The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Looking great Marcus

• 1 month later...

does anyone know any store in tokyo, osaka, or kyoto that sell's The Strike Gold? thanks

sorry for the late reply. but if you are looking for The Strike Gold in Asia (aside from Japan), we do have a few models in stock. please pm for details :) 

Great update FeloniousMonk !!!!!!

Rock them the hardcore way for ever and keep us updated on them

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

I'm curious as to how these will wear in the long run. Something about changing the "feel" has me cautious. I like the feel the way it has been for decades. If it ain't broke...

I've been wearing my 16oz Samurai daily in the SoCal heat(100+), it's hard to imagine 17oz being to hot. Then again, SoCal is more dry, less humid.

Excellent review. Might have to take a trip to SELA today to get first hand experience. Just afraid I'll buy too much other stuff.

qENeGCx.jpg

SEXSG24 size 36

Preliminary crappie phone pics of the new jeans fresh after a soak. I'll upload some more pictures later after I get some time but I just want to go over some initial thoughts.

The denim. Holy shit. These things are slubby and stiff. In the picture they might look painted on my thighs but they have actually formed a tube around my leg. They feel heavier than my 19oz samurais after a wash. The warp is similar to the 51xx but the weft is something you have to experience in person. Someone described them as little foam rollers and I can't definitely see that. The denim is also super dark. I don't think my hands have ever been this blue.

The fit. The fit is similar to the oni 517 but has the rise of PBJs. The rise was supposed to be longer on these compared to other cuts but it's still pretty short. Lucky for me I like low rise jeans. But I'm also hoping the rise stretches a bit. The taper on these is perfect. The proportions are just right;having a fuller thigh while not being too tapered. If the rise was a little higher these would be my absolute favorite. The inseam on these are also perfect for me. These are not hemmed.

Post soak. I did a warm soak then hot soaked the top block and knee down. The thighs and lower leg didn't shrink much but the rise and the length shrunk a ton. Probably and inch and a half on the inseam.

If anyone has any other questions I'm more than happy to ask. Overall I love these so far and can't wait to see how they fit and feel once broken in.

Great reviews and photos @Babyson and @FeloniousMonk. I also sized up from my usual 34 to 36 whose top block is a little bigger than my likings. So I hot washed them, and even though the waist is still slightly loose, the thigh shrank quite a bit (half an inch) and is now perfect.

ah man those jeans are tempting, look really nice! Thankfully potential custom charges and brexit effect on currency conversion saves my bank account

Nice t-shirt by the way babyson

This pair is super hard to photograph...took me ages to get the colours to come out right on the monitor.

The Wavy Standard sexsg24:

BGuassr.jpg

fvw2pcS.jpg8PIZOs1.jpgwWAigc3.jpg3JnGimv.jpgGSbKKVQ.jpg

More photos and some words on my blog.

tl:dr Cool fabric, well made, one of the most interesting pairs in recent memory.

This pair is super hard to photograph...took me ages to get the colours to come out right on the monitor.

The Wavy Standard sexsg24:

BGuassr.jpg

fvw2pcS.jpg8PIZOs1.jpgwWAigc3.jpg3JnGimv.jpgGSbKKVQ.jpg

More photos and some words on my blog.

tl:dr Cool fabric, well made, one of the most interesting pairs in recent memory.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. These jeans would have been perfect with a slightly higher rise. They are still amazing and I plan on wearing them hard.

Really nice review, and those photos beautifully capture the amount of weft show-through and visual texture of the denim.

I'm a little surprised at how positive you are on the patch. When I soaked my pair, a somewhat plastic-y top layer that has the gold foil print separated from the true leather patch underneath, and it still feels a bit bubbly and uneven on the surface. Might have to take a picture of it to see if anyone here can identify what precisely happened.

Mmm,the deerskin has a very heavy finish on the grain side, which I assumed was to facilitate the foiling process. I can't seem to remove this layer manually.

Yes, please show us a photo!

What temperature did you soak it at btw?

FeNpn3e.jpg

Here is a pic of my patch after an hour warm soak and 15 min hot soak bother with agitation.

PUcSB31.jpg

And here is a picture after about a day of wear. They have already stretched to at least raw measurements but it might be past raw. The rise has also stretched some and is much more comfortable.

Are these tight in the thigh and crotch for everybody?

Definitely not on the crotch they have lots of room. They aren't tight in the thigh but they don't have much room.