The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

^^^Agreed. You don't want to size up with that kind of stretch and then end up with the dreaded frontal wedgie/cod piece effect caused by the belt cinching. I am curious about the thigh as well. With that much give in the waist, I can't help but imagine that the pant is stretchy all around.

I washed my 5105 size 32's to see if there was any more shrink left, and the leg opening shrunk down to 8.0", it was 8.5" at the hem and 8.0" at the knee. No more noticeable shrink in the waist, hips or thighs.

I wore them around the house for a few hours, an they loosened up a bit. I think with a month's wear, they would be perfect. 

I wouldn't wear these wet to try to stretch them out more, as I think with this denim that would lead to some serious knee bagging. 

Just quickly, I have a SG loopwheeled tee in XL. Will the loopwheeled sweat fit the same?

No it won't, use the measurements here to determine your size. The tees and the hoodies run differently.  Worst case scenario you can just exchange for a size up or down if you don't order the correct size:

http://www.selfedge.com/strike-gold?category_id=63

Hey everyone, first post here.  I was digging through my coin jar and found the SG red tab for my 5109s.  I didn't even know I had this until now.  Anyone ever try reattaching theirs to the back pocket, or does this need like a tailor or something?

• 2 weeks later...

@blueroute - I haven't really worn them. I've tried them a couple of times for maybe an hour at the most. I rally dig the denim, construction, etc. but I'm having a hard time with the fit. The thighs and hips are really tight, and the front rise is low, especially compared to the back rise, which is "normal". I still think the waist, hips and thighs will give some with consistent wear. 

The denim is really something unique. Especially when looking at the weft/inside - so irregular. It's rather soft - much softer than the 21xx denim which was like rough sand paper when new, even after a couple of soaks/washes. The 51xx is much more supple, and as so quite comfy considering how tight the 32's are on me. Yet it's already stacking behind the knees after a coupe of short wears. 

I need to give them a couple weeks worth of full time wear to really get a feeling for them and see how they stretch/move. Given how loose the weave is, I think they'll make great summer jeans. No way I'd wear them in a typical CO winter, LOL. 

Hope that helps. If you can find a pair in your size, I'd say grad them. 

@mpukas - it does a lot. Thanks much for the feedback. Yeah, I am all over the place right now in terms of prospective summer jeans (Oni 14oz Blue Fit Low Tension/Slub; Fullcount 1101; and Sugar Cane 1947). When do you think you are going to start wearing them? You mentioned in a previous post that you're still in a HWD competition I believe.

Like the Fullcounts, I am apprehensive about something with significant movement coupled with either varied sizing advice or little to none on the forums.  

@blueroute - I'm not currently in a denim comp. I'm considering doing the tux division in the upcoming DWC. If I do that, I won't do it in the 5105's as they're not a good year round jean for CO. Not sure when I'll wear them for a lengthier time; maybe next week as it's been unseasonably warm here. 

^

everyinchofgod

Great fit pics.

Rock them hard for ever and keep us updated on them

@ everyinchofgod - i see what you mean by the top block. By all means, please keep us posted once you start regularly wearing them. The fit mid-thigh downward looks great. The denim's greatness is showing through on the pics - props.

I ended up using the last hole on my Strike gold belt after a shy month of wear.

So I decided to shorten it.

I gave it to an amazing leatherworker in my home town Helsingborg Sweden.

He shortened it so that I would fit the middle hole.

As I live in Malmö (45 min away from Helsingborg) I had it picked up by my mother. 

She sent me these pictures.

Looks quite nice I think.

Will be interesting to try it on once I get it.

Sorry about the picture quality. My mother took them with her mobile phone.

20150324_181628.jpeg

20150324_181642.jpeg

20150324_182323.jpeg

Edited by nizzel55

Update on my SG5105 size 32

I've worn them for about 5 solid days. Lots of sitting and kneeling at my desk, and several long walks with the dog through brush and hills. The waist stretched out to fit very well. The thighs and hips relaxed a little bit, but still rather snug. The rise is way low, junk crusher low. As I've said before, the denim is soft and forgiving so they are comfy. Knee bagging is very apparent now. Rad denim, great details and construction. Fun jeans, but the way this cut turned out in this denim is really better suited on younger, slimmer guys than me, I think. 

(stark comparison in fit compared to the Samurai S510OG 16oz AK, LOL!) 

http://20150325_141428_zpshguaqull.jpg

http://20150325_141456_zpssg1axtvp.jpg

http://20150325_141801_zps6qvrhbhh.jpg

cuffed with boots 

http://20150325_142415_zpszloayvfi.jpg

http://20150325_142505_zpsbin3gc4x.jpg

etIpmss.jpg

Didn't mean to neg!  Sorry...clumsy mousework.  I can't stop looking at these!  So good!

I think strike gold seriously needs to work on their cuts... I don't think I've ever seen someone with a great fit.

My indigo sweater is looking damn good though!  I have a feeling the evo is going to halt around this point and that it won't look super different, even a few years down the road.

dXevOrh.jpg

2SFX21a.jpg

PCa9Ybm.jpg

ixhpURd.jpg

Probably true. My Left field indigo is more than two years old and I wash it probably every week. It hasn't noticeably lost any additional color in the last year. Fabric is starting to break down though, and it continues to evolve, if not necessarily in color!

@ mpukas - thanks for the continued progress updates. are you thinking about putting them up for sale given the lack of progress in the top block? By no means is the pant not fitting due to body type. That top block just looks disproportionately small in comparison to the rest of the pant. 

@itsbenhere - As I am currently loving my 2109s, my inclination was to defend TSG's product, but after some consideration, I tend to agree with you. 2109/5 run large in the waist, and although that is forgivable, with this particular model it seems like the measurements of the pant do not sync with the intended silhouette and the demin's characteristics. To me that is something that should be thoroughly thought through before putting them to market. Silhouette and proportion is paramount when it comes to pants. Still love TSG notwithstanding. 

The thing to keep in mind about a lot of Japanese brands popular here, is that the cuts are basically designed to work well with average Japanese proportions.  At least for my tall, skinny body type, I've found that my 3Sixteen and Dawson jeans are much better fitting than my Japanese ones because the rise and the shape of the thigh tends to be a lot more natural for me.

Edited by Cold Summer

@blueroute, @coldsummer, @ben, @everyinchofgod - yeah, this fit in this particular denim isn't working out for. The width of the top block and waist is fine, it's the rise is way too low and the thighs are way too tight. If I wore them any lower on my hips, my junk would fall out, LOL. These are definitely proportioned for guys of smaller stature. It's funny to me that on Kurashiki Tenryo's website their listed as "men / lady's"  - these could be worn by the right gal. 

Saying that, these are going on the chopping block: 

Strike Gold 5105 15oz denim jeans 

Worn for about 5 days

Washed twice by me (they needed to be cleaned before selling), they came once washed. All the shrink is out now, and the leg opening has settled to 8.0" (there's no more boot-cut look). 

asking $225 shipped CONUS 48

I'll ship anywhere, but buyer pays actual shipping costs 

Does anyone know anything about SG' xx03 cut? I'm not familiar with it. This cut looks like it might work better for me, and I think I do like the 21xx denim better than the 51xx denim. 

Does anyone know anything about SG' xx03 cut? I'm not familiar with it. This cut looks like it might work better for me, and I think I do like the 21xx denim better than the 51xx denim. 

We used to carry that cut except the rise was too low for most people.

We used to carry that cut except the rise was too low for most people.

that's odd; it looks like the xx03 cut has the highest rise of all their models. But the tightest thighs, along with the xx09. Uhg. 

that's odd; it looks like the xx03 cut has the highest rise of all their models. But the tightest thighs, along with the xx09. Uhg. 

You know, i may be mixing it up with another cut.  There is a model which we carried that had a super low rise, slim hips, but fairly wide leg all the way down to the hem.