The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

no plans to carry the printed versions?

Nope, the designs didn't meet our spec while the t-shirts themselves were better than any t-shirt we've ever carried or seen. I have no idea how these two do it but they came on the scene three years ago and did those jeans, then did loopwheeled sweaters and hoodies better than Buzz Rickson and Real McCoy's, and now are doing loopwheeled tees which are heavier yet softer than anything i've seen in Japan.

i like the feeling of the SG sweatshirt, but mine is too baggy in the bicep area :/

anyone else have this problem? does it go away w/ wash? i soaked mine before getting it but never washed it

Edited by ghijklnkls

hahaha, then i'd look silly even when i'm not wearing the sweatshirt, and i'd have to gain like 10 inches or something in the bicep

i think you can see a little bit what i'm talking about in the model from the SE page...a little too much fabric on the bicep

SG_CREW_STONE_01.JPG

http://www.selfedge....EW_STONE_01.JPG

Edited by ghijklnkls

Personally, i think the arms fit fine. it's the combination of the baggy arms and fitted chest that looks a little off. regardless, i'll definitely have to check these out when i'm down in san fran later this summer

Personally, i think the arms fit fine. it's the combination of the baggy arms and fitted chest that looks a little off. regardless, i'll definitely have to check these out when i'm down in san fran later this summer

not sure i understand your distinction! :)

Don't get your hopes up.

I'm a Small in IH shirts, 40 in FH shirts and t-shirts, 38 in all DB shirts and in the new SG tees i'm a Large and it's super slim on me.

Tigerpac, no, they're from XS up to XL..

BTW, i have one of their tees, size M, but it's too tight for me, maybe you guys have some interests in it.

http://supertalk.sup...ze-m-brand-new/

Thank you

Hot damn! Now I just need to psych myself up to the point where paying 200 for a tshirt (just guessing how much) seems like a good idea.

My 2105's have warped my brain.

Hot damn! Now I just need to psych myself up to the point where paying 200 for a tshirt (just guessing how much) seems like a good idea.

My 2105's have warped my brain.

They're gonna be the same price or cheaper than Flat Head tees i think.

I'd say that's pretty amazing for every day wear for over a year. Most people form crotch holes in less than one year in ANY jean.

I wish that was the case but I wear these with two other pairs in rotation. So my Strike Golds have about 150 days on them. It looks like no one else is having similar results so no big deal. Still love the look of the 2109's

Nope, the designs didn't meet our spec while the t-shirts themselves were better than any t-shirt we've ever carried or seen. I have no idea how these two do it but they came on the scene three years ago and did those jeans, then did loopwheeled sweaters and hoodies better than Buzz Rickson and Real McCoy's, and now are doing loopwheeled tees which are heavier yet softer than anything i've seen in Japan.

I am really looking forward to seeing these SG loopwheeled tees and how them compare to TFH and IH loopwheeled tees.

Kiya, do you plan to restock the navy SG hoodies anytime soon?

Edited by joshlai

I am really looking forward to seeing these SG loopwheeled tees and how them compare to TFH and IH loopwheeled tees.

Kiya, do you plan to restock the navy SG hoodies anytime soon?

The next run of hoodies being made is in October.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with how much the 2109s shrink? I just got a pair in with a 32 waist. There is about a 3" gap between my waist and the jean. I'm a bit afraid that if I go down to a 31 that my thighs might not fit, but this fit in the top block is way too loose. Looks awful when I wear a belt with it because the fabric is buckling.

I've been scoping out a pair of SG1101 and SG1103 for quite a while but, nowhere can I find measurements for either. I'm a true 31, I always buy 32 for a slightly looser fit, unless the denim is cut loose, so I'd probably be looking for measurements for either 31 or 32.

Also, anyone shop from Okayama Denim? They still have SG1000 series in stock.

lol Thighs should be fine, eee I aint the skinniest guy around. A "regular straight" in a sz32 has only 10.5" thighs (not sure if pre-soak measurements or not), and the relaxed straight has a very, very small rise.

Any info on the backrise for sizes 31, 32, or 33?

Looks like I might have to pass on Strike Gold's. What a shame.

Edited by PhillyFresh

as indicated on each model's chart, "washed size chart".

front rise= approx 11.25 post wash on a W32 is "very, very small..." for you?

also, you have to put into consideration, it's from a japanese size chart__ not the BiG-style "from crotch" thigh measurement.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of SG 1103 and they did not shrink nearly as much as every was saying they would. 0.5' in the knee, and rises, but thats normal for most denim. The thigh shrunk about 0.5 as well and definitely were not too slim fitting, despite me usually having problems with thighs being too slim and I went TTS.

To be honest, I wish I sized down 1. I'll post fitpics when i get a chance. Also on sale in the marketplace...

Edited by PhillyFresh

My SG 1103 21/23 oz has still the same size after 200 days of daily wear in a row.

But I have to say that I wear my stuff one size too big and always in never washed or soaked raw condition. In that specific case no change of waist or length so far

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak