The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

That's not a good look. Those things are way too tight looking in the top block.

Edited by kiya

I'm interested in the 1105 and 2105. Compared to TFH 3005 and F380, would the SGs have a more fitted seat? I sold my TFHs because I found the anti-fit, repro-cut to give me the look of a wedgie that was independent of size or back rise length.

The best fitting pair that I have right now is the Jean Shop Rocker in a 28. It has a more fitted seat that seems to keep the back seam from climbing to far up my crack.

Edited by Kwaker

It's your jeans and as long as your are comfortable and happy in them - it is all that matters. IMO, you would have been better off going with a S1109 or S2109 cut.

these are my strike gold, size 32, i soaked them when i first got them and theyve been through 2 washes over its year and a half life check em out:

2ronomg.jpg

124tykz.jpg

That's definitely a size too small for you, its already too small and they shrink .5" in all areas when washed.

That's definitely a size too small for you, its already too small and they shrink .5" in all areas when washed.

I took the pic after the tee was washed. As you can see the shoulders fit just fine and the stomach area is pretty loose, sizing up will not give me the vintage fit I'm going for...

Edited by seanpsk

@palm chanon, I actually think that fit is quite good and I disagree with the people saying it's too small in the upper block. I would say it's slim at the top but not overly, and it's well balanced out by them not being overly tight below the knee. If you sized up, I feel like you probably would end up with some hip flare which would throw off the whole silhouette...

i'm thinking about grabbing a pair of the 1105's. i tried on a size 28 at seny and that fit was pretty good. thigh was a little tight but i figure it'll stretch. but those were the raws, so would a size 29 fit similarly after soaking/washing? i wear a 29 in pbj xx-011, but those tend to be a bit tight in the thigh after washing and then stretch out considerably with wear.

@kenzie_ careful with sizing the 1105s. thighs are a tad slimmer [ie, as compared to pbj 005/007] with respect to the thigh to waist proportion. the waistband stretches quite a bit__ even past raw measurement. so, if you have larger thighs, this cut is not for you.

Edited by BrownMetallic

Has anyone else seen holes forming the crotch area on their Strike Gold SG 2109's? I had mine for over a year with two soaks and two cold washes and I'm already seeing a hole form in the crotch. I bought these in my normal size with no downsizing. These seem a little fragile for $400 jean. I love the look and fit just wish they would hold up a little better. Has anyone else seen this?

^ for a year of daily (?) wear, I don't think it's strange to start seeing holes.

EDIT: and i think there's a very wrong misconception that a $400 pair of jeans is supposed to last exponentially longer than a $40 pair of jeans. yes, they're made "better"... but if you want longevity, buy ten pairs of $40 jeans.

Edited by Layne

Has anyone else seen holes forming the crotch area on their Strike Gold SG 2109's? I had mine for over a year with two soaks and two cold washes and I'm already seeing a hole form in the crotch. I bought these in my normal size with no downsizing. These seem a little fragile for $400 jean. I love the look and fit just wish they would hold up a little better. Has anyone else seen this?

I'd say that's pretty amazing for every day wear for over a year. Most people form crotch holes in less than one year in ANY jean.

anyone know where I could get the strike gold tees?

thanks

We'll have them in multiple colors (blank) at all three Self Edge stores in July.