The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Looking to get a pair of 5109s as my next pair, but unsure of sizing as this is my first pair of unsanforized. The measurements of my 3:16 st-120x are Waist (alligned)-32, Thigh (1in below crotch)- 10.8, knee (14in below)- 7.45, leg opening- 6.5. the waist on those is pretty lose and I could probably go to a 31. Looking at selfedge's measurements show im between 29/30. I'm just unsure of how much the thigh and waist would shrink/sretch after a soak. thanks for the help

The waist on those will shrink about 1.25" after a hot soak and the thigh/knee/hem will shrink about .4".

^^^ seconded. I wear between a 33 and 34 between brands, or depending on how tight or loose I want a pair. I can wear either size in the xx05 cut, but went with a 34, for a slightly looser fit. They fit very comfortably, much like that pic of edd's posted above. It's always hard to tell without actually seeing the jean on you, but I've yet to see the xx05 look bad on anyone. Go with the larger size you wear, and wear a belt. Regarding the 2xxx denim...well, it's pretty excellent.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'm torn between getting the 2105 and 2101... from the measurements it doesn't even seem as though the 2101 is all the much less-skinny... I'm not looking for so much of a tight fit, but more of a comfortable fit like edd's so as to not be too tight on the thighs.. I measured my waist today and it is 33 inches, would you guys recommend a size 34 in 2105, a size 34 in 2101 or a size 33 in 2101... 

Edited by youhadanidea

Imo thats not that necessary... the sleeves will stretch naturally as the elastic in the cuff loosens.  Pulling on it might stretch it too much... and frozen's sleeves are exactly where I like my sleeves to hit.

In other news, strike gold now makes the perfect pullover hoodie (sans-zip) which is keeping me warm at this very instant!

Edited by itsbenhere

I saw that SG pullover hoodie and I thought the hand pocket looked very awkward, although it could very well be due to the Rak model.

Do you have pictures Ben? Interested to see how it looks on someone besides the Klax On model.

Here's some pics...this is a medium after a hot wash and dry.  I'll probably do that again to get a some more length out of it...fits me pretty well though!  I can't say I notice anything strange about the hand pocket.

qC6NFOh.jpg?1

OLpp9sn.jpg?2

This one fixes too big problems I had with the zip:

1. The zip version has top loading pockets, which suck whenever you bend down because all your shit falls out.

2. The hood sucks dick.  It never stayed up even with the drawstrings completely taut; this one has a perfect hood which stays when the strings are relaxed and cinches up really nicely when they're pulled.

While we're at it, here's the medium indigo!

s8koAZz.jpg?1

You guys have a link for the pullover hoodie? Thanks.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/star-foot/sgc012?s-id=top_normal_browsehist&xuseflg_ichiba01=10004795

I've been waiting for selfedge or klax to restock the grey crew neck this year but I have the weird feeling the pullover is taking its spot this season, I'm a little bummed. 

Edited by riddlemethisj

Here's some pics...this is a medium after a hot wash and dry.  I'll probably do that again to get a some more length out of it...fits me pretty well though!  I can't say I notice anything strange about the hand pocket.

qC6NFOh.jpg?1

OLpp9sn.jpg?2

This one fixes too big problems I had with the zip:

1. The zip version has top loading pockets, which suck whenever you bend down because all your shit falls out.

2. The hood sucks dick.  It never stayed up even with the drawstrings completely taut; this one has a perfect hood which stays when the strings are relaxed and cinches up really nicely when they're pulled.

While we're at it, here's the medium indigo!

s8koAZz.jpg?1

I agree with a couple of your assessments.  The hood fits awful, like it was designed by someone who has no neck.   The pockets, while they look cool are borderline useless. Awkward to put your hands in, and like you said, your shit falls out.  After owning a SG hoody for a while now, I can safely say I will never buy one again.  Compared to just about every other sweatshirt I have owned in my entire life, the durability of the SG hoody just falls short.  The weight is nice and the fit is nice though.  

I just bent down and did 10 pushups in my zip up and my wallet and keys stayed put. Are you guys trying putting large stuff like 40s in them or what? I feel like articles are more prone to falling out from the normal handwarmer pockets if you lean left or right.

Well, doing push ups puts the force of the items directly on the back of the pocket, so it's fine. I'm talking mainly about bending over to pick something up, in which case it falls out. And I find myself bending over to pick something up more often than I lean from side to side...

• 2 weeks later...