The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I'm wondering if I should size down on the SG1105 and SG2105?

I'm a tag size 33 in flathead f310/3001. Actual waist measurement is about 33 now.Can go for 32 for a snug fit.

I've tried on size 33 for the Strike golds at a local retailer,but found that the size 33 for Strike gold is much bigger than the flat head size 33.I have approximately about an extra 2.5 inches space in the waist for Strike golds in 33.

Should I get a size 31 or 32 for SG1105/SG2105??

Can't comment on the 1105's, but go TTS in the 2105's, if you're in between sizes go down. You also have to account for shrinkage when buying so of course they're going to be bigger in the waist pre-soak. If it were me I'd go for the 32, 31 if you want them to be skinnier. 

What's the shrinkage like on the 2xxx series denim? I need about a 32' waist, and according to SelfEdge that means i should go with the size 32'. But i've seen conflicting arguements about shrinkage on this denim. Some people claim they barely shrink, etc.

Also, is it me or are hte thighs pretty big on this pair of jeans? I don't know what by a 12inch thigh on a slim tapered pair of jeans just seems big. has anyone noticed that?

^ Correct.  Most noticeable shrinkage is probably about 1 inch on the inseam.  Around .75 inch in the waist but it stretches out more easily than other denims I've experienced.  And the waist also runs large.

Hi guys, 

I was planning on ordering some SG 21xx and 11xx series, but wasn't sure which specific model would be the correct fit. I have large thighs and calves and didn't think 09 would be the right one. So, I was considering 05, but SE's website says that the thigh is even smaller than 09s, but on rakuten klax-on gives bigger measurements for 05 than 09. Which is more accurate in your opinion? I need at least 12" thigh and 8" knee and waist around 33" so I thought perhaps W32 in 2105 or 1105 should work if measurements on rakuten are to be believed.

Cheers,

Anyone?

^ Correct.  Most noticeable shrinkage is probably about 1 inch on the inseam.  Around .75 inch in the waist but it stretches out more easily than other denims I've experienced.  And the waist also runs large.

whats that mean the waist runs large. If its a 33 presoak and  a 32.25 post doesn't that mean it should feel that way?

for example, i wear a 32 in PBJ, Flathead, and Iron Heart. Shouldn't I stick to that?

anyone else find the thigh's weirdly big?

Edited by jcohen26

They do initially, but like I said will stretch out easily.  The waist now measures around 31 inch.  Compared to the other models listed which hold their shape a lot better.  IMO I prefer denim that hold their waist shape, although all denim do stretch eventually with wear.  That is the only negative I've found with the 2109.

Not weird at all.  FH denim are renown for their shrinkage compared to other denim - but we are getting off topic here.

Edited by BlackPig

^ I don't believe SG make a 66s cut like S5000.  If you don't need wider thigh measurements like the S5000 cut than the SG1105 model can work for you, which is a slim straight 14.5oz denim.  Safe bet for sizing is to go TTS.  Hope that helps.

^ I don't believe SG make a 66s cut like S5000.  If you don't need wider thigh measurements like the S5000 cut than the SG1105 model can work for you, which is a slim straight 14.5oz denim.  Safe bet for sizing is to go TTS.  Hope that helps.

I don't believe the xx05 is close enough to the S5000. I would have to say the xx03 model is more like the S5000 cut as it's a wider/fuller cut like the S5000. 

I have a pair of S5000's in a 29 along with my 29 SG2105's and the S5000's are a far fuller cut, just like when I used to own the SG1103EX's.

Edited by laxlife1234

yo buddy any fit pic on the 1105?

Thanks laxlife1234, I totally forgot about the xx03 cut.  My experience has only been with 2109 and I did a bit of research on the xx05 vs xx09 cut prior to pulling the trigger.

It's all good. The xx05 is a pretty slim straight cut, I find the 3109s to be very very slim in the legs.

Bought a pair of 3105 this weekend. Soaked the jeans in hot water and let them line dry twice but they did not shrink as much as I thought. Even though the fitment from the thigh down is perfect, the waistband is still a little looser than I would like.  I was thinking of doing another hot soak (in the upper block only) and throwing them in the dryer. Has anyone tried this and would that shrink the waistband more?

Bought a pair of 3105 this weekend. Soaked the jeans in hot water and let them line dry twice but they did not shrink as much as I thought. Even though the fitment from the thigh down is perfect, the waistband is still a little looser than I would like.  I was thinking of doing another hot soak (in the upper block only) and throwing them in the dryer. Has anyone tried this and would that shrink the waistband more?

Before you start messing with the dryer, I'd definitely try soaking them with some agitation, or even just washing them inside out with no detergent and no spin cycle in the wash machine.  Also, I definitely recommend against soaking one part of a jean and not the others...if the stuff from the thigh down shrinks a little more with agitation (and dryer if you need to go that route) it will probably give you just the right amount of stretch back after you've worn it for awhile. 

• 2 weeks later...

i think the 3xxx is still a bit too new for any well faded examples. But I wouldn't be surprised if they fade similar to PBJ XX-011s. They're both left hand twill, and they both have grey dyed weft threads. Comparing the two together they look quite similar, the only obvious difference is that the 3xxx series is quite a bit heavier than the PBJs. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/SelfEdge/status/374767348948807680

Looks like there's some new sweats coming—I hope there'll be a gray for the fall and possibly some new t-shirt colors. 

Yup, we'll have gray, black, navy, and INDIGO DYED.  Will post photos of the indigo dyed ones as soon as i have em.

Maybe I'm off-base in asking, but is it safe to assume their sizing scheme will be the same this time around? Of course their last run of sweats was very slim. At 6'2 ~170lbs I find the XL Hoodies to be a bit of a squeeze.

Edited by Newo