The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Im saying that if I can get it from BiG or SE i get it from there. if i cant i order from japan, but i only get pants and jeans from BiG and SE because its harder to get the right fit and I need their expertise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all.

I need a pair of very well worn in Strike Gold jeans, any cut or model is fine.  They should be very worn in but NOT heavily repaired.  In trade i will give you a $200 gift certificate to Self Edge that you can use towards anything you'd like.

Please post photos in this thread with this info:

-length of wear

-model number

-washes

I need this by monday or so, so i'll be picking somebody by then!

Hey Kiya,

Just want to start off by saying that I've popped into SENY a few times since I first developed my love for raw denim, and all I want to say is bravo for such a beautiful thing you've created.

Here are my jeans.

8510168027_96e1e2669e_z.jpg
8510168509_4e6d5c6201_z.jpg

8511278168_7a309d7003_z.jpg
8510168887_36c63d8f9e_z.jpg

-Length of wear: about 1 year and 2 months of moderate wear.
-Model Number: 1101 ----> these are the blue line selvage from when you had a clearance of some stuff wayyyyyy back.
-Washes: 2 washes 3 soaks
-Repairs: 1 crotch repair, with a small blowout present.

The jeans look different in different lighting. The top photos show how they look in sunlight and the fit picture show they look in the shade.

Those look great, but i need em more worn in.  Those have a lot of life left in em!

Yea, i kinda figured, but it was worth a shot! haha. I got fat and stopped wearing them. Too bad you guys don't stock the 1101 model anymore. The 1109 and 1105 are too slim for me.

I need at least 4 or 5 more jeans posted.  Keep em coming!

My SG 23 oz is a little bit faded after 18 months of daily wear but they have a break now during the HWDC and they're far away from what  Kiya is probably looking for (although I don't know his plans of course)

2013-03-07%252010.28.09.jpg

2013-03-07%252010.27.43.jpg

All denim evo pics check out at picasa

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/IHJacketAndStrikeGoldJeans?authkey=Gv1sRgCMX9zI708dyGdQ

They are in a special exhibition atm anyway in the Modefabriek fair next July 14 and15 in Amsterdam celebrating together with other items from the Jeansmuseum the 40 anniversary, when in 1973 I started to rescue real heavy worn out raw denim projects to give them an eternal life at a safe place. And where the visitors can check out the power of denim evolution and fadings in the real world not in the virtuel web only

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Hey Kiya,

Just want to start off by saying that I've popped into SENY a few times since I first developed my love for raw denim, and all I want to say is bravo for such a beautiful thing you've created.

Here are my jeans.

8510168027_96e1e2669e_z.jpg
8510168509_4e6d5c6201_z.jpg

8511278168_7a309d7003_z.jpg
8510168887_36c63d8f9e_z.jpg

-Length of wear: about 1 year and 2 months of moderate wear.
-Model Number: 1101 ----> these are the blue line selvage from when you had a clearance of some stuff wayyyyyy back.
-Washes: 2 washes 3 soaks
-Repairs: 1 crotch repair, with a small blowout present.

The jeans look different in different lighting. The top photos show how they look in sunlight and the fit picture show they look in the shade.

great fit edd not too skinny not too baggy. howd you size on these?

Strike Gold denim looks beautiful. If they did looser cuts with a higher rise (well, perhaps they do, but what I probably means is if they were more widely available), I would've bought a pair by now. Some great looking pairs on this page.

Can anybody with the SG 2109 or 2105 comment on how the weight feels?  Do they feel heavy?  At 17oz they are kind of in the middle ground.  Does the fabric breathe well or will it be too hot for ~80-95 degrees?

I have the SG2109 and they feel a lot heavier than 17oz. They don't get worn a lot because they don't breathe well. I live in Oz where we get 80+ pretty much 9 months of the year. Hope that helps. (SG are amazing jeans though, just not great for hot and/or humid conditions).

I'm wondering if I should size down on the SG1105 and SG2105?

I'm a tag size 33 in flathead f310/3001. Actual waist measurement is about 33 now.Can go for 32 for a snug fit.

I've tried on size 33 for the Strike golds at a local retailer,but found that the size 33 for Strike gold is much bigger than the flat head size 33.I have approximately about an extra 2.5 inches space in the waist for Strike golds in 33.

Should I get a size 31 or 32 for SG1105/SG2105??

Hi guys, 

I was planning on ordering some SG 21xx and 11xx series, but wasn't sure which specific model would be the correct fit. I have large thighs and calves and didn't think 09 would be the right one. So, I was considering 05, but SE's website says that the thigh is even smaller than 09s, but on rakuten klax-on gives bigger measurements for 05 than 09. Which is more accurate in your opinion? I need at least 12" thigh and 8" knee and waist around 33" so I thought perhaps W32 in 2105 or 1105 should work if measurements on rakuten are to be believed.

Cheers,

Edited by ffatt

Can anybody with the SG 2109 or 2105 comment on how the weight feels?  Do they feel heavy?  At 17oz they are kind of in the middle ground.  Does the fabric breathe well or will it be too hot for ~80-95 degrees?

Don't worry about the weight, worry about the cut. Of the two, the 2105's are far easier and comfier to wear during the summer weather as my 3109's just stick to my leg and it gets very un-comfy.

Honestly it's come to the point where when it's over 85* I just don't wear jeans as shorts are far more comfier, but if you must and don't mind a more straight cut go for the 2105s imo. If you want fit pics I can definitely post up some older ones.