The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

It's just a bit too small in the length, it looks like you're quite tall.  The sleeves can be stretched out to be long enough very easily.  

Spray the arms with water till they're damp and then put on the hoodie and pull on the arms till they're about 1" longer than where you want them to end up then let it dry.  You can try the same for the body, that fabric can be stretched out a bit pretty easily, and it won't shrink at all once washed because the indigo dying process gets rid of every bit of shrink left in the fabric.

Got my SG hoodie today. thanks to kiya for the shipping, it worked out well. The hoodie is amazing, yet too small, I think. What's your opinion?

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

I know it's a different strokes for different folks kind of thing, but I'd about kill for a hoodie that fit that comfortably in the body, and hit right above the belt...I think it's a good look and if you want a little vertical stretch, you can get it.

@Kiya - Do any of the SE stores have the 1109 in stock in a size 32?

Nope, sold out across all four stores.  We are having a hard time keeping these in stock.  Next restock is in September.

Not too small....I had the large and it felt like it choked my forearms. A few days later, I realized it was too big and I had to sell it... The indigo versions stretch very easily, and that's the smallest it'll ever be. And it still looks good now.

Mine stretched like crazy. I got the crewneck and the hoodie both in XL but the crewneck is much larger. When I first got them home the crewneck fit well and the hoodie seemed way too small. With wear and wash I think the hoodie fits perfect now and the crewneck is a bit of a sack. (And add to this that I have actually gained about 8 lbs since then...)

Think you'll be fine.

I followed Kiya's advice regarding stretch - and this is what I came up with. I am pretty happy with the fit now, and things can only get better from here (some stretch in the length will occur for sure).
DSC01284.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

Thanks again for the advice!

Edited by Max Power

Anyone have experience with the 11xx and 51xx denim? I'm contemplating some 5109s but I'm concerned about the measurement differences I've seen between them and 1109s. It seems like 5109s run almost a size smaller than 1109s.

Edited by aaronxxx

The reason is because Self Edge bought (nearly) the entire second run. 

They're not making any more till later this year (if they do at all).

What do you think the chances are that TSG makes another round of the 51XX denim? The only pair in my size is the 09 fit but I much prefer the fit on my 2105s. I'm starting to regret not copping this crazy denim.

What do you think the chances are that TSG makes another round of the 51XX denim? The only pair in my size is the 09 fit but I much prefer the fit on my 2105s. I'm starting to regret not copping this crazy denim.

What size in the 5105 do you need?

Just checked and that's sold out at all our stores.  We're trying to find out if they're doing another run of these, and if they are, we'll have them across all four stores.

Just checked and that's sold out at all our stores.  We're trying to find out if they're doing another run of these, and if they are, we'll have them across all four stores.

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for checking Kiya. If there is another run in the future I will have to get in on it.