The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I've always washed my black sweat at 30 degrees Celsius on a gentle cycle and line-dried it after pulling at the hems a little bit. I don't turn it inside out. Strike Gold sweats are fast getting a rep on here for crazy shrinkage but I haven't found this to be the case really. You should just expect some shrink and for the fabric to tighten (before loosening up again with wear). 

I wouldn't blast it in a hot wash or drier if I were you.

Been looking into getting a sweater for a long time, weighing up between SDA, BR and TSG after some looking around.

Not sure about that there sizing though.My approx measurements are.

41" chest, 17.5" shoulder to shoulder, 23" shoulder to wrist. I'm also 6' and about 187lbs, last time I weight myself.

Wouldn't want a boxy fit, because I think that looks like chit. Something a bit more fitted, like how it looks on the guy on the Self Edge site. Medium probably sounds like my ticket looking at hte measurements on SE too.

Also, how's their denim? I haven't bought any decent denim since like the SExDBxSuFu collab in 2009 and been meaning to get some more for a long time.

Bumping this.

if the medium measurements look like it'd fit you the best, you should keep in mind that the sweatshirts will shrink about a size down after a wash so you may want to go for a L and then cold water soak or wash before wearing. as for their denim, i think the pictures on here do a good job showing off the character of the denim. the strike gold makes some awesome jeans and use really great fabrics. i'm a big fan of the denim used on the 3109/3105 denim. looks great in pictures and even better in person. that slubby denim used on the 1105/1109 starts to show some really intense fading after a few months of wear. 

At 6' a Medium would end up very short on you.  These shirts are cut trim enough that moving up to a large won't be boxy at all for you and would still be on the short/fitted side without being exaggeratedly so. 

Quick question, how does the fit of the 3109 compare to the 2109? Supposedly the same fit but the measurements posted on self edges website seem to suggest otherwise . it looks like the 3109 is slimmer than the 2109 but with the same waist? Thanks.

They are the exact same cut.  The difference in the charts basically can be chalked up to each of them being different pairs of jeans (there's always a little variance) combined with the fact that sometimes whether something is .7 or .8 is a judgement call, and sometimes when it's made twice, it splits the opposite way.  

Those 2 different denim, having 2 entirely different denim behaviors when soaked/washed ... w/c one needs to consider/factor in

Strike Gold 2xxx and 3xxx denim respond to soak/wash as similarly two one another as any other two unsanforized denims I'm experience with…they both shrink but not an awful lot…nothing like a full size.  They stretch back out to a point that is slightly larger than their original measurements.  This holds true over the course of multiple machine washes.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy the SG3105 but i having trouble on the sizing. I'm wearing a Momotaro 0705SP and Railcar X002, both in size 30. I was wondering if i can fit into a size 30 3105 post soak. Any recommendations?

80ik.jpg

Strike Gold Loopwheeled crewneck in grey. Really liking the fit how it is now, think I'll be alright after a cold wash and line dry?

Yes.  You're going to lose a little bit of length in the body and sleeves, but it's easy to tell from that photo that you have room to spare in both. I think you'll like the post wash fit a lot.

Thanks Tyler! Really going to have to try hard to contain myself from buying an indigo one after wearing one of these. 

Edited by sgs

Need some advice. I'm heading to Osaka nxt thur and wanna to get SG1109.
My waist measure at 31 inch and shld I up size to 32 so that after cold wash will shrink to 31??

Plugged from http://www.nordicdenimhouse.com/blog/2011/09/strike-gold-sizing-and-pricing/
WASHED SIZE
Size (SIZE)/cm: 31inch
Waist (Waist): 79.5
Watari (Thigh Width): 26
Rise (Rise): 22.5
Hem width (Hem Width): 18.5
※ The Strike Gold are only sold as raw. After the first wash, approximately 1.5 inches of shrinking might occur. The measurements in a chart above is taken from a pair washed in cold water and hang-dried in the sun. Because of individual difference in washing and drying, there are slight differences in measurement.

Is the below info is helpful? Plugged from http://corlectionstore.com/denim/the-strike-gold-1109.html
Notes: the SG 1109 denims are unsanforized denims which have 7% shrinkage if you wash them in hot water
cold soak : 0.5" in waist ; 1" in the length
cold wash/warm soak : 1" in the waist ; 1.5" in the length
warm wash: 1.5" in the waist ; 2" in the length
hot wash: 2" in the waist ; 2.5" in the length

if you're a true 31, you should be fine with 31. the 1xxx fabric while it does shrink down an inch or so, it also does stretch a fair amount so after the soak and wearing a bit, it should fit just well. but like itsbenhere said, if you're able to try it on, the staff should be able to tell you what will work and won't work. 

Hey guys,

Does this look like a defect or just some typical denim irregularity?  Let me know your opinion.  Thanks

3109-A_zpsf66f1740.jpg

3109-B_zps956f2c14.jpg

Hey Everyone as a follow up to this post the guys at Klax-on replaced my pair of 3109's with a new pair.  I picked them up last week in Japan.  I put them through two hot soaks.  As you can see from the photo below these come out very rigid after a day of drying.

SG3109SIZE36_zps775b5b1b.jpg

Post soak measurements

SG 3109's

Size 36

Waist = 37.5

Front rise = 10.9

Back rise = 14.5

Thigh = 12.8

Leg opening = 8.5

Inseam = 36.4

shameless plug:

will be putting up 3105 W34 up on the board @supermarket as soon as pix are available  :(

edit:  SOLD! ... thought i'd take a few pix to post before sending them out. 

c992.jpg

sxds.jpg

bmvh.jpg

g5fu.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic