a mistake. Long story short - purchased size 36. Waist was 35.5(no problem), thigh 12.25(problem for me). On item page 36 is supposed to have 13.2 thighs. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

I've tried to make TSG jeans work for years, the measurements in theory should work somewhat OK for me but in reality it always ends up looking off. I can't really pin point my issue, i think it may have to do with narrow hip measurements on them relative to a larger waist and low rise. I've been on the fence about trying the regular straight cut from them but it seems to only come in the 1xxx denim 

^ You're not alone mate. Been looking at them for years, waited until this collaboration cut - which needs better measuring and is still not perfect for what it claims to be.

Really cool denim though, I bought it just for collection, really.