The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I just realized I've had them for 2 years. Got them in May '13 from SENY. 

I also have my SG2105's on the burner because the crotch and back right pocket both need to be repaired. 

Edited by laxlife1234

I also have my SG2105's on the burner because the crotch and back right pocket both need to be repaired. 

Looking awesome LAX!

Funny, all of my jeans (4 pairs) are in for repairs right now and I'm very tempted to head to SELA right now and pick up the 5109...

laxlife

Congrats to your awesome denim evo results seen here!!!!

Beautiully faded sample showing the power of natural denim evolution at its best

laxlife

Congrats to your awesome denim evo results seen here!!!!

Beautiully faded sample showing the power of natural denim evolution at its best

Looking awesome LAX!

Funny, all of my jeans (4 pairs) are in for repairs right now and I'm very tempted to head to SELA right now and pick up the 5109...

Thanks guys. Those would be my next pair... unless I can find a pair of 1109EX's. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been to SE PDX the other day - looks like I will be back next WE in order to get a pair of SG5105.

Not sure about sizing & shrinkage.

Managed to fit into a raw W32. Based on what I read and what the friendly staff told me it is possible to get them to stretch back to original waist measurement...

Any opinions?

The 5105's shrink A LOT. They stretch easily enough, but if you're on the fence between 32 and 33, get a 33 for sure. The waist stretches easily past raw measurements, but it's not so easy to get the thighs stretched back out. I went with a size 32, and they shrank way more than I expected, and they are slimmer all the way down the legs than I was hoping. They still fit, they're just a lot slimmer than I was going for with this pair. I wish I would have went with a 33.

^ What he said above, the 51XX fabric does seem to shrink more than say the 21XX fabric.

I have both in the XX05 cut and I feel like the thighs and everything else on the 5105's are slimmer than the 2105's in the same size.

Been to SE PDX the other day - looks like I will be back next WE in order to get a pair of SG5105.

Not sure about sizing & shrinkage.

Managed to fit into a raw W32. Based on what I read and what the friendly staff told me it is possible to get them to stretch back to original waist measurement...

Any opinions?

i always size up +1 from the SE recommendation

The 5105's shrink A LOT. They stretch easily enough, but if you're on the fence between 32 and 33, get a 33 for sure. The waist stretches easily past raw measurements, but it's not so easy to get the thighs stretched back out. I went with a size 32, and they shrank way more than I expected, and they are slimmer all the way down the legs than I was hoping. They still fit, they're just a lot slimmer than I was going for with this pair. I wish I would have went with a 33.

^ What he said above, the 51XX fabric does seem to shrink more than say the 21XX fabric.

I have both in the XX05 cut and I feel like the thighs and everything else on the 5105's are slimmer than the 2105's in the same size.

+1 to these comments 

The only thing I'll add is that in looking at the size charts, I don't think sizing up will get you much extra room anywhere except the waist. Increases in 1" increments in the waist size only add 1/4" or so to the thigh & rise measurements. The waist will stretch a lot, but I've found the thighs, etc. will stretch minimally, and the rise none. 

@Foxy - if you decide to go for a size 32, my 5105 with 5 days wear are still for sale at a very good price. All the shrink is out. 

Also, here's a pic of mine a few weeks back. I washed mine pretty frequently, and this denim is very soft, so they kind of just faded all over rather than the usual SG heavy abrasions.

https://instagram.com/p/2MIMTBzTbC/?taken-by=brennanatsela

• 2 weeks later...

That 51xx denim looks incredible and comfortable. I wish the thighs weren't so snug on SG cuts. 

I'm selling a pair of SG1109 size 33 if anyone is interested (hot soaked, worn 3 times).

New SG cut is coming out this fall which has more room in the thighs with a medium rise!

Seems like this is the cut of the past few years, like the 633s, stevenson valencia, etc

From the sample I saw, it looks like it's going to be closer to the 633s than the 714 valencia. I'm very excited about this cut. The 633s cut is great. 

Is the new cut going to be accompanied by a new denim? Sure hope so!

And I agree with Young, the 633S cut is gold.

Not sure yet, will know more in about four weeks!

• 2 weeks later...