The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

I'll probably order them in a few weeks - half waiting to see if there is going to be a restock of the straight leg cut in the lighter weight denim. The super full cut is worrisome to me, but we've pretty much got a full roster of people for the tour.

Great news. Thanks for the update. The 1101 looks awesome too, and maybe a more versatile fit.

just to resurrect this thread

flannel shirts are truly amazing sorry bad iphone photo i'll take a few more when i have time. i think this one is my favorite color they have made so far

unfortunately i need an XL anyone want to buy a large?

Why not just exchange it for a size up?

Alroght, I am going to go in order. FIT PICS will be in the last post. Or last part of the post..

This is when I first received them (no soak yet). I didn't want to take pre-soak pics of the fit, because it was just... not pretty, Looked about 3 sizes too big.

IMAG0603.jpg

IMAG0604.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

IMAG0607.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

IMAG0613.jpg

IMAG0614.jpg

@ Laxlife: Those fit you perfect imo! Don´t soak them a second time just yet. Let them settle first and then decide...that´s my opinion and my advice...

Great pair though!

I concur with Alex, dont touch them for another couple of weeks and see how they settle. If you're not happy with the fit after that give them a hot wash (no spin).

yeah, I wasn't planning on giving them another soak to be honest. the only shrinkage really left is in the inseam, other than that if they look big its cause I sized up one so they'll still fit in two years.

And I'm glad the inseam isn't THAT long. but I still have to wait for these to settle so they are still very stiff so yeah, they arent going to look that great.

I'm going to just let them be for now, I'm more than happy with my fit at the moment, if they are too baggy once everything settles, or I don't like the fit in a few weeks I'm either going to give another hot soak, and if I still don't like them, I'm going to get them tapered.

But, for now I'm not worrying about anything so nothing is going to happen for a while. And thanks to all the compliments, forgot to say that before.

anyone knows where i can find strike gold? say the 1105 in a 28?

i really like their designs but the threads here are very little.

They're doing a another run of those and they'll be done March 1st.

that'd be great.

what would anyone think between their 1105 14oz and 1105ex 23oz?

i actually like that thought of 23oz extra heavy denim. :D

maybe sound weird but i love that feeling.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/sg1105ex/ 23oz link

I don't own either, but I have the 1103ex, and I love the denim. It's really stiff at first, but I wore it all yesterday, and it isn't soft, but I would've thought that it would have taken longer to loosen up, and soften up. /it's stiff, but it's not as stiff as I would have expected it to be. If you decide to go for the 1103ex (even though you didn't say you wanted it), go TTS. That's my only regret, cause I am thinking I am going to give it another hot soak, and if I still don't like it then get mine tapered cause it is flaring out in the hips too much for my liking.

I don't own either, but I have the 1103ex, and I love the denim. It's really stiff at first, but I wore it all yesterday, and it isn't soft, but I would've thought that it would have taken longer to loosen up, and soften up. /it's stiff, but it's not as stiff as I would have expected it to be. If you decide to go for the 1103ex (even though you didn't say you wanted it), go TTS. That's my only regret, cause I am thinking I am going to give it another hot soak, and if I still don't like it then get mine tapered cause it is flaring out in the hips too much for my liking.

tapering won't help to much with the fit on your hips unless you get your whole leg taken in. on top of that. you're 15 and the plan is to wear that pair at least 2 years (heavyweight contest). your body will change.

and from the pics it doesn't look too bad

Any update on Kiya's SGs?

Nope, just been wearing them.

Loving the denim and fit.

I've never had the arcuates on a pair of jeans come off so quickly, they're just starting to come apart and it's been 4.5 months.

another source for Strike Gold jeans (especially if you're not an American resident)

is klax-on.

Here's their entire SG line-up

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/c/0000000234/

yeah i'm not. so that might be what

yeah might take a look into that. TTS, hahaha. japanese denim usually dont have my size except for certain brands. i usually go with the smallest. that's the problem why i didnt look into the 1103. but yeah will have a look. :D