The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

jake- kiya said on april 1st they'll have the 3109. same fit as the 2109 but different fabric. 17oz / left hand twill / indigo warp / gray weft / gold selvage id / same aging rivets

if you're looking for another SGs..... i'd hop on that.

Eventually, maybe if I see a lightly used pair in the used market to save a few bucks. As I quit my job money is a bit tight right and investing in photography gear is expensive so it leaves me with little to no money for other stuff.

Why doesn't it seem like Strike Gold doesn't have as much hype as brands like Samurai, Flat Head, or Ironheart? Strike Gold stuff looks amazing.

Strike Gold has been around for 3 years, those other brands have been around for 15 to 20 years.

Strike Gold has been around for 3 years, those other brands have been around for 15 to 20 years.

Ohh I had no idea! The blues that the beige weft get look so beautiful and I'm excited to see the LHT. I'm set on denim for a while but it looks like my next will be between those two!

is this waist too big?

i got these size 33 about 2 weeks ago. 1 initial cold soak, then after the waist stretched to be a bit bigger than i'd have preferred, i did a 30 min long hot soak. they shrank a little, but i'm still nervously wondering if i should have bought the size 32's.

any advice would be appreciated.

IMG_1389_zps55ffc5fb.jpg

Better lighting would help

Looks good to me but i think you should scoop up a kawatako belt or a strike gold belt

It's a great excuse to get a belt as mentioned. Look ok but the fact you've had to ask suggests you might never be totally happy with them as is. The belt will sort out your worries id of thought.

Insane they've only been around that long and are producing products at this level.

After going through this thread, I think a mud-wefted jean is in my future. Was considering the the 110x or 310x (when it hits Self Edge on April 1st), but IDK, nothing really quite looks like that 210x denim.

Give those another hot soak with agitation (i.e. a hot wash) to really make sure all of the fibres soak up the water. In most cases several hot soaks are required to get most of the shrinkage out. With the amount of room you have, I'd also flip them inside out and chuck them in the dryer till they're just slightly damp.

like others have said, SG waists typically shrink less than you expect them to. even in general when buying any jeans, the waist is not the most important measurement to go off of. wear a belt (which you should be doing even if you don't need it to perform its intended function).

Edited by aaronxxx

cause they dont. they simply arent even in the same park as samurai. its like comparing a hyundai turbo to a porsche turbo. they can doll up that korean pos up as much as they want but it just aint the same thing.

Oh please. Tell us more about turbo jeans.

cause they dont. they simply arent even in the same park as samurai. its like comparing a hyundai turbo to a porsche turbo. they can doll up that korean pos up as much as they want but it just aint the same thing.

You got banned from Style Forum for talking too much shit and now you're here pulling the same thing?

Enjoy your time on Superfuture, this forum has a far lower tolerance to bullshit.

Edited by kiya

Wait, thats you?

I had no idea.. i've met you a bunch of times in SF.

shit, cover blown:) Yea, its always good to see you and the guys at SESF.

I think I made the right call on the XL hoody. It fits perfect, and my wife has managed a hostile takeover of the medium crew that ended up too small for me.

Ill most likely stop by in the near future to drop off a new acquisition for a hem.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

shit, cover blown:) Yea, its always good to see you and the guys at SESF.

I think I made the right call on the XL hoody. It fits perfect, and my wife has managed a hostile takeover of the medium crew that ended up too small for me.

Ill most likely stop by in the near future to drop off a new acquisition for a hem.

Looks good! So did you size-up twice, then for the XL? I was going to go with the same size as my w+h tiger fleeces, but everyone's saying to size-up. from the measurements on SelfEdge, it seems like with shrinkage, it'll fit about the same, though.

Edited by misterjuiceman

Looks good! So did you size-up twice, then for the XL? I was going to go with the same size as my w+h tiger fleeces, but everyone's saying to size-up. from the measurements on SelfEdge, it seems like with shrinkage, it'll fit about the same, though.

I have the exact same hoodie, black XL, and I went up one size from the perfect pre-wash fit. I'm normally a medium in most T-shirts and shirts, I ordered a large hoodie, it fit perfectly, so I sent it back for an XL. Cold washed the XL, hung it up to dry, and if fit almost exactly like the large did pre-wash - perfectly. Hope this helps.

well, with the Strike Gold sweatshirts its kind of a toss up because they shrink. The medium crew fit well, pre-wash. It was slim however, but a decent fit (i sized by shoulder width, but didnt realize how short it would end up on me post wash). Once I washed it, it was too small. Self Edge notes this, I just failed to take it as seriously as I should have. The hoodies fit a bit different (raglan style shoulders vs the standard shoulder seam the crew has), and a large fit perfect pre wash, so I opted for the xl, and did a warm wash and hang dry and it ended up perfect.

edit** I did exactly what Skurlandski did, for the exact same reason

Edited by garden gnomes in space