The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Here are some evo pics that I took over the summer of my 2109s at the 7 month mark with 2 washes and an initial soak. At this point I have added another 3 months of wear and another 1/2 washes. The denim looks great, arcs are breaking, but to my surprise, the indigo is still holding. Echoing another post, it looks like my belt loops are getting beaten up pretty bad. This is most likely due to wearing with a denim jacket constantly.

YSq6b7V.jpg?1

WCWuUKM.jpg?1

usMOutE.jpg?1

GPgdEj5.jpg

mldHdvT.jpg?1

Edited by blueroute

• 3 weeks later...

Getting rid of some 1109 that are too tight for my liking. Pretty worn, and hemmed, so pretty cheap. Tons of life left, though.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/160192-fs-roy-ducks-sg-1109/

I have a brand new SG5109 in size 33 which I would gladly swap against a new SG5105 or SG5109 in size 34. The denim is pretty amazing. Bummer that mine doesn't fit me thighs...

Edited by daynym

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Type: SG5109

Worn for: Since september 2014, probably 5-6 months of actual wear

Washes: 1 initial soak, 1 wash around 5 months

Spring update.

These took at least 2 months to be confortable in the knees area. This is a weird cut as it's really slim in the knees compared to the waist.

They start showing some wear in the whisker area, stacks and of course honey combs.

26643807832_17d971da59_z.jpg

26464488990_f6f02e7744_b.jpg

26711367716_1645043ab6_b.jpg

26711346516_a048bb40ed.jpg 26130981584_bb0e11da2b_n.jpg

Flash on

26738696895_4072db8310_c.jpg26712988956_035c1116a1_c.jpg

Cheers

Edited by vgadjo

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know any store in tokyo, osaka, or kyoto that sell's The Strike Gold? thanks

never been there but klax-on has a store in Japan believe it is in the Kurashiki city in the Okayama Prefecture outside of that no idea if u can.

Edited by M3RK

does anyone know any store in tokyo, osaka, or kyoto that sell's The Strike Gold? thanks

No, from what i know there is no store in Tokyo or Osaka that sells Strike Gold.

To buy Strike Gold in a shop you have to visit their shop in Kurashiki City or visit one of the five Self Edge stores in North America.

I think I've found my next pair in The Strike Gold's 3105/3109, haven't decided yet but plan on trying both out and purchasing one at Self Edge LA within the next few months. I'd go for it now but I've got a pair of Samurai that aren't getting enough wear as it is.  I've seen some great pictures of how these age/fit but if anyone's got some more, I never tire of seeing them.  Any advice on sizing or general comments would be appreciated!

All of Strike Gold's denims age amazingly. Google image search is always really helpful for pulling pics together.

From a sizing standpoint, I will say that they have always fit pretty slim, and the newest SG09LTD fits even slimmer than usual. Some of the newer batches we've received are a little more snug in the waist (and 5xxx is always bigger in the waist, for some reason). Any of us at SELA will be able to help you dial it in, and we have a pretty good stock, right now.

Hi,

there were plenty of SG jeans at Big Step in Amerikamura when I went there in 2011.

There's a store at the bottom (B1F) floor. I did not really know the label at that time.

I'd totally recommend spending a day in Kojima (Kurashiki) preferably the weekend. You can easily get there with the Shinkansen from Osaka.

That being said, I bought mine (SG5109) at SE and was pretty happy with the service.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, first post and thought I would share some jeans I got while in Kojima at the TSG and Tenryo Denim Store. I was told by the brother of the owner that these jean were only available at their store and not available online. They are a 17oz in their xx05 cut. From what I have gathered from a reddit post also about these jeans they have white weft and they might use the same denim that is used in the SGxSE Collab jeans. If any one has any further info on them I'd love to hear it. They also one wash

J6QkTQQ.jpg

dr9VdY4.jpg

v43bOMI.jpg

CJacyhk.jpg

UOEHM6Y.jpg

NojzzXU.jpg

whole album is here http://imgur.com/a/dw6Us

The denim on those is from an early sample run of fabric we had made, the cotton in the weft is different than the final denim and i believe the weight is actually a little different too.  There were 14 sample pairs of jeans made and they sold them through their store in Kojima.

Edited by kiya

Thanks for infos Kiya about those great looking jeans from Syncd86

They're looking pretty good to me already so I would not soak or perhaps just cold water soak to lower the shrinkage

But as an old styled man who is wearing the stuff more the roomy and comfy way I'm probably not good about judging your fit style

@Thingus - as they are now, I think the fit looks good. I had the 2105 in size 34 and wore them for 6 months +/-, but the cut didn't work for me. They shrunk a lot all over. The thighs and top bock were so tight I could barely pick my foot up to step into an SUV/truck. Unfortunately I didn't take post soak measurements to compare to raw.

The 21xx denim will stretch out in the waist quite a bit, but it takes a long time - like a couple months or longer. The thighs and rise shrunk a lot and never stretched out, so they were too tight in the thighs and too low in the rise for my liking. That denim is pretty rough, tough stuff - I like it a lot!!! SE's size charts are fairly accurate for this model, and I'd recommend TTS. If you have bigger, athletic thighs and/or don't like a tight fit in the upper leg, these can be challenging. 

The denim on those is from an early sample run of fabric we had made, the cotton in the weft is different than the final denim and i believe the weight is actually a little different too. There were 14 sample pairs of jeans made and they sold them through their store in Kojima.

Well I'm sucker for rare stuff so that works out for me, looking forward to seeing some wear once I head back Australia, but too warm in Japan right now!

@swiss-jeansfreak @mpukas thanks guys, I'm really happy with the fit as they are now, I emailed Self Edge prior to pulling the trigger, and Kiya said I should go with the same size as previous purchases... I think I may do luke warm soaks in 30 minute intervals and see how it goes... I read as many post soak size posts as I could find (lurked here and Reddit a lot) and it seems like .3-.4" shrink is the average in knee/and thigh which are my primary concern spots... Top block and waist felt fitted but not tight (I had 1-1.5" in the waist, and .8-1" in the thigh). Right above the knee was the tightest point but I don't know if that's due to how the jeans sat on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking beautifully faded marcus!!!!

Rock them hardcore for ever and keep them alive for ever!