The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

got them back from hemming. they're snug right now after the hot soak but after a few weeks they should loosen up nicely. so pumped to see these guys age. 

NjaIQ5Ll.jpg

Great fit man! Blue Note is where I got my first Les Paul like 15 years ago while visiting Berkley! I got super excited when I saw this pic.

Edited by Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...

I have a line on some 1103s and noticed they aren't carried by SE.  Going back through the thread I see Kiya referred to the fit being extremely odd and that was why they weren't stocked.  On paper, the measurements my potential trading partner is giving me look ok, but it's difficult to find any information about them or why they may not be desirable.  So before I trade, anyone have any thoughts for me on this or could compare the cut to something that is available here?  I typically go slimmish but I'd be fine with anything that isn't a ridiculously off the wall cut or looks stupid on anyone that wears it..for reference my jean sizes are usually thrown off by my thighs being too big.

There is for sure some discussion on it about 2 years back in this same thread. Somebody ordered a pair from rakuten and they fit really weird. Which I believe is when kiya said that's why they don't stock them.

Nice one! Looking fwd to seeing some fit pics havok.  would love to know how the 5109 feels when worn, compared to the 1109 or 3109 fabric.

My guess would be they initially feel very stiff.  My 3109's took a while to soften so I'm sure the 5109's are the same but made even stiffer.

My guess would be they initially feel very stiff.  My 3109's took a while to soften so I'm sure the 5109's are the same but made even stiffer.

No way, the 5xxx fabric is super pliable even when raw, it's the least stiff out of all their fabrics.

Yo, I've said it once, I'll say it again, the 5xxx series denim is the single most comfortable new jean I've ever worn. Super soft and pliable, breathes well, and feels like a calf massage. Although it's not rigid at all, after only a month in, the blues are showing through, and the creases set in nicely. The grey weft is tough as hell. Trust me, these jeans will be insane from day 1 to their retirement.

Just ordered a pair of 5105's, couldn't pass up on the irregular looking denim and the XX05 cut is one of my favorites out there.

Great to hear! The 05 cut from SG is maybe my favorite cut I've ever had. Sorry about the Roys going so fast, but no worries, you still copped one of the quicker moving models we stock, and one of the most unique. You won't be sorry.

Yo, I've said it once, I'll say it again, the 5xxx series denim is the single most comfortable new jean I've ever worn. Super soft and pliable, breathes well, and feels like a calf massage. Although it's not rigid at all, after only a month in, the blues are showing through, and the creases set in nicely. The grey weft is tough as hell. Trust me, these jeans will be insane from day 1 to their retirement.

^ My bank account does not like the sound of this.

Reckon the sizing should be the same as the 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx?

^ My bank account does not like the sound of this.

Reckon the sizing should be the same as the 1xxx, 2xxx, 3xxx?

Yeah, closest to the 1xxx. 

Wow, that's crazy.  You really beat those to death!

Those rock! but you better do some tender hand stitching on those here...like immediately

Awesome, great color and contrast on those laxlife.  As I suspected, it's very similar to the PBJ left-hand twill gray weft denim. 

The damage to the left pocket makes a good argument for not putting your phone in a front pocket, though.