The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

P-Oak, how much shrinking did u get after the wash, i did two hot soaks but i felt like i saw the most shrinking after a cold wash hang dry?

Two initial hot soaks took care of all the shrink for me...

After two weeks of straight wear and then another hot soak, they tightened up again, but no noticeable additional shrink, but that seems to be the nature of a loose-weave - it doesn't knit tighter after some wear with another soak. Higher tension weaves seem to have more of a second shrink.

The water was tinted brown from remaining starch though.

I'd say 29 Luij. They stretch enough indeed.

thanks, I think I'm gonna get a 29 :)

Also about the tab thing, what other jeans have the tabs cut off in America from Self Edge/BiG?

Liuj, after the Levi's lawsuits of recent years all brands sold in the US can't have the Levi's signature red tab. Those with arcuates resembling the Levi's arcuates had to redesign them. That's why so many of the have similarities in some way to the Levi's arcuate such as Samurai, the Flat Head, Evisu, RRL, the Strike Gold and Iron Heart just to name a few.

edit: saw someone explained it, will leave anyways.

Ya I was asking about the tabs since I know eternals just stitch the blue tab on the coin pocket was wondering if any other brands did something similar.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

P-Oak, how much shrinking did u get after the wash, i did two hot soaks but i felt like i saw the most shrinking after a cold wash hang dry?

Umm, I didn't measure how much it shrunk after I washed it, but overall I couldn't tell a difference in the feel of the fit after I washed it if that helps. If anything, there was a very subtle feeling of it being a bit more fitted.

Not trying to "dis" SG, but is their build quality good? you have rips in your back pockets, stitches are missing on the top of the back pockets, rivets are almost exposed and the cuffs are ripped. is that just me or am i a jeans pussy and dont wear that hard? edit, fades are great either way

Strike Gold SG1105 (6 Months) - 1 wash / 1 pre-soak

5286074247_a68fe5c30b_z.jpg

5286074483_c1752be0bd_z.jpg

5286074633_db213ce10a_z.jpg

So I am putting together a Strike Gold World Tour of the 1103EX heavy weight 23oz jeans for a size 32. Interested parties please PM me as soon as possible as this will probably start rolling out in the next 2-3 weeks.

More details to follow.

So I am putting together a Strike Gold World Tour of the 1103EX heavy weight 23oz jeans for a size 32. Interested parties please PM me as soon as possible as this will probably start rolling out in the next 2-3 weeks.

More details to follow.

to the top!

More details to follow.

one last bump before the fun begins...

Hey xchen, any progress to report here? Excited to hear about it!

Hey xchen, any progress to report here? Excited to hear about it!

I'll probably order them in a few weeks - half waiting to see if there is going to be a restock of the straight leg cut in the lighter weight denim. The super full cut is worrisome to me, but we've pretty much got a full roster of people for the tour.