The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on some new Strike Gold loop wheeled tees?

I think I remember talk of an indigo dyed version coming out...

Although I probably can't fit into them! 

Also I'd be interested to see some progress pictures of the 51XX denim.

Any update on some new Strike Gold loop wheeled tees?

I think I remember talk of an indigo dyed version coming out...

Although I probably can't fit into them! 

Also I'd be interested to see some progress pictures of the 51XX denim.

same with me man i couldn't even fit into there biggest flannel, i can't imagine how small the tees will be.

here is about 3 months of wear during its 2nd soak. i wear them with a double cuff (I now wear these and the sam 710 in rotation)

1FD5BD97-FB91-42C2-BA90-4EADB2443F68_zps

Edited by ilykejordans

I've been sporting the Iron Heart 8301 and 8301s for the past year. Since purchasing the jeans I've started lifting and (especially in the IH 7301s)the jeans are kinda starting to get tighter than I like (I've put on about 8 lbs). Seems like my ass and thighs and waist grew a bit haha.

Anyways, I'm thinking that I may need to hook myself up with a new pair of jeans that aren't so friggin' slim fitting. Are the Strike Gold 1105 similar in fit to the IH 7301? Really wish Strike Gold had a black option.

Edited by harorld

washed my 5105s for the second time yesterday. they have about 5 months of wear or so. took some quick photos right after they dried. they were super tight but have stretched out a bit now. LaI5HjXl.jpg

xcjOxBCl.jpg

KmRtM9jl.jpg

VD5VeSBl.jpg

I've been sporting the Iron Heart 8301 and 8301s for the past year. Since purchasing the jeans I've started lifting and (especially in the IH 7301s)the jeans are kinda starting to get tighter than I like (I've put on about 8 lbs). Seems like my ass and thighs and waist grew a bit haha.

Anyways, I'm thinking that I may need to hook myself up with a new pair of jeans that aren't so friggin' slim fitting. Are the Strike Gold 1105 similar in fit to the IH 7301? Really wish Strike Gold had a black option.

The 09 cut from Strike Gold would be closer to what you're used to, not quite as slim as the 301, but a great slim tapered jean.

The 05 cut is slim in the upper box with little more room in the thighs and a straight leg. It's an excellent cut, in my opinion, modern, but comfortable. I sized mine up and they're super comfortable without being baggy. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had Strike Gold make the 5105 and 5109 up to size 38 and they're available now with the remaining stock of the 5xxx denim from Japan in our online store now.

Had a few people message me about my jean shorts or "jorts". This is usually a heated subject and honestly, the negativity most of the time outweighs the positives of posting. I was going to post when they were a lot further along but hey, with some interest checks via email, decided to show them.

I turned a pair of SG2109s into shorts (as I did with a pair of SExI08BK) and I have divided my time between them 50/50 (when I do wear shorts, which is pretty minimal). So check the Imperial/Imperial SExI08 too.

SG2109. Two initial soaks, about 5 washes and I would estimate about two months of actual wear.

15246142489_661f3027bd_o.jpg

15432910405_d8f8fe5e2e_o.jpg

15246142319_fa41a7733a_o.jpg

It's really a shame that sela has that different measurement for hemming.  Maybe it's in my head but I swear that roping just looks so much better with a smaller/tight hem.  i feel like thats what a lot of other brands thing too since for the most part the original hem on jeans is pretty small...

They look awesome althouhögh I myself could never ever cut off any rW denim jeans.

This would break my raw denim heart

I picked up a pair of 5105s a little while ago and finally got around to giving them their first warm soak. I had to soak them in the kitchen sink. Folded them a couple of times inside-out and let them soak for a good 40 min. I'm letting them drip dry in the tub now and noticed that there are a couple of spots on the legs that aren't as dark as others-looks like maybe where they were folded the denim didn't absorb as much water? Will this be a problem?

i'm touching the 'lighter' areas and they're 100% wet. Weird. Should I give them another soak? Will that shrink them even further? Am I simply seeing the natural quality of the 5105s and don't worry?

Note: Not sure if this detail is helpful, but used a pot filled with water to keep the 5105s submerged fully in the water

Edited by harorld

Had a few people message me about my jean shorts or "jorts". This is usually a heated subject and honestly, the negativity most of the time outweighs the positives of posting. I was going to post when they were a lot further along but hey, with some interest checks via email, decided to show them.

I turned a pair of SG2109s into shorts (as I did with a pair of SExI08BK) and I have divided my time between them 50/50 (when I do wear shorts, which is pretty minimal). So check the Imperial/Imperial SExI08 too.

SG2109. Two initial soaks, about 5 washes and I would estimate about two months of actual wear.

15246142489_661f3027bd_o.jpg

15432910405_d8f8fe5e2e_o.jpg

15246142319_fa41a7733a_o.jpg

These are awesome. D you have any fit pics with the Jorts?

I picked up a pair of 5105s a little while ago and finally got around to giving them their first warm soak. I had to soak them in the kitchen sink. Folded them a couple of times inside-out and let them soak for a good 40 min. I'm letting them drip dry in the tub now and noticed that there are a couple of spots on the legs that aren't as dark as others-looks like maybe where they were folded the denim didn't absorb as much water? Will this be a problem?

i'm touching the 'lighter' areas and they're 100% wet. Weird. Should I give them another soak? Will that shrink them even further? Am I simply seeing the natural quality of the 5105s and don't worry?

Note: Not sure if this detail is helpful, but used a pot filled with water to keep the 5105s submerged fully in the water

The denim does has some slight color variation and it's just part of the character. After it dries completely I think it won't be as noticeable.

People with SG hoodie experience, what size should I go with for a ~40-41" chest? I'm thinking XL from what I've read so far regarding shrinkage, does that sound right?

If your chest is a true 40"-41" you'd be able to wear a medium or a large depending on how you like your hoodies to fit.  My chest isn't smaller than 44" and I can wear a Large on the snug side, but I prefer a medium for layering potential.  You can also factor length into your determination.  If you're 6 foot or over, you may want to go XL for length.  You'd not be snug in the chest , but these hoodies are cut trim enough that it also wouldn't look sloppy on you.  If you have any t shirts or button ups from any brands SE carries, I could help you further with comparative sizing.  Just send me a PM if you have more questions.

I normally wear 42-44" chests in my shirts, being 6'2" and 83 Kgs. I wear XL in the SG Indigo Hoodie which is on the tight side, but proved to be close to perfect after stretching out. For a 40-41 chest I think you can wear a smaller size, not sure wether it be L or M, though.

Edited by Max Power