The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

thx keenks , sorry for the shirtless pose, can't get my shirt tucked in hahahah, jjtan sorry couldnt post my post soaked pics yet, my camera wasnt available , i think you should go for 33 if you dont find any problem in thigh and crotch area, cause its killing me in those area post soaked

Just got my SG2109 from Self Edge. My initial reaction was wow this denim is stiff and rigid. The color of the denim with the beige weft yarns is really different. The hardware and stitching details are really nice. The front pockets are also nice and deep. The deerskin leather patch feels wimpy and a little cheap for this level of denim in my opinion. The Strike Gold crew should look at the Iron Heart leather patches for future runs.

I soaked mine flat in a bath tub with the hottest water I could get from the faucet. I soaked the jeans for 80 minutes. I let them air dry over night. The denim still feels very stiff and a little itchy after the soak. I like the fit from the thighs down but the upper block and seat feel a little baggy. Hopefully it will settle with wear. The waist did not really shrink from the soak.

Has anyone else had the same experience with the waist?

pre-soak----- post-soak

waist - 37.0-----37.0

inseam - 37.0-----36.0

rise - 11.4-----11.0

thigh - 13.1-----12.75

leg open - 8.9-----8.5

IH's patches are an anomaly which match the brand's aesthetic, they're also cowhide.

A deerskin patch is extremely sturdy but a bit more luxurious in feel and look. I wouldn't say that just because a leather patch is thin that it feels cheap.

The soak probably wasn't hot enough. I soaked mine in nearly boiling water for around 2 hours, and they shrunk about .5" in the waist, then dried them in the dryer and they shrunk another .5" in the waist.

Toganpro - The rise shrunk 0.4 inches.

Kiya - I hear what your saying on the leather patch. I was just giving my initial thoughts on it. Any thoughts on why the waist did not shrink after my soak?

If the rise shrunk that much then the waist also shrink almost 1".

It defies the laws of physics for a jean to shrink that much in the rise and not shrink at all in the waist.

If the rise shrunk that much then the waist also shrink almost 1".

It defies the laws of physics for a jean to shrink that much in the rise and not shrink at all in the waist.

I did not measure the jeans before the soak so maybe the waist was a little bigger than your posted measurements to begin with????

I did not measure the jeans before the soak so maybe the waist was a little bigger than your posted measurements to begin with????

That is definitely a possibility, normally our measurements are pretty close to exact, but jeans obviously do different from jean to jean very slightly, but i'd say .5" at the absolute most.

That is definitely a possibility, normally our measurements are pretty close to exact, but jeans obviously do different from jean to jean very slightly, but i'd say .5" at the absolute most.

I soaked them again for another hour and then threw them in the dryer for 45 minutes. This got the waist down to 36.5.

To get the most shrinkage from a soak, the jeans need to be agitated while soaking so that the water completely soaks to the core of the denim fibers. Just letting them soak may work, but with some of the heavy duty starches used in denim and the tight weave the water may not completely penetrate the denim.

That fit looks really good, i love the xx05 fit, it's slim up top then straight down and they look great with any type of shoes.

I went from the 1105 to the 2105 recently.

That fit looks really good, i love the xx05 fit, it's slim up top then straight down and they look great with any type of shoes.

I went from the 1105 to the 2105 recently.

Thanks - The fit feels better now that I got that extra shrink out of them. I think they will get better as they soften with time.